Why do people complain?

Prev13
VIII
495 posts Member
edited March 2016
Instead of complaining or screaming out nerf, why don't you actually play the game?
This game is not about having your favourite heroes in one team.
It's about strategy.
Build a descent roster,
Mix up your heroes,
And build the best counter team to any team you face.
It's not that hard.
(Their is more than enough characters to build a good team, stop crying because you think 1 hero is too strong, understand each character and work against them)
[SöD]

Replies

• Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I googled your question, here was the answer:

First of all, most people don't realize how often they complain because it has become a habit and, like all habits, it tends to be so familiar that it becomes invisible. Secondly, most people feel that it's a good conversation starter because it's easier to find common ground by complaining. Lastly, people complain because they want validation for their beliefs.

source: http://mindbridgetraining.com/why-do-we-complain

lol.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • +1
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    some reason baby's cry :)
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Fantazy
    Mind=Blown
    Lol thnx for that , made me laugh
    [SöD]
  • VIII wrote: »
    @Fantazy
    Mind=Blown
    [SöD]

it was a fascinating insight into the human mind and behaviour :) I actually read the whole article! :)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • VIII wrote: »
    Instead of complaining or screaming out nerf, why don't you actually play the game?
    This game is not about having your favourite heroes in one team.
    It's about strategy.
    Build a descent roster,
    Mix up your heroes,
    It's not that hard.
    (Their is more than enough characters to build a good team, stop crying because you think 1 hero is too strong, understand each character and work against them)
    [SöD]

Agree. Some just like to hear themselves speak, or in this case read their own words.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    VIII wrote: »
    @Fantazy
    Mind=Blown
    [SöD]

Are u complaining about complainers? :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @J0K3R
    Lol no, just asking the question , why do they complain, when their is an answer to everything but they don't try to find the answer ;)
    [SöD]
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @VIII
    I agree with you, and no toon should ever be nerfed, in my opinion unnerf those who has been, strategy is the key plus learn how the AI use the toons, that way you can get far with an under powered team, so it gets easier to get a broader range of viable toons
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Because blleeeeeeehhhhhhhhh
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @J0K3R
    Lol no, just asking the question , why do they complain, when their is an answer to everything but they don't try to find the answer ;)
    [SöD]

Hah, was just checking! Its a good question. Since we all do it, i bet everyone has a slightly different reason.

Even if ppl say they complain about the unfair, thats not why THEY complain. Plenty of ppl in a similar situation do NOT complain... Sooo, this is where a truly introspective and honest person can determine why THEY are complaining... And i bet everyone has a different reason
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • (picks up picket sign) (Starts marching around)

Free Darth Maul! Free Darth Maul! Free Darth Maul!
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @TheDealer
    Hey, I never said anything about buffs :D lol
    [SöD]
  • Competition is why people whine and complain

If you want to be really happy and enjoy this game, you need to be on a non-competitive arena payout.

I cruise to 450 or 500 crystals every day without any problem.

I don't complain or worry about the meta. I just need a good enough team to climb to 1 from 16-20.

I did spend so money on this game to support the developers.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I googled your question, here was the answer:

First of all, most people don't realize how often they complain because it has become a habit and, like all habits, it tends to be so familiar that it becomes invisible. Secondly, most people feel that it's a good conversation starter because it's easier to find common ground by complaining. Lastly, people complain because they want validation for their beliefs.

source: http://mindbridgetraining.com/why-do-we-complain

lol.

"Wisdom you shall find"
    -Yoda

• hnewton
    492 posts Member
    Build a descent roster,
    Mix up your heroes,
    [SöD]
    I think what you meant to say was:
    -Qui-Gon (L)
    -Rey
    -GS
    -Count Dooku (To counter all the other Qui-Gons)
    -Yoda? (This spot is actually open to some [not very much] choice)
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @HelloHey
    HelloHey wrote: »
    Competition is why people whine and complain

Don't really agree with that, I'm really competitive :) .
    The difference is if I can't beat it at first, I will definitely try until I do , instead of complaining about it! But some people can't handle the pressure, I guess B)

[SöD]
  • People whine because it's effective.

Bull, but it works. Why try harder when you can have everyone else brought down to you or below?
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @HelloHey
    HelloHey wrote: »
    Competition is why people whine and complain

Don't really agree with that, I'm really competitive :) .
    The difference is if I can't beat it at first, I will definitely try until I do , instead of complaining about it! But some people can't handle the pressure, I guess B)

[SöD]

We are both probably older than the base line average customer. That said, I couldn't win GW the first time I tried. I had a plan for the next try, the next one, and the next one after that. I too had the most "impossible" teams. Eventually I beat it and now it has gotten a bit or a slightly more interesting than any challenge. The rewards are good, knock out Sid and heal, heal and heal some more. There is a way, figure it out I say.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Complainers gonna complain.

Haters gonna hate.

Just shake it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @hnewton
    Yes those are the most popular teams, but again every hero can be countered with strategy.
    For ex.
    (Using 2 characters as example instead 5 because it would be too long)
    If I'm playing against a team that has Poe and FOTP
    I would use Old Daka and GS

GS because of his assist and speed(not strength)
    Once GS uses his ability I have 2 chances to stun FOTP before he even fires
    Old Daka because she has a 45%chance to stun with 87% potency against FOTP (who has 21% tenacity) so a very high chance that he is stunned
    And the fact that she has a 40% chance to stun a 2nd target because Poe will taunt before Daka. While Daka attacks Poe I have that chance of stunning FOTP while damaging Poe.

In short I would try to stun FOTP over Poe because i know Poe has a higher tenacity and would be harder to stun.
    You have to know all your characters before you can use strategy.
    [SöD]
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Doga that's probably true, younger people have less patience and tend to whine instead of hard work.

@Reyia lmaooo, that was amazing!
    [SöD]
  • You suck ... ppl complain to get **** right and to make the game better for everyone. Just because you spent $1000 or you play every second of the day because you have no job... you may be better off than most ppl. Don't say dumb **** like learn how to play. That's what **** me off the most. I do know how to play but I didn't spend $1000 and I'm no on every second of the day.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    @grandmaster1985 but if you actually learned how to apply strategic planning , you would find out that this game is easier than it looks, you don't have to spend thousands or be on every second but like anything else , do your homework, learn what's best to counter with, and the battles will be easier. The fact that your complaining just implies that your probably lazy and don't want to figure out how to beat the opposing team. With strategy you can win any battle. Relax its just a game ;)
    [SöD]
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    You suck ... ppl complain to get **** right and to make the game better for everyone. Just because you spent $1000 or you play every second of the day because you have no job... you may be better off than most ppl. Don't say dumb **** like learn how to play. That's what **** me off the most. I do know how to play but I didn't spend $1000 and I'm no on every second of the day.

Preach brother preach.

First and only sensible and logical comment in this thread.
    This bro speaks the real deal.
    No sugar coated nonsense..

Lot of fan boys in this thread giving gentle back rubs.

Hey Op...got too excited in this thread huh???

Take it easy! Aight!

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    @Annastrasza lmaooo if you truly believe what he's saying than why play the game at all? if you just whine and cry instead of finding a solution, you go nowhere.
    [SöD]
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think you see the game different from many others. A good chunk of the people playing this game really don't want balance! What they want is to use their favorite character (Mace W, Vader, Ahsoka, JKA, etc.) to kill everything in sight - tactics / strategy are far and away secondary considerations. Many join this game as a fan #1...and to actually fight / think is distant second. So you get buff complaint threads for characters that aren't strong enough to live up to the player's vision of how strong their favorite character should be and you get nerf threads for characters that they feel are more powerful than their favorite character or counter their favorite character directly.

Another example of how balance isn't desired comes from the fact that many players don't want to lose and don't want a challenge that puts them in position to lose. If you have game balance, that naturally means there is some combo out there any combo could lose to. The ideal situation in a game like this for a good chunk of players is "my favorite character is OP and I never lose with them when I use them."

Once you get comfortable with these 2 realities, you'll understand why people complain and make a lot of threads with complaints.
  • People complain because they think they gain from complaining. I mean look at all the complaining going on around the world some people live off of complaining
  • People complain because they can. And, if there's enough outcry, it can sometimes enact change. See Exhibit A: Poe.
  • Many complaints are valid about this game.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |