Breach

I know RNG and all but my HT puts breach on enemy ship maybe 1 in 20 times; and doesn't really matter what target: tie adv, HT, ahsoka, tie silencer, Biggs...all resist with apparent ease.

My bossk is g12+2 but modded for protection/ tenacity (Chewie event focus) not potency- 37%. Is this the issue? Ship is maxed in all stats, under Thrawn/chimera lead

Replies

• Sarnek0
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi, no how you modded bossk doesn't affect his ship. only the level of the mods and if they are 5 dots or 6 dots
  • They're all 6 dot mods.
    Just RNG then?
  • Potency and tenacity of HT and target enemy ship.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I know RNG and all but my HT puts breach on enemy ship maybe 1 in 20 times; and doesn't really matter what target: tie adv, HT, ahsoka, tie silencer, Biggs...all resist with apparent ease.

... maybe? Well, maybe it actually happens much more often, than you think.
    My bossk is g12+2 but modded for protection/ tenacity (Chewie event focus) not potency- 37%. Is this the issue? Ship is maxed in all stats, under Thrawn/chimera lead

The only crew member Stat that matters is crew power. Their tenacity / potency is irrelevant. However, the actual tenacity/potency of the ships during the battle matters. Be aware of various increase/decrease during the actual battle.

• theatomicpun
    492 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Is your HT going before enemy HT? HT has increased tenacity when not taunting, so if you try to breach enemy HT before it is taunting it will almost always resist.
  • Normally my tie silencer goes first so I stun their HT. Then my HT tries to land breach on their other ship (often tie adv or silencer or ahsoka). I get a bit better rate of breach sticking if I target ghost, but not seeing so many of them now.
  • My HT has 41% potency. Does that compare badly?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Seems like you just might be getting unlucky. My HT has similar potency and its breach usually sticks, and only occasionally resisted (except in Geo TB, where it almost always is). There's a base 15% chance for an enemy ship to resist debuffs, and certain ships can boost tenacity or reduce potency as well (Rex ARC boosts GR tencity by 10%, ghost decreases all enemies' potency by 25%, chimera boosts tenacity by 10% for all allies each time an enemy is defeated).

I'm guessing all ships involved are L85? Difference in ship level also affects potency if your ship is lower than the enemy ship's level.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Yeah, rarely see unmaxed ships
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Just bad luck. With the exception of a not-taunting Hound's Tooth, which has a big tenacity boost, I've never noticed a particularly high resist rate on Breach.

This will be less of an issue when GR/Sep fleets nudge out some of the Falcons and you aren't getting dispelled every four seconds, so your HT will stay taunting for more than one turn even if Breach doesn't stick.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Preach
  • Try to breach Biggs or Fives instead of HT if your HT is faster than the opponent's. Even without the tenacity boost, a HT with g12 zzBossk has far more tenacity than potency (roughly 60 vs 40 percent).