Equal purple costs for same items please

Hello,

I've noticed there are times when you could buy either 50 units of salvage or a prototype from either the shard shop or weekly shipments. Using the Mk 5 stun gun here it's kind of odd that you can buy the prototype unit for 1274 purple and have to spend 1300 on 50 salvage units. The shards make the prototype so it's not like there is an extra step that justifies the increase in cost for individual items. If anything you'd think the salvages would be cheaper since we have to do the extra step to make the prototype. (I know it's not hard to hit a button, but IRL you expect the cost to be less if your doing the work right?) Could we get equal pricing for stuff like this? I never feel as bummed on this game as when I save purple for a few weeks to buy a piece only to realize I cant afford it by 20 purple because the prototype costs less then the individual salvages.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If anything you'd think the salvages would be cheaper since we have to do the extra step to make the prototype.

I think the opposite. If anything you would expect there to be a bulk discount because that's commonly how pricing works. I would expect the prototype to be cheaper than buying sets of 10 salvage (which it is), and I would also expect a group of 50 salvage to be cheaper than 5 sets of 10 salvage (which it is not).
  • I'm believe I'm thinking in terms of a service model. Where as if you paid some one for a service ( in this case the prototype being premade) it would cost more then if say you bought the individual parts. Another way to look at it is say you want a new wood chair. You could pay someone who already has it made or you could buy the wood and make it yourself. Buying the chair is more convenient but making it is cheaper. But I digress, this is just my personal feelings on the matter, which only relates in terms of the 50 salvage to the 1 prototype.