Star Forge Showdown Continued Issues [MEGA]

Replies

• ni7sjtg2m990.gif
  • How to make even calm players rage quit 101.
  • After the first Malak shard glitch fiasco, there was a lot of hate and complaints on here and across the rest of the social media board. Especially alot of hate towards the ridiculous 'Reconciliation plan'

So the event finally came back a second time around after a good long weeks wait, plus all the other furious players who had their Malaks reversed. Yet the glitch seems to still be there!?

Now I've come back to the forums to have a rant. Oh wait. There seems to be less posts of people complaining this time? Has everyone packed and left? CG certainly seemed to have jumped ship for the weekend too!
  • CG just needs to give us all an early 4th year anniversary gift as a step to fix their screw ups. They need to go back to the start of the first Starforge screwup and do the following:

1. Everyone who had a 7* & 6* Malak - is returned enough GET equal to raising Malak 1 * level
    2. Everyone who had a 5* Malak - is given 85 Malak shards
    3. Give everyone that didn’t have Malak - 150 Malak shards
    4. Give everyone 2000 crystals
    5. Give everyone 1 full zeta
    6. Give those who had either a 5*, 6*, or 7* - 5000 GET
    7. Give everyone 5 random full gear 13 pieces

This isn’t a perfect fix but don’t think anything will be perfect but at least it would be a start
  • casper1jr
    175 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Some of you need to go outside, some of these replies are hilarious. It's a game, nothing is perfect and nothing will ever be perfect. No one should be getting so worked up over a game, if you are then maybe it's time to find something that's actually fun and not as stressful. If you spent money then maybe it's time to stop. You're going to give yourself a heart attack one day when a real life issue comes along that you can't handle.

Remember, all games come to an end and when you spend money, it's for entertainment purposes only. Nothing you spend money on here has any value. Games I spend hundreds of dollars on over the years have since been shut down. One day this game will end as well. When you spend money, you don't earn any right as you're just buying entertainment. It's been this way 10+ years and will never change. Maybe this will be a wake up call for some.
  • casper1jr wrote: »
    Some of you need to go outside, some of these replies are hilarious. It's a game, nothing is perfect and nothing will ever be perfect. No one should be getting so worked up over a game, if you are then maybe it's time to find something that's actually fun and not as stressful. If you spent money then maybe it's time to stop. You're going to give yourself a heart attack one day when a real life issue comes along that you can't handle.

Remember, all games come to an end and when you spend money, it's for entertainment purposes only. Nothing you spend money on here has any value. Games I spend hundreds of dollars on over the years have since been shut down. One day this game will end as well. When you spend money, you don't earn any right as you're just buying entertainment. It's been this way 10+ years and will never change. Maybe this will be a wake up call for some.

Except the game isn’t shutting down. People clamoring for the money and time invested to be honored with quality content isn’t something to bite your thumb at. However if you think it reasonable to do so then that’s on you. That being said, people demanding a certain quality of product that they invested their money into is far from unreasonable
  • Well first time everyone raged, this time no one bothers anymore because we didn't expected anything else.
    Can't wait for round three and fail numer three.
  • Not feeling very confident investing for GS return.
  • Yoda099 wrote: »
    CG just needs to give us all an early 4th year anniversary gift as a step to fix their screw ups. They need to go back to the start of the first Starforge screwup and do the following:

1. Everyone who had a 7* & 6* Malak - is returned enough GET equal to raising Malak 1 * level
    2. Everyone who had a 5* Malak - is given 85 Malak shards
    3. Give everyone that didn’t have Malak - 150 Malak shards
    4. Give everyone 2000 crystals
    5. Give everyone 1 full zeta
    6. Give those who had either a 5*, 6*, or 7* - 5000 GET
    7. Give everyone 5 random full gear 13 pieces

This isn’t a perfect fix but don’t think anything will be perfect but at least it would be a start

🙄
    WOW
    lol
  • My humble opinion on this is that, no, in the grand scheme of world events, this is not a big deal, however, this is their business, and in the face of growing customer frustration, most reasonable businesses, who have a business model running 7 days a week like this does, would and should suck it up and work through the weekend to try to resolve the issues they are facing. Will it change much? Probably not, but it would be a gesture of goodwill to the players that they actually care about what is going on.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Here's the Mega thread that all other threads are merged into. Enjoy your reading.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217203/star-forge-showdown-still-messed-up
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    casper1jr wrote: »

Except the game isn’t shutting down. People clamoring for the money and time invested to be honored with quality content isn’t something to bite your thumb at. However if you think it reasonable to do so then that’s on you. That being said, people demanding a certain quality of product that they invested their money into is far from unreasonable

It might not be now but it will in the long run. My point is, this game is entertainment like every other game. Remember all the mafia games over the last 10 years? They all ended with people losing thousands of dollars. Why you might ask, because the stuff you buy has no resale value. The game is still strong but you can't seriously think this game will be around forever or that you can sell your account. You can't, against the rules to sell and one day this game will end. When it does, you'll remember this post lol. It might not for another 5 years but the fact is still the same, entertainment only.
  • Come on, I need to buy my last shards! It will help me during TB, TW And GA
    Do or don't there is no try
  • I’m sure it’s been discussed in here somewhere but why aren’t Malak Shards available in the store? I have him legitimately at 6* and I have GET to spend.
  • People like me who got Malak a long time ago and 7 starred him long before this event:

nwml3m02ekij.gif

4v2019t0rwkl.gif
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

You should better say "Hi, I love EA and CG, best companies evah, no trolling lol"
    I

This isn't funny, I'm. A f2p that doesn't give EA any money. This must be your first long playing game on a phone or you would know what I'm taking about lol. I already leaned my lesson with Life is Crime and pocket mafia years ago. You have no clue at all and you will learn the hard way like .any others. In the end you will have nothing to show for your money spent. Once a game doesn't make anymore money, then it's time to make a new one and start over. Endless cycle, you better get used to it if you want to keep playing games.
    It's a game, nothing is perfect and nothing will ever be perfect.

I think the majority of players are well aware of this, and they don't expect the game to be perfect, they just want to have fun. But it raises serious doubts about their competence that they are so successful "fixing" their bug that it happens again right away.
    Since Mortal Kombat X I never buy a game on release day expecting them to be full of bugs, coz the devs rush the release/don't care about coding/anything else. But when they fix a bug, they fix that bug. This is not the case here, and that's my problem with this whole fiasco. (Not to mention other bugs that they don't care to fix for a long time.)
  • Unbelievable. At least put Malak back in the store while you fix this mess.

• You didn't give me back the malak shards I had, you didn't give me back the Power Cell Injector I had in the malak G13 ... will you steal me in the hard face?
  • They should scrape the event and make malak available in the shop to buy like wompa.
  • They should scrape the event and make malak available in the shop to buy like wompa.

Or make them 7* unlocks and not make us buy shards to begin with and release not broken content.
  • Y’all are a trip. I’m no CG apologist as I have my own frustrations with the way they set up events and milk every cent out of the player base that they can, but all of you who are raging over this Malak snafu really need to get a life. I don’t have Malak yet, but unlocked him BOTH times and had him taken away BOTH times, and I spent money on gearing toons that I don’t care about and oh well. Who cares? The sun will still come up tomorrow. There are A LOT more important things to worry about in life than SWGoH and Malak. I’ll wait patiently until they put him out again and unlock him AGAIN. And if they mess up again and take him away again? Who cares? I’ll keep doing it over and over if I have to. It’s a game. May the Force be with you :)
  • I'm curious how they address the disappointment that most are experiencing. Our guild has been less enthusiastic of late. This latest fiasco has taken the wind out of a lot of people's sails. Took us almost 2 days to finish Sith raid, participation in Geo tb is way down and nobody is communicating like they usually do in chat.
    I wonder if they care? I've felt that a lot of the decisions they've made lately have been to say they don't care about the launch player base and that they would be content to get rid of those who have been with this for almost 4 years now. I'm very curious how they respond to this.
    Compensating for malaise and apathy they created is near impossible to figure out. But a "Hey, we're sorry for screwing up again. Your enjoyment in our game is important to us. Thanks for being here." Would be nice.
  • They don’t care, what have they done in the last 2 years to convince anyone different?
  • The update should be today.
  • Did they really just add another gear pack to the store? Before fixing their mess?
  • TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Did they really just add another gear pack to the store? Before fixing their mess?

sales team would be dealing with that not the dev team
  • RunnerX
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2019

I will help you, guys from CG, now.
    Easy fix:

Everybody who play the Starforge Showdown will earn all those 75 + 75 Malak shards, every time the event is on.
    Same with every Epic Confrontation event.
    And the they shards on GET store remains.

Why?
    Because NO ONE will wait for the next event to upgrade his character.

Easy like sunday morning
This discussion has been closed.