Player Lock? When and how does it work for the 3rd GAC

I just joined the 3rd GAC to see the new layout. I was under the impression from one of the recent posts that the player lock happens when you hit join; but you could back out and re-join within the player lock period.
Now that I am in I can not back out. Am I locked in? I did not finish modding my Charterers. I'm hoping that GAC operates differently then Territory Wars player lock.

Replies

• Nope. There is no leave/unjoin button. Your roster locks the second you hit join. You're stuck with that for this GA, but you'll know for the next round.
  • Reagan wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Nope. There is no leave/unjoin button. Your roster locks the second you hit join. You're stuck with that for this GA, but you'll know for the next round.

Why would they make it any differently from the Territory Wars? Did they say that in a post or just completely botch it. EA can you fix this!?

TW has always had join and leave buttons. There has never been a leave button for GA. For what it's worth I agree, there should be one, but the UI doesn't have one yet. Hope they take all this feedback on board.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Reagan wrote: »
    I wish they clarified that. Before you could upgrade/re mod your roster up to the cutoff. The only thing i picked up off of there post is you would have to leave and re-join. Apparently not possible

Thank you for your feedback. Hopefully it is not the case

Please EA let clarify this point if you could so we know for sure. And if it is locked once you join PLEASE make it so you can back out and re-join

Or simply add a button that allows us to re-snap our rosters. Overwrite the snapshot with a fresh one. Maybe put it on a 2-hour timer or something so people don't spam it for sh**s and giggles.
  • Of course all these changes need to be explained with an ingame message in the client language. There are oodles of players who don't speak a word of English (and don't have to because CG offers a localized client and is happy enough to take their money). These single-language forum announcements are highly unprofessional, for a global MMO with ~80 million accounts. So is this:

jxhzlk5ar5y1.png
  • There is a fairly easy way to solve this problem for them. Create a "lock roster" button that actually just takes a snapshot of your roster. You can still move your mods around but now there is a "Locked" roster snapshot that exists. Any time you click Lock Roster, a new snapshot would be created. Whenever a Player Lock occurs, the system just grabs your most recent snapshot.
    The 24 hour window would just be a reminder to make sure you have your roster locked the way you want.
    Then apparently they need to add a buffer between the end of the lock period and the start of matchmaking so their system timing doesn't conflict between matchmaking and gathering snapshots.
  • Just screwed a whole week of the game with one accidental tap, and a whole month of ranking/rewards.

Fantastic.
  • Just did some upgrades with crystals too and went in to join GAC, is showing I already joined? I did not recall hitting the join button before. Anyone else have same issue?
  • For TW, the leave button is needed because if a guildie realizes he/she won't be able to participate and if they stay joined in the TW, it will only hurt the guild with no benefit to themselves since 0 banners gives you no rewards. There is no downside to joining GA if you're not going to participate. You'll still get something just for joining.

Only reason a leave button would be needed is because of the current bug where a snapshot of your roster is saved at join. Once the fix it, wouldn't be an issue as you have plenty of time to change mods and/or upgrade characters.
  • webprisoner
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Sevynth wrote: »
    There is a fairly easy way to solve this problem for them. Create a "lock roster" button that actually just takes a snapshot of your roster. You can still move your mods around but now there is a "Locked" roster snapshot that exists. Any time you click Lock Roster, a new snapshot would be created. Whenever a Player Lock occurs, the system just grabs your most recent snapshot.
    The 24 hour window would just be a reminder to make sure you have your roster locked the way you want.
    Then apparently they need to add a buffer between the end of the lock period and the start of matchmaking so their system timing doesn't conflict between matchmaking and gathering snapshots.

This would likely produce same issue with post-lock changes. If not more. They'd have to receive and store enormous amounts of snapshots on the servers immediately upon is creation (this might cause additional issues, minimum - it is obligatory to set limitation to the volume of incoming data, basically it is currently done in such a way and limit is 1 snapshot, that is created once player join GAC. storing them locally is not reasonable, and auto snapshots like it was before also didn't work out very well. Player has to do this action manually to ensure its an up to date copy of your roster they receive while device is online. that's a fair solutions we have now, just not well communicated and pinpointed by CG
  • Reagan wrote: »
    Yeah. At least put a warning like when you attack with an undersized squad. "WARNING: Joining GAC will lock your players for the entirety of the round. Are you sure you want to Join?"

that's basically the best thing for them to do, great suggestion
  • Please add unjoin button for GAC CG, I put all my best mods on empire team to do the new assault battle and forgot to remod before joining the 2nd round of GAC.