Are u kidding me? Driven by NEW content?

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Soz58 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Yes you want a recap of 2019?
    Yes please, it won’t take long Geo TB, Relics, Gen Anakin... what did I miss?
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    new toons and ships such as Shaak Ti, Brood Alpha
    Grand Arena Championships
    Mods 2.0 (including slicing, filtering, sorting)
    Relics
    QOL updates such as the UI for battles

Depending on when that report starts, you can add Bastila Shan (Fallen), Carth Onasi, Canderous, Juhani and C3PO to the list

I'm sure there are some more i'm missing since these were all from the top of my head

Reworks, reskins, and new gear grind is not new content.
  • Soz58 wrote: »
    142fg5evhjf4.jpeg

*shrug* Most players are going to consider content as "things to do", but most companies are going to consider content as "things to sell". It is what it is....
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Sorry, there are many legitimate complaints about this game. "No new content in 2019!!!!" Is not one of them.

Yeah! Be specific! Let me fix the premise.

Minimal new FUN content that wasn't just a reskin of something old in 2019.

Akalay battle and Malak event were really the only things that qualified as new/fun IMHO.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    If it’s not new content, why do people keep spending money on it?

You should google freemium games + manipulation + psychology + addiction ;)

• *gets list of content*

BUT IT ISN'T THE EXACT CONTENT I WANT
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    People need to stop conflating "content" (something in the game) with "stuff to do" (activities to perform within the game to keep idle hands busy).

The game has been getting plenty of the former. It's the latter that's seemed (there's that word again) to be lacking as of late.

Many had hoped that Geo TB would help, but it's merely taken the place of other content if you use it.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Blackula wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    Relics

Depending on when that report starts, you can add Bastila Shan (Fallen), Carth Onasi, Canderous, Juhani and C3PO to the list

I'm sure there are some more i'm missing since these were all from the top of my head

Meanwhile in reality you can buy a real game for $50/60 and all of that stuff you listed is knocked out after pressing the start button

ok
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    Relics

Reworks are the best type of content since its F2P friendly.

I don't think you understand that any new content = LITERALLY anything added to the game.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Good quality list, how ,any in the past 6 months, nice to see you CG employees sticking together
    No problem, hidden CG employee that set this thread up just so we can brag about our achievements

You weren't supposed to say anything. Now TVFcrumb will drop the hammer on us. B)
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    I don't think you understand that any new content = LITERALLY anything added to the game.

Yeah! Like all the new bugs they add to the game with every update. That’s some fresh new content right there!
  • Since we need to be specific, I would like more re-playable PvE content that scales in difficulty as my roster improves, and I would like this content to be available to play more than twice a month.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Since we need to be specific, I would like more re-playable PvE content that scales in difficulty as my roster improves, and I would like this content to be available to play more than twice a month.

You mean like GW used to be before everyone complained, which is why the devs changed it?
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    The only thing this game has got going for it is Star Wars. If all these type of games were some generic topic this game would have been stopped long ago.

Far from the "only" thing, but definitely the biggest thing. I played Dragon Champions and will it was new, it was just a reskin of this game not new content. But it wasnt Star Wars and I didnt care at all about the characters.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    The only thing this game has got going for it is Star Wars. If all these type of games were some generic topic this game would have been stopped long ago.

Far from the "only" thing, but definitely the biggest thing. I played Dragon Champions and will it was new, it was just a reskin of this game not new content. But it wasnt Star Wars and I didnt care at all about the characters.

You didn't care about Mr. Panda?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel wrote: »

It's also dangerously close (or perhaps it is) to infringing on WoW copyrights with the look of some of its characters.
  • If it’s not new content, why do people keep spending money on it?

Contrary to what some people want to believe, a lot of people actually like playing this game. As much as I don’t like the latest direction, I enjoy the game. They can’t even kick me out.

Instead of kicking you out they are trying to just make everyone else quit.

It's also dangerously close (or perhaps it is) to infringing on WoW copyrights with the look of some of its characters.
    That's a boat that would best remain unrocked. The Warcraft franchise began its own life as a blatant Warhammer ripoff.
  • UrbanNomad
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    142fg5evhjf4.jpeg

Is it just me or are we looking at 2020 second quarter stuff? Either way, never underestimate the power of marketing schmoo.

Even though as a modest F2P guy I’ve only just now picked up JKR and am starting some minor work on Geos (I also farmed a lot of stupid things) I think we’ve gotten a lot of content in the first half of the year. I wish the drag from July until now was a little better than it was but I’ve got a decent hope that November and December will see a fair amount of fun content. Give me a diverse meta. Let me theory craft teams. Give me new modes. That’s pretty much all I want or need.
  • StarSon
    7421 posts Member
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    Relics

Actually, it is. It's not new *playable* content, which is what some people seem to want, but it is still new content.

Just because it's not the new content you wanted, doesn't mean it's not new content.

And for the record, I agree we need more fun, optional stuff to do in game. But that doesn't mean I look at all the stuff they added and changed this year and try to claim it's not content.

That's a boat that would best remain unrocked. The Warcraft franchise began its own life as a blatant Warhammer ripoff.

Blizzard actually had intended to make a Warhammer game, but couldn't get the licensing deal done, but yeah point taken.

Since we need to be specific, I would like more re-playable PvE content that scales in difficulty as my roster improves, and I would like this content to be available to play more than twice a month.

You mean like GW used to be before everyone complained, which is why the devs changed it?

I loved the old GW. Finishing the last few nodes required multiple teams and pre-loading TM on key characters to make sure you got the drop on the nearly unbeatable CLS and Rogue One teams at the end. It really felt like I was earning those extra crystals and GW currency over other players that couldn't finish it. I would absolutely go back to that model if offered.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Millenium Falcon
    Geo rework
    Clone Trooper Rework
    Sep rework
    Padme legendary
    DS TB
    Malak
    Darth Revan
    General Skywalker
    Relics

loooool awesome. but what other than all those??!?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
    BeralCator wrote: »

I loved the old GW. Finishing the last few nodes required multiple teams and pre-loading TM on key characters to make sure you got the drop on the nearly unbeatable CLS and Rogue One teams at the end. It really felt like I was earning those extra crystals and GW currency over other players that couldn't finish it. I would absolutely go back to that model if offered.

Old GW was great. Gave you a place to practice against arena level squads. Many people complained about the difficulty because it was either easy or insanely difficult (I'm fuzzy on why, but I think it had something to do with the power of your top 5 characters. All I know was by the time they did anything about it, it had been easy for me for quite awhile.) Unfortunately, instead of making the mode have a difficulty that was worthwhile for everyone (in addition to giving the option to SIM), CG (like always) took the path of least work, and just neutered it and gave sim-ability.

BeralCator wrote: »

Old GW was great. Gave you a place to practice against arena level squads. Many people complained about the difficulty because it was either easy or insanely difficult (I'm fuzzy on why, but I think it had something to do with the power of your top 5 characters. All I know was by the time they did anything about it, it had been easy for me for quite awhile.) Unfortunately, instead of making the mode have a difficulty that was worthwhile for everyone (in addition to giving the option to SIM), CG (like always) took the path of least work, and just neutered it and gave sim-ability.

There was a glitch where if your arena power was too high, the last node was broken and it gave you G1 Ewoks or something. I think originally each node was drawn from a pool of teams that was a certain percentage of your power, with the last one being ~110-120% and the glitch occurring when no teams met that criteria.

I was very upset when it was neutered as it reduced one of the advantages I had over other players. I think I only failed to complete all nodes maybe a handful of times; I remember one of them was a brutal G12 Krennic lead with Thrawn, Death Trooper, Shore Trooper, and Stormtrooper - wonder if it was AhnaldT101. :wink:
  • StarSon wrote: »

Actually, it is. It's not new *playable* content, which is what some people seem to want, but it is still new content.

Just because it's not the new content you wanted, doesn't mean it's not new content.

And for the record, I agree we need more fun, optional stuff to do in game. But that doesn't mean I look at all the stuff they added and changed this year and try to claim it's not content.

You keep using the word "new" though. So if they change the color pf padme's shirt that's "new" content? If they renumbers the light side and dark side nodes is that "new" content? Surely they pushed out code, but is it new?

A bit extreme obviously, and I know from your last statement that you get the point of the OP, but I think if we start giving them built in excuses they'll continue to post threads like new content drives players and everyone will think it has been doing that.

I'll give them a pass on new content for Malak and GAS whether people like it or not. It's not so much the character, but the event itself I'm counting, though it being a one and done (once complete) kind of minimalism it as new content. Geo TB is a reskin and some of it is neat. I mean I for one am happy with it and the challenge it presents, but it is not "new". It's a reskin for the most part (maybe Aklay aside) and if it could be run with other TBs it may be considered more than just a replacement/substitute.

Reworks and new toons like Shaak-Ti I think is pushing as new content, but I guess they had to come up with new kits and synergies. I'd be more apt to give credit for new toons than reworked ones, though they were desperately needed. Maintenance in itself of game dynamics is not new content.

Relics isn't really new content either. I'd just g14 not being called g14. If they rolled out a new dynamic image of your relic in battle screens, new abilities with it (possibly forthcoming??) etc then maybe I'd give credit there, but it's basically a gear grind with a static picture on a character sheet screen which seems like a huge waste of time to me since they already had the dynamic to increase character power through adding gear levels. This was nothing "new", but how many people would spend for simply g14 so they tossed out a picture and name for g14 called relics and there we are. Basically a new shirt for Padme.
  • StarSon
    7421 posts Member
    MntMan wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

You keep using the word "new" though. So if they change the color pf padme's shirt that's "new" content? If they renumbers the light side and dark side nodes is that "new" content? Surely they pushed out code, but is it new?

A bit extreme obviously, and I know from your last statement that you get the point of the OP, but I think if we start giving them built in excuses they'll continue to post threads like new content drives players and everyone will think it has been doing that.

I'll give them a pass on new content for Malak and GAS whether people like it or not. It's not so much the character, but the event itself I'm counting, though it being a one and done (once complete) kind of minimalism it as new content. Geo TB is a reskin and some of it is neat. I mean I for one am happy with it and the challenge it presents, but it is not "new". It's a reskin for the most part (maybe Aklay aside) and if it could be run with other TBs it may be considered more than just a replacement/substitute.

Reworks and new toons like Shaak-Ti I think is pushing as new content, but I guess they had to come up with new kits and synergies. I'd be more apt to give credit for new toons than reworked ones, though they were desperately needed. Maintenance in itself of game dynamics is not new content.

Relics isn't really new content either. I'd just g14 not being called g14. If they rolled out a new dynamic image of your relic in battle screens, new abilities with it (possibly forthcoming??) etc then maybe I'd give credit there, but it's basically a gear grind with a static picture on a character sheet screen which seems like a huge waste of time to me since they already had the dynamic to increase character power through adding gear levels. This was nothing "new", but how many people would spend for simply g14 so they tossed out a picture and name for g14 called relics and there we are. Basically a new shirt for Padme.

I'll say again. Just because you don't like they content they added, does not make it not new. And yes, though extreme, if they changed Padme's shirt color, that's new content. Just like changing JKA's look is new content.

Relics are new content. It is an aspect of the game that did not exist until they added it. You may not like the new progression after g13, but it was still "new content" when they pushed the update.
  • If it’s not new content, why do people keep spending money on it?

You should google freemium games + manipulation + psychology + addiction ;)

I get all of that. It’s real. But even addicted people won’t spend if there isn’t new content to spend money on. Hence the “new content” claim.

People are so eager to be upset over something that they are getting upset over silly things. I mean, these complaints are over the terminology used to quickly describe to investors why revenue was up the last 2 quarters. Think about how insane that is?
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Although Asajj Ventress didn't get a touch-up to synergise with the Separatist faction (yet?), I still appreciate the change do her basic stance
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Although Asajj Ventress didn't get a touch-up to synergise with the Separatist faction (yet?), I still appreciate the change do her basic stance

Her special stance needs a rework though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH