Maris Brood- Kit

Zombefyer
605 posts Member
edited June 2021
je7iht618cro.png

Affiliation: Dark

Class: Attacker

Faction: Unaligned Force User

Description: Stealthy Attacker that controls the flow of battle by manipulating status effects.

Relic: Lightsaber Tonfas

Attacks and Abilities

Close Range Strike- Basic
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Maris Brood has Stealth, this attack is guaranteed to be a Critical Hit.

Force Control- Special 1
Dispel all debuffs from Maris and all buffs from target enemy, gain Stealth for 1 turn, and inflict Control on target enemy until another enemy is controlled or until Maris is defeated. Control can’t be Copied, dispelled or Resisted. This attack can’t be Evaded.

Control on Characters: All enemies are immune to debuffs from this unit. When this unit attempts to inflict a Debuff on an enemy, they grant the opposite buff, if any, to them instead. All allies can't gain buffs from this character. When this character attempts to grant a buff to an ally, they inflict the opposite Debuff, if any, on them instead.

Control on Raid Bosses: Can’t gain Buffs. Characters damaging this unit recover Health and Protection equal to damage dealt and gain Defence Up for 1 turn.

Rapid Counter Strikes- Special 2
Gain Retribution for 2 turns. Then, deal Physical damage to target enemy twice and Stagger them for 2 turns. When this Stagger expires, the target becomes Vulnerable for 1 turn, which can’t be Evaded or Resisted.

Force Cloak- Unique
Maris can’t be Critically Hit and is immune to Marked. Whenever Maris gains a non-unique, non-stealth buff, she gains Stealth for 1 turn.

Whenever Maris damages an enemy, if she is Stealthed, she deals 100% more damage. Whenever an enemy damages Maris, if they suffer a Debuff, they deal 50% less damage.

Post edited by Zombefyer on

Replies

• Options
    Can you please see this kit?
    No-one had done Maris Brood on the Forum. She's underrated!
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    First of all who is she

She's from 'The Force Unleashed', and was Shaak Ti's apprentice.
  • Options
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Yeah, I have also never heard of her. However, her being able to literally make the matchup 6v4 is too OP. I am also pretty sure she couldn't do it on anyone she wanted (powerful force users etc.) right?
    IMO if this ability started on cooldown and casting it would basically remove for the 4 turn duration would make it a bit more balanced. (a bit)

You should look her up. She's from 'The Force Unleashed'.
  • Options
    I don't like this kit idea that much. I have actually played the force unleashed and there fore know her (thou it's been a few years), so I like the idea of her being in the game. But this kit really isn't that good, both in terms of kit design and character representation.
    First of all: force control is broken. Not only in an "OP" way, but it's also near impossible to execute. How does the enemy become an ally. Where will it be on the field? In the summon position? What if there already is an summon? It's just not possible to do. On top of that, if I remember correctly, Maris controlled animals on that planet by corrupting the planet itself with the dark side. As far as I remember she never was able to control someone directly. So that also makes no sense.
    Another thing is her weapon: A pair of Guard Shoto's (or lightsaber Tonfa's). Guard Shoto's have excellent coverage and allowed for quickly changing between offence and defence, but in return have very poor reach and don't allow for much power to be put into strikes. Maris used stealth to make up for the lack of offence and reach in her weapon. That aspect is kinda covered in her basic (thou not that much really), but the weapons defensive capabilities are reflected nowhere. That just really bothers me.
    I came up with a small concept. It's only her special and unique and isn't done yet, but is a good starting point either way:
    Force Control (Special) (Cooldown: 3 turns)
    Dispel all debuffs from Maris and all buffs from target enemy, gain Stealth for 1 turn, and inflict Control on target enemy until another enemy is controlled or until Maris is defeated. Control can’t be Copied, dispelled or Resisted. This attack can’t be Evaded.
    Control on Characters: All enemies are immune to debuffs from this unit. When this unit attempts to inflict a debuff on an enemy, they grant the opposite buff, if any, to them instead. All allies can't gain buffs from this character. When this character attempts to grant a buff to an ally, they inflict the opposite debuff, if any, on them instead.
    Control on Raid Bosses: Can’t gain Buffs. Characters damaging this unit recover Health and Protection equal to damage dealt and gain Defence Up for 1 turn.
    Force Cloak (Unique) (Zeta)
    Maris can’t be Critically Hit and is immune to Marked. Whenever Maris gains a non-unique, non-stealth buff, she gains Stealth for 1 turn.
    Whenever Maris damages an enemy, if she is Stealthed, she deals 100% more damage. Whenever an enemy damages Maris, if they suffer a debuff, they deal 50% less damage.
    Still thinking about a basic and special that really fit this, but haven't been able to think of anything yet.
  • Options
    I see you used my suggestions. Nice. Glad to see you liked my idea.
    I've been brainstorming for a while on what to do with the rest of the kit. About how to make the abilities synergise with each-other the best. Which resulted in a full it idea. P.s. I did remove the stealth from the Foce Control special, because after reading the full kit I found that one to be both overkill and unnecessary. Either Way, here it is:
    Maris Brood
    Dark Side, Force User, Attacker
    Stealthy Attacker that controls the flow of battle by manipulating status effects.

Close Range Combat (Basic)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Maris is Stealthed, this attack ignores Defence and can’t be Evaded.

Dispel all debuffs from Maris and all buffs from target enemy, and inflict Control on target enemy until another enemy is controlled or until Maris is defeated. Control can’t be Copied, Dispelled or Resisted. This attack can’t be Evaded.
    Control on Characters: All enemies are immune to debuffs from this unit. When this unit attempts to inflict a debuff on an enemy, they grant the opposite buff, if any, to them instead. All allies are immune to buffs from this character. When this character attempts to grant a buff to an ally, they inflict the opposite debuff, if any, on them instead.

Rapid Counter Strikes (Special) (Cooldown: 3 turns)
    Gain Retribution for 2 turns. Then, deal Physical damage to target enemy twice and Stagger them for 2 turns. When this Stagger expires, the target becomes Vulnerable for 1 turn, which can’t be Evaded or Resisted.

Whenever Maris damages an enemy, if she is Stealthed, she deals 100% more damage. Whenever an enemy damages Maris, if they are suffering a debuff, they deal 50% less damage.
    Hope you like this idea. Wouldn't have though of it without yours.
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    I've been brainstorming for a while on what to do with the rest of the kit. About how to make the abilities synergise with each-other the best. Which resulted in a full it idea. P.s. I did remove the stealth from the Foce Control special, because after reading the full kit I found that one to be both overkill and unnecessary. Either Way, here it is:
    Maris Brood
    Stealthy Attacker that controls the flow of battle by manipulating status effects.

Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Maris is Stealthed, this attack ignores Defence and can’t be Evaded.

Dispel all debuffs from Maris and all buffs from target enemy, and inflict Control on target enemy until another enemy is controlled or until Maris is defeated. Control can’t be Copied, Dispelled or Resisted. This attack can’t be Evaded.
    Control on Characters: All enemies are immune to debuffs from this unit. When this unit attempts to inflict a debuff on an enemy, they grant the opposite buff, if any, to them instead. All allies are immune to buffs from this character. When this character attempts to grant a buff to an ally, they inflict the opposite debuff, if any, on them instead.

Whenever Maris damages an enemy, if she is Stealthed, she deals 100% more damage. Whenever an enemy damages Maris, if they are suffering a debuff, they deal 50% less damage.

How about the idea of a faction for characters who aren't Jedi or Sith but use the force (eg. Visas Marr)?
  • Options
    Zombefyer wrote: »
    Maris Brood

How about the idea of a faction for characters who aren't Jedi or Sith but use the force (eg. Visas Marr)?
    That is a pretty good idea. Thou the term force user might br a bit misleading for that. Thou I dont know a better one right now. Also ahsoka (fulcrum) would also fall in that catacory so thats another fairly underused character that could gain a home that way.
  • Options
    Zombefyer wrote: »
    Maris Brood

That is a pretty good idea. Thou the term force user might br a bit misleading for that. Thou I dont know a better one right now. Also ahsoka (fulcrum) would also fall in that catacory so thats another fairly underused character that could gain a home that way.

How about a faction called Jedi Council?