Is Sandbagging now the ultimate power in the universe?

2Next

Replies

• leef
    13358 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Going in with 46 or fewer I would say constitutes sandbagging.

Any thought behind that number? Or is it as arbitrary as it sounds?

If guilds can be short a few members or have a few members on vacation, who’s to say they can’t have 4 or more missing?

They can, it just seems less likely is all. I guess it also depends what level your guild is at. Lower GP guilds I can definitely see that happen. I’m in a 240m+ guild so I’m looking at it from that perspective. Not too common to see 4+ people sitting out unless it’s an intentional sandbag.

Is your guild intentionally sandbagging, or did opposing guilds admit to intentionally sandbagging?
    In my experience guilds never admit to intenionally sandbagging, so if your guild isn't intentionally sandbagging i do have to wonder what makes you say that it's uncommon uless it's intentional.
  • ZAP
    749 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    I think you have to be really careful about how you define sandbagging. There are times where guilds have people on vacation or unable to play so a couple people sit out. There are guilds that say you don't have to join TW, but if you do, you must participate. There are times where a guild is down a couple people and they are recruiting and thus have a couple alts in their guild just to get tickets. Those guilds aren't sandbagging when they go in with less than 50. I also don't consider going in with 48 people sandbagging. Going in with 46 or fewer I would say constitutes sandbagging.

Sandbagging is when a guild intentionally joins TW with fewer people with the express intent to get an easier matchup. It's usually not 48 people either. It's usually something like 40-42 people. When that happens, I do agree it's really lame. It's gaming the system for what basically amounts to one more zeta. I honestly don't understand why some guilds do it. There can't be any satisfaction in winning. It would be like going into a race and getting a 5 second head start. Sure, you won, but do you really get any satisfaction knowing you had to cheat to win?

it doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, it has the same effect on matchmaking regardless. You can argue all day about how you define sandbagging, but it's completely irrelevant.

This and only this

• Kyno
    22227 posts Moderator
    Going in with 46 or fewer I would say constitutes sandbagging.

Any thought behind that number? Or is it as arbitrary as it sounds?

If guilds can be short a few members or have a few members on vacation, who’s to say they can’t have 4 or more missing?

They can, it just seems less likely is all. I guess it also depends what level your guild is at. Lower GP guilds I can definitely see that happen. I’m in a 240m+ guild so I’m looking at it from that perspective. Not too common to see 4+ people sitting out unless it’s an intentional sandbag.

So am I, and 4 is probably our average.... so not everyone is in your situation and not everyone that crosses your arbitrary line is doing it intentionally.