Dark side g13

FenrirsFirstborn
268 posts Member
edited November 2019
Just got jka to g13 as my first. Looking to do a ds toon next for balance but not sure who. The obvious choices are all a bit complicated...

I don't have DR (and am nowhere near..no carth, canderous, juhani) and so no malek either.
I have G11 GG but no droids to build a squad (though have other seps: Dooku, nute, AV, Jango)

I have a few other geared ds toons:
Palps, zader, zzthrawn, zBossk, boba, Kru, kr

So, opinions please on who to g13 first:
GG (with non-droid seps)
Zader
Thrawn
Dooku
A bounty hunter (bossk, or a fett)
Palps
Kru
Kr

Replies

• First point, it's nice to have some symmetry but I assume you are running Jedi or Galactic Replublic with your Ani in arena so for me I'd prefer to do GMY (if you run jedi) or General Kenobi (if you run padme) or 5s (if you run clones) with JKA.

If you want to do a dark side character though GG is probably still the best bet even with weak seps as having them die around a strong GG is still dangerous in GA/TW defense and it might give you the motivation to build some droids around him as an offensive DR counter.

For the others you mentioned. Only do Thrawn or Vader if you have a specific use in mind that would benefit from an extra 12 speed (10 from the finisher piece and 2 from the speed set bonus).

Dooku is a bit of a (hidden?) gem for g13 as with relics he gains a lot of damage so not a bad choice but also not a pressing priority.

Bossk would make more sense to me than boba, more speed and tankyness on him is useful in squads and his ship gains a lot too.

KRU, Palp and KR all do their job okay at g12 although a g13 KRU at least stops ewok and CLS teams beating your first order.

Having said that, I think thrawn and KRU were both in my first 3 or 4 g13s as I really like them and they are both fun to have.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    You really don't need Separatists with a g13 GG, any old bot or two will do. If you have him at 7* then I'd take him to g13 ASAP. He'll take out entire teams in GA by his lonesome.

Edit: Also I can confirm that Dooku is pretty worthwhile at g13, and way underrated. Mine i r7 and a complete beast, it's almost a bit ridiculous that so few people use him.
  • Just got jka to g13 as my first. Looking to do a ds toon next for balance but not sure who. The obvious choices are all a bit complicated...

I don't have DR (and am nowhere near..no carth, canderous, juhani) and so no malek either.
    I have G11 GG but no droids to build a squad (though have other seps: Dooku, nute, AV, Jango)

I have a few other geared ds toons:
    Palps, zader, zzthrawn, zBossk, boba, Kru, kr

So, opinions please on who to g13 first:
    GG (with non-droid seps)
    Zader
    Thrawn
    Dooku
    A bounty hunter (bossk, or a fett)
    Palps
    Kru
    Kr

If you do Bossk and Boba, that is a really good combination.
  • Personally I did my arena team... All of them.
    Irrespective of light or dark.

Crystals will help with getting more gear/farming quicker