Why the Chewie Bug Should’ve Been Left Alone

Prev1
qw223bvm4yhd.png

I almost did it. I almost defeated the undefeatable meta(s?) with CLS rebels due to a few-day Chewie bug that had him throwing in an extra assist on Han Shot First and other attacks.

I actually would’ve probably gotten #1 the next day but forgot about daylight savings, otherwise right now you’d be reading an epic poem that makes Beowulf look like Dr Seuss.

Here are some reasons the bug should not have been corrected:

1. It’s the equivalent of giving Han Solo his second zeta, which by all accounts he should have, based on all other characters who have two zetas, including Chewbacca.

2. It gives Rebels a chance against the meta, though it doesn’t make them the new meta. Basically, in many of these DR/Malak team fights, you have to realize Han Shot First might be the only move you get to make all battle, which is sad and ridiculous but that’s another story. The bug allowed you to four-shot any Fallen Bastila right from the start, eliminating what I consider your greatest threat in these battles. Any time she gets off her meditation in these fights it’s basically over for you. But if Fallen Bastila was Relic 4 at least (this is with relic 6 Han and Chewie by the way) you wouldn’t be able to take her out and you’d basically immediately lose the battle.

3. CLS Rebels are hard to come by, are made up of strong classic characters and deserve to be in the mix in the top 50.

4. As far as other raids etc., most people who have Relic’d CLS Rebels are already in guilds with your basic heroic raids all on farm, and if it gives a little boost when fighting in the new Geo TB to come so what? All it will do is give you 4/4 on one combat mission each phase.

5. You still can’t beat Relic 7 Grievous and many other squads, and it doesn’t make you better on defense because Rebels are known to be bad at D and better as offense.

Sometimes mistakes give us ideas that make our creations better. This should be the case with the Chewie bug and help even out the playing field slightly for all us true Rebels out there. Please consider reversing it.

Replies

• It would be so easy to abuse. Imagine him and greedo.

CLS should've died a long time ago tbh
  • I got as high as #5 because of the bug. No more though 68q6ldva11t7.png
  • I’ll likely never be that high again. Chewies 4th shot always helped remove Badstilla from Drevan squads on Hans first volley so she could never do her AoE. Made it easy to get the jump on most Drevans.
  • DJayK3
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    In all reality, Chewie SHOULD assist on Hans second shot too.
  • @DJayK3 that is how it should have been made to work...
  • DJayK3
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    What I’m running btw. Can’t wait for what all the R7 ‘additional abilities’ will be for this squad.

mew00wbxkkvh.png
  • DJayK3 wrote: »
    What I’m running btw. Can’t wait for what all the R7 ‘additional abilities’ will be for this squad.

who said they are all getting relic abilities and that they will come at R7?
  • DJayK3 wrote: »

mew00wbxkkvh.png

My SE team will body that
  • qw223bvm4yhd.png

1. It’s the equivalent of giving Han Solo his second zeta, which by all accounts he should have, based on all other characters who have two zetas, including Chewbacca.

This is the main point I wanted to make and I think it’s a good one. Then again, who is the real Leia in this game and what Zetas does she have?
  • Just no. If you can only climb in arena by using a bug, that's due to the decisions you made in the game. CLS had his time in the meta and that's long gone.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I deserve to be able to get to first with IG-86. Devs please make a bug that lets me do it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I deserve to be able to get to first with IG-86. Devs please make a bug that lets me do it.

That's gonna have to be one creative bug sir
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Simple, they accidentally place GAS' kit in IG-86s player model.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Funny how they handle bugs like this. Jawas - We like it, let's keep it. GSpy crazy damage - what bug? Chewie - gotta fix it asap.
  • IG-86: Ignites lightsaber.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Just no. If you can only climb in arena by using a bug, that's due to the decisions you made in the game. CLS had his time in the meta and that's long gone.

Some of us who joined the game later had to take leaps and skip over certain grinds like JKR, DR and Malak. We had to stick to whats best for the guild and new content - a concentrated roster - if we wanted to be in top guilds. I was one of the lowest GP in my guild but the first with 7 star falcon, which led me to dominating Fleet arena and getting daily crystals I needed there. All DR and company do is give you a few more shards from squad arena. They aren’t necessary for your guilds expansion which is what it should be all about. It will always be a good idea to have a strong Falcon in this game, so the motivation toward rebels came from there.

My way was Bounty Hunter mains (what first caught my interest in the game in general) leading to chewbacca and Falcon, leading to Rebels that at least keep you competitive in squad and give you a top tier offensive weapon that can take out any JKR Revan team in TW and much more.

I recommend this shortcut to grinding and getting in an elite guild highly and to not listen to these nerdy sheep who just go along with the herd. It’s ridiculous that Malak and co. have been meta for the better part of the year. It should change at least once a year. Although it can be argued Grievous Relic 7 is pretty meta.

In the end DR and all the KOTOR folks will be like a passing spaceship at dawn, floating onward through the nether while classic stalwarts like Han and Chewie remain relevant and necessary no matter what the game decides to put out there (Jedi Luke?)
  • TVF wrote: »

IG86 at the top of the leaderboard... the good old days

https://youtu.be/_lQjEIs0pY4
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    It would be so easy to abuse. Imagine him and greedo.

You act like C3P0 wasn’t just coming out at the same time as JKR and all this KOTOR crap. In fact, when many like myself were grinding CLS Rebels we saw them as the killer of what was then the JKR meta. If DR didn’t come out with the OP Malak making them twice as strong as the JKR teams, we would’ve been the smart ones for having a meta killer.
  • Sometimes the only way to kill some Malaks is to let DR aoe hit you while Malak is taunting and hope the whole team counterattacks at the same time to take him out. So many times I’ve had 4 vs 1 Malak that’s not even 7 star or fully upgraded at all and lost because you have to take him out in one shot.
  • TVF wrote: »

7* your IG-86 and they might think about it.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

7* your IG-86 and they might think about it.

I see you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Just no. If you can only climb in arena by using a bug, that's due to the decisions you made in the game. CLS had his time in the meta and that's long gone.

Some of us who joined the game later had to take leaps and skip over certain grinds like JKR, DR and Malak. We had to stick to whats best for the guild and new content - a concentrated roster - if we wanted to be in top guilds. I was one of the lowest GP in my guild but the first with 7 star falcon, which led me to dominating Fleet arena and getting daily crystals I needed there. All DR and company do is give you a few more shards from squad arena. They aren’t necessary for your guilds expansion which is what it should be all about. It will always be a good idea to have a strong Falcon in this game, so the motivation toward rebels came from there.

My way was Bounty Hunter mains (what first caught my interest in the game in general) leading to chewbacca and Falcon, leading to Rebels that at least keep you competitive in squad and give you a top tier offensive weapon that can take out any JKR Revan team in TW and much more.

I recommend this shortcut to grinding and getting in an elite guild highly and to not listen to these nerdy sheep who just go along with the herd. It’s ridiculous that Malak and co. have been meta for the better part of the year. It should change at least once a year. Although it can be argued Grievous Relic 7 is pretty meta.

In the end DR and all the KOTOR folks will be like a passing spaceship at dawn, floating onward through the nether while classic stalwarts like Han and Chewie remain relevant and necessary no matter what the game decides to put out there (Jedi Luke?)

You're entitled to your opinion but you forget that we (as players) are all more or less in the same boat. It's all about making decisions, but the key is to adhere to them, make the best of them and move on, instead of complaining because something we would like to be meta doesn't become meta (again) . I also had more interest in ships from the beginning, but that was long before the Falcon came into the game. I geared up pilot characters and used them in squad arena, too. Therefore I ignored CLS at that time, as well as the next metas after him. That way of playing didn't get me high ranks in squad arena, but therefore in fleet arena and that was okay. Good thing for me is that my guild never tried to be a "top guild", we just became stronger over time with everyone doing their best but keeping the fun. However, only when JKR was announced to come to the game, things changed for me - with Old Republic, finally my favourite SW era came into the game, and it was so totally worth to start farming the characters from the first day! It was the first meta which I was able to get before it's meta time would have been over again, then the higher crystal income helped me to keep up better than ever before. You see, tastes are different and things can always change. B)
  • I liked the bug. It is sad that whole battle with DR team is only about speed of Bastila. If she does AoE it is over. Even Malak does not matter at that point.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

You act like C3P0 wasn’t just coming out at the same time as JKR and all this KOTOR crap. In fact, when many like myself were grinding CLS Rebels we saw them as the killer of what was then the JKR meta. If DR didn’t come out with the OP Malak making them twice as strong as the JKR teams, we would’ve been the smart ones for having a meta killer.

C3p0 was clearly meant for ewok squads
  • Ladislav wrote: »
    I liked the bug. It is sad that whole battle with DR team is only about speed of Bastila. If she does AoE it is over. Even Malak does not matter at that point.
    That's not true at all. There are variations with Malak a little faster than Badstila or even Malak faster than DR. People try out different things to make mirror matches work better against even faster teams.
  • Denmach
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    With all due respect, Rebels can and do take first in squad arena after the bug was removed. It was much more difficult with the bug! I use rebels plus thrawn and take first every single day since the fix, and was hurt badly by the extra assist on teams like Padme and also Darth Revan when their DR is faster than your Luke. Under the buggy code, you were completely unable to shoot their Dark Bastila first because your Chewbacca would apply tenacity down no matter what, (under normal circumstances you are evaded due to foresight) granting 15-30 more speed to her (if after Hans second shot he left no trailing expose, but chewie's second did leave a trailing expose and tenacity down) and also making it more difficult for all the other people that hit her to get resists and subsequent turn meter before she moved. Fixing the bug has helped rebels, not hurt us my friend.

It is unfortunate that some players got to experience this bug and felt it was good for the game, but Chewbacca's ability description clearly states that he will only assist each character once per turn. Now we can safely go back to defeating every single squad in the game if we are modded correctly. Thank you CG for fixing the bug.t0oicym7wbxy.jpg
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

C3p0 was clearly meant for ewok squads

Hence why they never tested him with zFinn lead...
    Ladislav wrote: »
    I liked the bug. It is sad that whole battle with DR team is only about speed of Bastila. If she does AoE it is over. Even Malak does not matter at that point.
    That's not true at all. There are variations with Malak a little faster than Badstila or even Malak faster than DR. People try out different things to make mirror matches work better against even faster teams.

I didn't mean mirror matches. I meant CLS vs Darth Revan team. Not everyone 5M+ is in top 50 fighting full relics DR teams.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Vertigo wrote: »

Actually I know a guy with a relic 86 that uses him with GG nuke to take 1st.
    SemiGod wrote: »

Wasn't really necessary. There's a guy in my shard that took first all through the relic SE META using CLS.

CLS, JTR, and both Revans should always have a place in arena due to the difficult nature of the hero's journey's. There needs to be powercreep with new characters for sure, but the level of difficulty to attain said character should be first priority.

Like GAS should be the best character in the game followed by Malak. Then it should be DR, JKR, JTR, CLS, After that we should have WAT, IPD and ROLO. Then we should have Traya, GK, Han, followed by Wampa and HY, then onto the regular legendaries.

DR should be bettter than JKR who should be better than JTR, but CLS should be better than Shaak TI or ****.
    Post edited by Woodroward on