GA Join Disappeared Early

I am not going to be able to participate in this GA because the join button disappeared seconds early.

I know I shouldn't have waited until the last second, but I've spent nearly the past 2 hours trying to get Malak so I'd have him for the GA (because we were told player lock happens on join so I waited). I failed, btw, so I went back and re-modded all my characters so at least I'd be ready for GA with what I had, went to GA (timer on my screen said i had 8 seconds), GA screen took 2 maybe 3 seconds to load but it said no GA available at this time. No way the timer had made it down to 0 by that time.

Again, I know I shouldn't have waited until the last seconds. But (1) if they just had player lock at the start of GA instead of at join I wouldn't have had to wait to join, (2) if they say you have a certain amount of time you should have that exact amount of time not that time minus a few seconds...and (3) if I could've gotten Malak 3 weeks ago this wouldn't have even been a thing.

So now I don't get to participate in GA. So glad I also get to remod for the 3rd time today to go back to trying to get Malak. Time to take a break from this game...gotta figure out why I even still play it.

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    This thread was 7 minutes too late
  • Ultra wrote: »

With all he wrote, that took 7 minutes
  • Ultra wrote: »

Huh?
  • After the join phase ends there is still a 5 minute timer showing up (verifying rosters, presumably). You must have caught the end of that which means you were almost 5 minutes late to join.
  • After the join phase ends there is still a 5 minute timer showing up (verifying rosters, presumably). You must have caught the end of that which means you were almost 5 minutes late to join.

That only shows if you successfully join. I was not 5 minutes late, I have no reason to make up this story it doesn't benefit me anything.
  • DragonCRC wrote: »
    I am not going to be able to participate in this GA because the join button disappeared seconds early.

I know I shouldn't have waited until the last second, but I've spent nearly the past 2 hours trying to get Malak so I'd have him for the GA (because we were told player lock happens on join so I waited). I failed, btw, so I went back and re-modded all my characters so at least I'd be ready for GA with what I had, went to GA (timer on my screen said i had 8 seconds), GA screen took 2 maybe 3 seconds to load but it said no GA available at this time. No way the timer had made it down to 0 by that time.

Again, I know I shouldn't have waited until the last seconds. But (1) if they just had player lock at the start of GA instead of at join I wouldn't have had to wait to join, (2) if they say you have a certain amount of time you should have that exact amount of time not that time minus a few seconds...and (3) if I could've gotten Malak 3 weeks ago this wouldn't have even been a thing.

So now I don't get to participate in GA. So glad I also get to remod for the 3rd time today to go back to trying to get Malak. Time to take a break from this game...gotta figure out why I even still play it.
    You have made some spectacularly bad assumptions and decisions and are lashing out at people who hold the most trivial slice of blame.

The person who deserves the lion's share of the blame here is you. Stop trying to offload it.

Every communication takes a non-zero amount of time. No sync is ever perfect. If your plan can be completely ruined by a moment's lag, your plan's failures are entirely on you. And one unit is not that essential to your participation. So drop the indignation.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    DragonCRC wrote: »

You have made some spectacularly bad assumptions and decisions and are lashing out at people who hold the most trivial slice of blame.

The person who deserves the lion's share of the blame here is you. Stop trying to offload it.

Every communication takes a non-zero amount of time. No sync is ever perfect. If your plan can be completely ruined by a moment's lag, your plan's failures are entirely on you. And one unit is not that essential to your participation. So drop the indignation.

Please enlighten me on my spectacularly bad assumptions.
  • DragonCRC wrote: »
    You assumed perfection. Absolute, impossible perfection, with zero room for delays, lags, or desyncs. You assumed remote communication with the server will take zero time. You assumed your phone was flawlessly time synced to begin with. You allowed absolutely no margin for any technical hiccup, and therefore you failed. Foreseeably.

This is based on your own assumption that the internet is magic rather than machinery. You are not asking for the timer to be more accurate. You are asking CG to lie to you because you do not understand the technology you are working with and refused to take communication into account.
    Still not a he.
  • I'm pretty sure OP said he admitted that he shouldn't have waited to the last minute.. Or do y'all just not know how to read that part? Haha. Just quit haters.
  • xPat3678x wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure OP said he admitted that he shouldn't have waited to the last minute.. Or do y'all just not know how to read that part? Haha. Just quit haters.
    ...and then proceeds to put others on blast for the natural consequences of their own poor decision making.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You assumed perfection. Absolute, impossible perfection, with zero room for delays, lags, or desyncs. You assumed remote communication with the server will take zero time. You assumed your phone was flawlessly time synced to begin with. You allowed absolutely no margin for any technical hiccup, and therefore you failed. Foreseeably.

This is based on your own assumption that the internet is magic rather than machinery. You are not asking for the timer to be more accurate. You are asking CG to lie to you because you do not understand the technology you are working with and refused to take communication into account.

You make some valid points. Poorly, and unnecessarily rudely...but as you'll see in my limited comment history I respect people's opinions and acknowledge when they are correct.

You'll note I admitted I waited too long. You're right I should allow more time to account for lag. Lesson learned.

In the meantime my frustration is valid, especially over the entire unneccessary situation these past few weeks. I want this game to be better, I'm not just a troll.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

You make some valid points. Poorly, and unnecessarily rudely...but as you'll see in my limited comment history I respect people's opinions and acknowledge when they are correct.

You'll note I admitted I waited too long. You're right I should allow more time to account for lag. Lesson learned.

In the meantime my frustration is valid, especially over the entire unneccessary situation these past few weeks. I want this game to be better, I'm not just a troll.

It sucks, for sure. But playing the "if only"game will only frustrate you more.

Just look at the bright side: you aren't missing out on any zeta mats this time :wink:

And good luck getting Malak.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

It sucks, for sure. But playing the "if only"game will only frustrate you more.

Just look at the bright side: you aren't missing out on any zeta mats this time :wink:

And good luck getting Malak.

Haha, honestly that's the only reason I'm not more mad. Though no way of making Kyber this month (but I likely wasn't going to make that anyhow). I've vented, I'm good.
  • Alright folks let's cool it a little bit and leave it out with the passive aggressive remarks to the OP. There's really no need for it. Keep this on topic.