IG 100 Magna guard rework into a summon.

Magnaguard can be very brittle regardless of Gear level and mods, as a result it tends to be the first to die in the majority of battles.

it seems that with the Summon mechanic going to be used more in the future then Magna guard would be better suited to being removed from the character roster and reworked into General Grievous as his own summon since they was used a his personal guard.

Replies

  • Boatload
    21 posts Member
    edited November 9
    I disagree with every point. MagnaGuard is tanky and is useful without Grievous. Just because the mechanic is going to be used in the future doesn't mean we should get rid of characters and turn them into summons. It sounds like you just don't want to gear MagnaGuard?
  • Boatload wrote: »
    I disagree with every point. MagnaGuard is tanky and is useful without Grievous. Just because the mechanic is going to be used in the future doesn't mean we should get rid of characters and turn them into summons. It sounds like you just don't want to gear MagnaGuard?

    Geez, calm down.. I can absolutely see the point of making it a summon but i'd like to see it to stay as a character too. Why not both? Keep the character and make a second Magna Guard as summon with the same stats the first have if Grievous is present.
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • Laz
    148 posts Member
    Boatload wrote: »
    I disagree with every point. MagnaGuard is tanky and is useful without Grievous. Just because the mechanic is going to be used in the future doesn't mean we should get rid of characters and turn them into summons. It sounds like you just don't want to gear MagnaGuard?

    How are you modding him to be tanky? I find that mine is always the first to go.

  • He isn't meant to be awesome. He is meant to be synergistic in a droid, Sep, or GG team.

    Remember all those battles where Magnaguards got ripped in half?

  • Laz wrote: »
    Boatload wrote: »
    I disagree with every point. MagnaGuard is tanky and is useful without Grievous. Just because the mechanic is going to be used in the future doesn't mean we should get rid of characters and turn them into summons. It sounds like you just don't want to gear MagnaGuard?

    How are you modding him to be tanky? I find that mine is always the first to go.

    Health sets with crit avoidance arrow and protection circle, cross and triangle. It may die first, but it's a pretaunting tank under GG. Why would you want others dieing first? You can/should be healing it with a fast B1 before it drops.
  • The entire point of a taunt tank is to take all the damage. If you are going to lose a character it is supposed to be your tank first. That is by design. He’s a meat shield... or a metallic equivalent. In PvP with elite teams he WILL likely die.

    However, he is incredibly beefy at g13 with relics. And B1 is one of the most potent protection regeneration characters in the game. Against lesser PvP teams and in most PvE battles (except the last phase of TB) a separatist droid team usually mows through enemies with no losses.
  • CCyrilS
    3536 posts Member
    Laz wrote: »
    Boatload wrote: »
    I disagree with every point. MagnaGuard is tanky and is useful without Grievous. Just because the mechanic is going to be used in the future doesn't mean we should get rid of characters and turn them into summons. It sounds like you just don't want to gear MagnaGuard?

    How are you modding him to be tanky? I find that mine is always the first to go.

    Arent tanks supposed to be the first to die?
  • Laz wrote: »
    Boatload wrote: »
    I disagree with every point. MagnaGuard is tanky and is useful without Grievous. Just because the mechanic is going to be used in the future doesn't mean we should get rid of characters and turn them into summons. It sounds like you just don't want to gear MagnaGuard?

    How are you modding him to be tanky? I find that mine is always the first to go.

    If he’s g13 and relic’d he won’t die easily regardless of god mods or not
  • Plus he’s needed for GAS so keep dreaming and just gear him up
  • TVF
    17351 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Boatload wrote: »
    I disagree with every point. MagnaGuard is tanky and is useful without Grievous. Just because the mechanic is going to be used in the future doesn't mean we should get rid of characters and turn them into summons. It sounds like you just don't want to gear MagnaGuard?

    Geez, calm down.. I can absolutely see the point of making it a summon but i'd like to see it to stay as a character too. Why not both? Keep the character and make a second Magna Guard as summon with the same stats the first have if Grievous is present.

    Disagreement /= Hysterical
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.