No Zetas in GAC rewards now?

Replies

• Here’s an update from Crumb, and I’m still not sure if it’s intentional or not, some clarification that turned out to beeclp56b8bobg.jpeg
  • Honest question: Do you even care about your playerbase's concerns? Seriously though. Do you, in all honesty, even care at the end of the day? Or is a paycheck a paycheck?
  • Dev’s, yall some useless kinda ignorant apparently. Harder GAC, less rewards, and no way to exit the GAC after joining. You wonder why people are leaving, and you keep doing things this kinda ignorant.
  • Terrible matchmaking and even worse rewards. Not worth the effort, I’ll just place a team on defense and not bother.
  • Seems like it’s intentional since he said they evaluate this mode “regularly”. Removed them on purpose, thanks a lot CG, another fail.
  • Who even needs ship omegas and ship reinforcement mats, or whatever you wanna call them. There has been 0 ship content for so long that I have tons of those, but nothing to spend them on. PLEASE give us zetas. A whole month of GAC without a single zeta is just frustrating.
  • I didn't think the "rewards" could be worse... proven wrong yet again.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Please consider just dropping the inclusion of ships in GAC if their inclusion means that ZERO ZETAS will be rewarded.
  • With all the characters needing zeta's these days, it's super frustrating when they pull them from GAC rewards
    We already receive too little compared to the bigger influx of toons needing them and more of them
  • What an outrageous load of bantha fodder! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves, taking already shoddy rewards and making them even worse? Y’all should dust up those resumes, geek squad is always hiring
  • I agree with the comments, zetas are far more valuable and better incentive for competition.
  • eepikins wrote: »
    Unbelievably embarrassing. Just when you think CG can't get anymore stingy.

To be fair, they moved the bar of "Unbelievably embarassing" to extremely low. Honestly, if this event goes off without any bugs, they'll probably throw themselves a party. You know....because it's already run fine twice before. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Is CG for real?! Ship Omegas instead of Zetas? What's next, CUP shards awarded for the Malak event? Are you kidding me? You gonna remove Zetas from the Fleet Store too?
  • We all knew they said they would revisit the rewards after GAC exhibition ended.

Plenty of people complained about the exhibition level rewards...

We all were just wrong when we thought the exhibition rewards would increase, they revisited it and lowered the rewards.
  • Just add the freaking Zetas as rewards. No one cares to remember that GAs with ships had a different set of rewards! Always reward Zetas for GAC’s. FFS it’s not that difficult of a concept to understand.

Arguing that the rewards should be changed to now include zetas in ship GACs is one thing.....but it's not really reasonable for people to act outraged and bash them for "removing" zetas when it's simply the same rewards that we've previously had for GAs that included ships.
  • Any chance a Dev want to step in a defend their decision to remove Zetas? Care to enlighten us as to why anyone should be happy about this? Seriously CG, what is wrong with you?!
  • Just add the freaking Zetas as rewards. No one cares to remember that GAs with ships had a different set of rewards! Always reward Zetas for GAC’s. FFS it’s not that difficult of a concept to understand.

Arguing that the rewards should be changed to now include zetas in ship GACs is one thing.....but it's not really reasonable for people to act outraged and bash them for "removing" zetas when it's simply the same rewards that we've previously had for GAs that included ships.

Wasn't GA one week only? Now we get no Zetas for a month
  • "we are re-evaluating rewards for this mode regularly and are currently assessing if/what changes we may make to future Grand Arena Championships."

This statement is an arrant lie. Three months of player feedback about how poor the rewards for GAC are and they have not been changed. Oh no, sorry, this is what your assessment concluded; that replacing zetas with ship omegas would be a good idea. Except it was nothing to do with your non-existant assessments, just more lazy coding, copy and paste the old crap. As Slippyfist says above, at least in GA it was only for a week, an entire month is entirely unacceptable. Get it together, CG, at least do the easy things.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    It's probably because they're about to release a lot of ship content. Chances are you have a stock pile of ship omega's so you don't need them right now... but if they do focus on new ships that supply will dwindle quickly and you'll wish you had a lot more.

That said, i think they should include both zetas and ship omega's in every GAC. Currently the rewards for GAC are far too small for the amount of effort required.
  • Can’t wait to see the CG Defense Force swoop in to claim this as a win. They’re awfully quiet so far.
  • TempleCrusaderz
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I think you are ascribing them more proactiveness than they deserve, CosmicJ. I'm pretty sure what happened was that when they included ships again the code says these are the rewards that are given. Will we change it? Don't bother, just push it, I'll do another post about how we're looking into it and then never do anything about it. Prove me wrong, CG, prove me wrong.
  • Benobi
    44 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Me: give me a reason not to participate in GAC
    CG:jml4kwqlm5os.jpg
  • Matti359
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb I have never ever seen a company trying with such passion to kill their game. You guys are doing a brilliant job in this regard.
    I am unhappy with this decision, my guild is unhappy, the community is unhappy. Might be worth discussing this with your team in the morning and come up with a solution before it goes past the point of no return, if you guys want to keep getting paychecks.
    Post edited by Matti359 on