Testing and Inner Guild Matches

I know it has been asked a million times but lets do this again. Why on a game of this magnitude is there absolutely no means of testing out characters in some type of test match that is free of of energy use etc. The developers want us to collect and horde all these shards and gear pieces and when you finally unlock a character or piece of gear to upgrade your squad you have no way to have some fun and see where you are at. Example : I just recently unlocked Treya and have been gearing her up at 5 star. Really cant use her in arena as I am facing magical Revan teams with gear 7 relics. So do I wait for days or weeks at a time to use her in territory wars? How do I gear her up for this. Cant really figure it out with out Testing!!! Why cant we have a test mode we can pit our own squads against each other. Or take it one step further and allow guilds to have free inner guild matchups. It would promote a little friendly competition and banter. Keep people interested. Help people understand why they have to horde and collect because they can better assess their stockpile of gear and characters. Just about every other online game has this. Clash of Clans. Hustle Castle etc. It cant be that hard to implement. How do the devs work out new content and such? Surley they have a test mode setup. Come on CG lets do something about this. Make the people happy and talking about the game for the right reasons this time. I could be wrong about the whole thing? Maybe people will back me up on this. What do I know? ~. some Canadian guy