patch change = now we need option to leave/rejoin GA to update roster

We had an omission from our most recent patch notes. We’ve changed when the roster lock occurs for both TW and GAC matchmaking. Previously, your roster did not have a snapshot of your collection taken until the moment matchmaking had begun. This resulted in some players rosters being updated after the moment matchmaking by the nature of the system going through and taking snapshots of everyone’s roster. Now, when you click the Join button your roster is snapped. For TW, if you exit, you are removed from matchmaking consideration. When you rejoin, your roster is snapped again at that moment. Apologies for the omission.

given this change, i believe we need CG to add an option for us to leave/rejoin GA, as we can do in TW.

Replies

• Options
    Espiecially that the in-game description still says 'Player lock in ...' suggesting the roster locks when the matchmaking begins. Actually, some players can be really disappointed if they do not read forums and find their characters locked without mods for example...
  • Options
    I completely agree ☝🏻
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    It's stuff like this that makes me wonder what the heck is going on over at CG!?
    jgfjo4pagx9x.jpg
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” - Yoda
  • Options
    This totally devalues GAC this time for me - I feel they should take it down and restart it - I've heard many others complain about this issue, too

I mean, does CG care about it's players? I love GAC and spend time and money (in the form of allocating resources) preparing for it and this change does not allow me to do so!!

And, the only communication about this was a small post in the Dev forum stating they omitted this from the patch notes?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    This totally devalues GAC this time for me - I feel they should take it down and restart it - I've heard many others complain about this issue, too

I mean, does CG care about it's players? I love GAC and spend time and money (in the form of allocating resources) preparing for it and this change does not allow me to do so!!

And, the only communication about this was a small post in the Dev forum stating they omitted this from the patch notes?!?!?!?!?!?!

People keep saying this but that wasn’t the only communication. This was the original communication saying they were going to do this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215694/grand-arena-roster-lock-bug

The post you’re talking about just clarified that they had, in fact, done what they said they were going to do.
  • Options
    Thx for posting

With that said, an update of this magnitude should be communicated in game, in my opinion - I rarely visit the forums and feel you should not have to in order to received critical update information
  • Options
    I'll have to agree that they need to add a leave button so we can force update our rosters. Or just change it and have a 10 min window after the join period for rosters to lock and match making to occur.