Phoenix squadron is overpowered?

AlmirantAleval95
8 posts Member
edited November 2019
It's ridiculous how strong they are. Every time I have to fight against them in galactic war is just the end of the road, they just kill all my characters. I just attacked them again and again and they never die. They just heal with every attack. Is frustrating! I only can win against them if the enemy squadron have lower levels that my characters... really I starting to hate them.
Post edited by AlmirantAleval95 on

Replies

• Oh, my sweet summer child, you are in for a ride.

Phoenix squad is a fairly average defensive squad which becomes available very early.

The issue is not that Phoenix is overpowered. It's that you haven't developed the roster or personal skills to deal with a team that is merely okay.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    They are not OP.

If you are having difficulty, you would be better off asking for advice. Start with posting a .gg account.

Complaining on forums rarely yields helpful results. Especially when you're wrong.
  • I have Tarkin with 5* and equip lv 6 with the abilities in lv 4
    The magma trooper with 5* and equip lv 6 with the abilities in levels 5 and 4
    The stormtrooper with 4* and equip lv 6 with the attack ability in lv 5
    Gar Saxon with 4* and equip lv 4 with attacks in lv 5 and 4
    The range trooper with 3* and equip lv4 with the abilities en lv 4
    And the imperial super commando and the tie pilot similarly made.

And with that characters, that are my best, I can kill the Phoenix squadron but I can eliminate others that have technically "more power" -_-
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    They are not OP.

If you are having difficulty, you would be better off asking for advice. Start with posting a .gg account.

Complaining on forums rarely yields helpful results. Especially when you're wrong.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    They are not OP.

Start with posting a .gg account.

What's a .gg?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    They are not OP.

Start with posting a .gg account.

What's a .gg?

Sync your account with swgoh.gg

Then you can post it here and others can see your roster and offer advice.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I have Tarkin with 5* and equip lv 6 with the abilities in lv 4
    The magma trooper with 5* and equip lv 6 with the abilities in levels 5 and 4
    The stormtrooper with 4* and equip lv 6 with the attack ability in lv 5
    Gar Saxon with 4* and equip lv 4 with attacks in lv 5 and 4
    The range trooper with 3* and equip lv4 with the abilities en lv 4
    And the imperial super commando and the tie pilot similarly made.

And with that characters, that are my best, I can kill the Phoenix squadron but I can eliminate others that have technically "more power" -_-

What you are experiencing is the synergy of certain squads. This takes precedence over GP (which is a very useless number in most cases).

You have to learn each toon/squad capabilities and strengths/weaknesses to become efficient.

Also, are you familiar with preloading TM? That's a huge advantage in GW.
  • AlmirantAleval95
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    What you are experiencing is the synergy of certain squads. This takes precedence over GP (which is a very useless number in most cases).

You have to learn each toon/squad capabilities and strengths/weaknesses to become efficient.

I understand that of the synergy, I tried to agrup my imperial characters in the best way but I suppose that they are not really useful without characters like Vader or the emperor...

And the preloading... not really. Is that the preload squadrons?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

I understand that of the synergy, I tried to agrup my imperial characters in the best way but I suppose that they are not really useful without characters like Vader or the emperor...

And the preloading... not really. Is that the preload squadrons?

Turn meter preload. Your toons will carry over their TM from one battle to the next.

The idea is to use a good squad in an early easy battle, and finish it so that they all have high TM and their specials on cooldown.

Then you do the rest of the battles with other squads. When you get to a really hard node, you put in that squad with loaded TM so that you get the advantage of everyone going first.

You can potentially do this with 2 or 3 squads on the first 3 nodes.
  • You are really gonna hate GW when you start getting Bastila Shan teams to contend with. On my alt, facing those teams easily set me back at least 25 days of GWs. Granted, I was trying to take them out with Jawas, but still.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • You are really gonna hate GW when you start getting Bastila Shan teams to contend with. On my alt, facing those teams easily set me back at least 25 days of GWs. Granted, I was trying to take them out with Jawas, but still.

Bastila is a nightmare when is jedi or sith team but I win several times. My problem with the Phoenix is their capacity to recharge their life with every attack for the ability of Kanan. For example I attack shopper and make 1400 of damage but he recovers 2300 of life for the same attack.

Bastila is a nightmare when is jedi or sith team but I win several times. My problem with the Phoenix is their capacity to recharge their life with every attack for the ability of Kanan. For example I attack shopper and make 1400 of damage but he recovers 2300 of life for the same attack.