I feel bad

2Next

Replies

• Last question @7AnimalMother have you played around with more offense/speed on Fives for when he gives stats to the rest of the bunch? I've used both in different scenarios and am curious how it works here
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    artusa wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s going on a month now and i still can’t use my $600 character in arena because he just drops like a fly. Still at 5* 40/85 shards. Can only beat scrubs.

There are multiple 5* on my shard getting top 5. Maybe your team or mods are wrong.

There is a guy who is having some success and staying at the top but not because he’s difficult to beat but because everytime he falls he just climbs right back up again. What kind of life is that ? You have to constantly be watching out for arena just in case you fall to climb right back up again as to not fall any further. Some of the other guys who have god mods and modded correctly dont use GS because they fall in to the 40s when they usually stay in the teens with their DR comp

wait, so he can't stay on top? as opposed to...? I'd like to know more about teams that stay at the top and don't have to watch out near payout.

When your DR is 341 BSF 315 and Malak 328. You tend to not get knocked down as much and tend to just get avoided.

Depends on your shard. In some shards those speeds are totally average so you'd drop far still.

I'm not sure a 341/315 is "totally average."

Yeah I'm sure those are statistically top end mods. There may be some shards where many people in the top 50 have those kinds of mods, but I doubt you are finding them outside of that on 99.9% of shards.

Hehe saying they are average is like a guy making $150k a year saying he's middle class when in actuality he's he's a top 5% earner.

If we are talking about mods, then I'm sure the majoriry of my top 50 can pull those speeds off.

I really doubt the majority of your top 50 can do a +167, a +159, and a +155.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • artusa wrote: »
    It’s going on a month now and i still can’t use my $600 character in arena because he just drops like a fly. Still at 5* 40/85 shards. Can only beat scrubs.

There are multiple 5* on my shard getting top 5. Maybe your team or mods are wrong.

There is a guy who is having some success and staying at the top but not because he’s difficult to beat but because everytime he falls he just climbs right back up again. What kind of life is that ? You have to constantly be watching out for arena just in case you fall to climb right back up again as to not fall any further. Some of the other guys who have god mods and modded correctly dont use GS because they fall in to the 40s when they usually stay in the teens with their DR comp

Kind of the point of the game? No?
  • TVF wrote: »

wait, so he can't stay on top? as opposed to...? I'd like to know more about teams that stay at the top and don't have to watch out near payout.

When your DR is 341 BSF 315 and Malak 328. You tend to not get knocked down as much and tend to just get avoided.

Depends on your shard. In some shards those speeds are totally average so you'd drop far still.

Yeah I'm sure those are statistically top end mods. There may be some shards where many people in the top 50 have those kinds of mods, but I doubt you are finding them outside of that on 99.9% of shards.

Hehe saying they are average is like a guy making $150k a year saying he's middle class when in actuality he's he's a top 5% earner.

Some areas 150k is low income. These people live in apartments condos and rent shared rooms around where I live. I know several people who make more than 150k but cant even qualify for a home loan because they dont have enough income. Mortgages are like 4 to 6k a month out here and u need to take home 3 to 4x that to qualify. Need like 350k a year to be middle class 150k is low income in this region.

Mods vary greatly based on shard life if your on a day 1 shard everyone has a bunch of old mods from the first year or 2 of mods before they were re worked.

Old mods are hands down much better than the newer mods so what's average for a old player isnt what's average for a new player.

Comparing average mods across arena shards is like comparing house prices in SF, CA vs Nashville, TN.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

If we are talking about mods, then I'm sure the majoriry of my top 50 can pull those speeds off.

I really doubt the majority of your top 50 can do a +167, a +159, and a +155.

or top 20. imo.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Old mods are hands down much better than the newer mods so what's average for a old player isnt what's average for a new player.

This again?

Unless you're talking about the brief window of time where you could farm the old mods, hold them, and then slice them when 2.0 was released, this is anecdotal at best and flat out wrong at worst.
  • Last question @7AnimalMother have you played around with more offense/speed on Fives for when he gives stats to the rest of the bunch? I've used both in different scenarios and am curious how it works here

No Need. If rex or Echo die, the extra stats 5s gives even in full defense set makes it so a single echo aoe will kill anything left alive.
  • TVF wrote: »

Some areas 150k is low income. These people live in apartments condos and rent shared rooms around where I live. I know several people who make more than 150k but cant even qualify for a home loan because they dont have enough income. Mortgages are like 4 to 6k a month out here and u need to take home 3 to 4x that to qualify. Need like 350k a year to be middle class 150k is low income in this region.

Sorry. Statistically you are a top 5% earner in the USA if you make $150k. That doesn't change if you choose to live somewhere with ridiculous costs of living.
  • Who wastes money on a VIDEO GAME????!!! $600!!!?? I haven't spent a penny and still enjoy the game not as a top tier player and don't play more than 3 times a week. Give that a try, and spend more time reading and learn an instrument or something that is actually good for you
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Who wastes money on a VIDEO GAME????!!! $600!!!?? I haven't spent a penny and still enjoy the game not as a top tier player and don't play more than 3 times a week. Give that a try, and spend more time reading and learn an instrument or something that is actually good for you

Judge Judy?
  • First, the squad may not be done. We haven't seen the effect of arc trooper on the GS squad. Second, didn't you think about relics and their effect on the usefulness of a 5 star character? Finally, who promised you that GS would sit without falling in arena?
    You spent $600 to get a character in a mobile game. No matter how you compare that to tangible objects it'll fall short. What you received was a shiny new toy that only a few thousand people got in the entire world. CG filled their end of the bargain.
    It’s going on a month now and i still can’t use my $600 character in arena because he just drops like a fly. Still at 5* 40/85 shards. Can only beat scrubs. CG hasnt addressed this as a problem which means this was their plan all along and we have to deal with. I’ve lost my confidence in the game. I’ve lost my confidence in CG. I don’t know whether i should keep playing or just quit. What’s the point. I got played the fool.

Why did you drop $600?
  • so if you hoarders could just stop that would be great, OK?

I couldn't help but sounding it out in my head as "so... if you hoarders could just stop... that would be great... mmkay?"

It’s going on a month now and i still can’t use my $600 character in arena because he just drops like a fly. Still at 5* 40/85 shards. Can only beat scrubs. CG hasnt addressed this as a problem which means this was their plan all along and we have to deal with. I’ve lost my confidence in the game. I’ve lost my confidence in CG. I don’t know whether i should keep playing or just quit. What’s the point. I got played the fool.

Why did you drop $600?

Also drop like a fly? That means a loss of interest like active players are dropping like flies. (Meaning many of them have lost interest).

Drop like a rock would be more appropriate. That means to move quickly in a downward direction. Like how your
    5 star gas team performs.

When complaining it's very important to use the correct idioms.
  • My CLS team has never performed better. I dropped 600 2-a-day logins for a year.
    Time = money according to truth and my wife.
    They actually did address it in the Q & A. They said they don't plan on changing anything anytime soon because they feel Skywalker (and Malak) are end-game plays for people to finalize their collection with. They want people to "earn" it. Also they said people aren't supposed to hoard because these characters are meant to be leveled slow so if you hoarders could just stop that would be great, OK?

Guess who else isn't spending any money on the next meta?

Then what’s the point of getting him early and spending a lot of money ? People are going to hoard and then get him to 7* around the exact same time i get mine to 7*. All they are doing is encouraging FTP. I’m so stupid. Why did i get him ? I could have just hoarded and waited until the next go around and saved a lot of money. Who the frick spends that much money on a single piece of content anyway ? I could have bought a game console or a bunch of games. All complete with all the characters. Not spending money on stupid gear for stupid characters i don’t want anyway just to get a character that i want who isn’t even really that good unless you count beating scrubs as success.

Whats the point? There is no point in that. Although CG is all about money, you can't blame them for the whales need to get every new shiny character as soon as it comes out and max them in an instant. CG introduces stuff as "end-game content" to give long-time players a goal. Some people want that goal to be reached within one day. I understand its because others are doing it as well and you have to stay on top in Arena and stuff, but yeah, there is no point in spending 600 dollars on anything in any game, ever.

As you said yourself, you can do a lot of other stuff with your money. What you are doing here feels like the usual kind of whale complain, who wants to pressure CG to rework General Anakin, and if that wont happen, you wont spend anymore. Well, unlike Malak, they wont care this time. Which is for the absolute better for a bigger part of the player base.

But maybe I am misreading you - and this case leads to you being able to spend your money on other things for real. Would be happy for you!

• If you actually spent 600 real world dollars on a character in a mobile game, you deserve to feel bad. That's just stupid.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    If you actually spent 600 real world dollars on a character in a mobile game, you deserve to feel bad. That's just stupid.

$100 less than Mobile Gamer though - although arguably he might see that as a business expense.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    If you actually spent 600 real world dollars on a character in a mobile game, you deserve to feel bad. That's just stupid.

It funds the game, so I just say thanks and keep my opinion of it to myself.
  • Ephran wrote: »

This could be said about a lot of things people have personal interest in. 600 for tennis shoes, watches, purses, gambling, alcohol... a whole lotta things people enjoy can be a cash sink.
    This just sounds like buyers guilt for getting a character they feel underperforms. The only real solution is to wait to see it in the wild. Unfortunately, you'll miss having the shiny new toy.
  • Then use another squad?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    My DR is at 317, Basti at 273 and Malak at 291. With that i was able to kill a R7 General Skywalker team so i can argue that 5* or R7 doesn't matter, both can be beaten right now. You probably would complain too that you get kicked off of first place in arena if you would have a R7 GS by now.

And yes, i do like that GS is extreme F2P friendly as relics made almost everything below 7* useless. Chapeau to the devs.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • You pay 600 and you still are not given a full character? I'd say just quit, to spend that is atrocious, think of the starving people around the world and you spend that on a 5star character that is not gonna work for a few months and by then something new is already about to drop
  • I cant beleive anyone would support that price for a mobile game character and one that is not even finished, then you also need to gear up four more for the team, jesus I mean really??? Have you all gone mad?

Even if tou have the money, go buy your kids something, something for your parents and if the money is seriously nothing to you then do something nice for a friend!!! Honestly the reason these are the prices is because you pay it, if tou didnt they would have to bring down the cost.

There is absolutely no justification for that type of price, put your ego aside and ask yourself, what is this silly game character doing for me in the long run?
    It's just so you can show off and say " Hey I got Anakin Skywalker " that's really not gonna exite anyone is it, big deal!!!

To be honest if I spent that I would be embarrassed to tell anyone and if you do spend that then I think you should talk to a professional cos that's beyond an addiction.
  • Jubai wrote: »
    I cant beleive anyone would support that price for a mobile game character and one that is not even finished, then you also need to gear up four more for the team, jesus I mean really??? Have you all gone mad?

Even if tou have the money, go buy your kids something, something for your parents and if the money is seriously nothing to you then do something nice for a friend!!! Honestly the reason these are the prices is because you pay it, if tou didnt they would have to bring down the cost.

There is absolutely no justification for that type of price, put your ego aside and ask yourself, what is this silly game character doing for me in the long run?
    It's just so you can show off and say " Hey I got Anakin Skywalker " that's really not gonna exite anyone is it, big deal!!!

To be honest if I spent that I would be embarrassed to tell anyone and if you do spend that then I think you should talk to a professional cos that's beyond an addiction.

Would you say the same to someone who bought a new pair of limited edition shoes? A Movado? A Gucci purse? An expensive bottle of wine?
    People spend a whole lot more than $600 to "show off." Spending money on something you enjoy but don't need doesn't make it an addiction. And there's no need to shame someone for doing so.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Imo it is not necessarily how long he will warm the bench in my roster before going to 7*. I don't mind slowly gearing him up, the delay is allowing me to be very resource efficient. My question is how long after i take him to 7* and subsequently r7 before they bring the event back.

If these epic confrontations only come back every 6-8 months, we'll at least get a good amount of time with ez mode arenas and gac. If by the time we accumulate 68k GET1 the event returns, the effort i spent getting him the first time is almost completely wasted.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Jubai wrote: »
    I cant beleive anyone would support that price for a mobile game character and one that is not even finished, then you also need to gear up four more for the team, jesus I mean really??? Have you all gone mad?

um, it doesn't cost $600. In fact, GAS is free, as are all characters and ships in this game.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Spending money GAS is really not necessary!
    Getting him the second time should be possible for all 2.6 Mio GP Player.

I recently farm Shaak and Eta and will be finished hopefully before the next turn.

Sure maybe have to gear them more but theese are all old chars which should have been done ( 80% of them) already.

If u have to spent 600 bucks i am Very sorry for your version of resource managment game
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »

$100 less than Mobile Gamer though - although arguably he might see that as a business expense.

Yeah, if you're a streamer or youtuber then it's different. Having the character drives traffic. I don't think you'd get $700 worth of revenue off of Anakin, but if you didn't do it and someone else did, you might lose $700 worth of revenue when people go watch the other person's stream. I don't think it'd affect a youtuber, though. You'd just put out some other video for people to watch when they were done with the Anakin one.

The world of streaming and youtube is bonkers when you sit down and look at it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Puddleduck
    30 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    You're the one who said "can only beat scrubs."

Yeah, I cannot beat those guys with the god mods

And there's multiple people on my shard that can. Which is why I said your issue might be your team or your mods.

Do you work for CG or do you live an breath this game open a window heck open the curtains.
    You literally trolling every discussion