Grand Arena matchmaking is worse than ever

You guys seriously need to reevaluate how much weight is given to relics in GAC matchmaking. Look at this utterly ridiculous matchup:

lj19dcrxt8t3.png

Note that the GP is not entirely accurate because the Discord bot seems to have a problem with relics too. But 27 (!!!) more g12 toons and 18 more g11? Almost twice as many zetas? Just because I have 5 more g13? How is this even remotely fair?

I seriously feel like you're punishing newer players for spending money on relics. The matchmaking in the recent squad GAC was awful enough. Every single one of my opponents had been playing much longer than myself judging from their considerably higher number of zetas. But this is a whole new level of unfairness. Why in the world would you want to disadvantage players who try to get ahead or at least keep up by dropping money on your game?

This feels especially demoralizing since you're also punishing those of us who enjoy the fleet aspect of this game that you continue to treat like a redheaded stepchild. Spending bottlenecked gear on characters like Bistan's or Cassian's ship crew already puts us at a disadvantage in squad GAC. Then you finally give us a fleet GAC and the rewards are utterly pitiful. To top things off, you allow those who have neglected ships to hide their weak fleets behind several meta squads.

The skewed matchmaking is just the cherry on the $#§% sandwich. You keep saying you want to do more for us fleet aficionados, but as with all your promises (like easing the gear crunch), you keep doing the exact opposite. Please take another look at the matchmaking formula for fleet GAC as well as the territory layout for this GAC mode and the uneven amount of banners for clearing the fleet territory. I've been so looking forward to the return of fleet GA, but you've managed to turn this mode into another punishing chore.

Replies

  • Liath
    5015 posts Member
    Your opponent is probably complaining that he has to face somebody with twice as many g13s. In reality none of those stats is sufficient to determine whether one of you has an unfair advantage or not.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Your opponent is probably complaining that he has to face somebody with twice as many g13s. In reality none of those stats is sufficient to determine whether one of you has an unfair advantage or not.

    5 toons = 1 team. His additional g12 toons = almost 6 teams. It's not exactly rocket science. Thanks for bumping my feedback for the devs though.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Your opponent is probably complaining that he has to face somebody with twice as many g13s. In reality none of those stats is sufficient to determine whether one of you has an unfair advantage or not.

    5 toons = 1 team. His additional g12 toons = almost 6 teams. It's not exactly rocket science. Thanks for bumping my feedback for the devs though.

    solid display of basic math skills, unfortunately it doesn't adress anything that was said in the comment you quoted.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Your opponent is probably complaining that he has to face somebody with twice as many g13s. In reality none of those stats is sufficient to determine whether one of you has an unfair advantage or not.

    5 toons = 1 team. His additional g12 toons = almost 6 teams. It's not exactly rocket science. Thanks for bumping my feedback for the devs though.

    solid display of basic math skills, unfortunately it doesn't adress anything that was said in the comment you quoted.

    I can use my one additional g13 team on exactly one of those 6 additional teams, or 9 additional teams if we add his g11 advantage to the equation. Maybe on two if I split it and go it undersized. And let's not forget his considerable zeta advantage. But thanks for helping to keep this thread visible.
  • You made the choice to bloat your roster with relic'd toons and you chose how to allocate all of that power.
  • My current opponent has literally twice as many g12s as me - 36 vs 18 - but less g13s - 1 vs 4 - and this is the result..
    dqd4jgcffzug.png
    I never bother to look at the stats from a bot because they don't tell me what I want to know which is squads and mods.
  • Yes please do more to make better matchs.
  • Liath
    5015 posts Member
    Yeah.... it’s not like you made these decisions back before GAC even existed or something. The effect of relics on GP was known and the effect of the GP of your top characters on matchmaking was known so I’m also not sure what you expected to happen here.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Yeah.... it’s not like you made these decisions back before GAC even existed or something. The effect of relics on GP was known and the effect of the GP of your top characters on matchmaking was known so I’m also not sure what you expected to happen here.

    Ah, yes. So because relics increased my GP by roughly 200k, I deserve an opponent with a GP 300k above mine. Who also has relics. But that's totally fair and I would have known that if only I had consulted my crystal ball, which means it's all my fault ◔_◔

    i687sxrkj7mi.png

    Now go ahead, Rath, press that Flag button again or bring in the next alt.
  • TVF
    22357 posts Member
    Matchmaking is not based on total GP so your complaint about 300k more GP is irrelevant.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5015 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Yeah.... it’s not like you made these decisions back before GAC even existed or something. The effect of relics on GP was known and the effect of the GP of your top characters on matchmaking was known so I’m also not sure what you expected to happen here.

    Ah, yes. So because relics increased my GP by roughly 200k, I deserve an opponent with a GP 300k above mine. Who also has relics. But that's totally fair and I would have known that if only I had consulted my crystal ball, which means it's all my fault ◔_◔

    i687sxrkj7mi.png

    Now go ahead, Rath, press that Flag button again or bring in the next alt.

    Those are completely unrelated. You could have been matched with somebody with 300k more GP before relics too, and if that GP is fluff at the bottom of his roster that doesn’t affect matchmaking it probably has no impact on the match.

    Your argument was you had no idea what impact putting on relics would have on matchmaking and therefore you have no responsibility for your decision. That argument makes no sense since the impact was extremely easy to predict.
  • Ah, yes. So because relics increased my GP by roughly 200k, I deserve an opponent with a GP 300k above mine. Who also has relics. But that's totally fair and I would have known that if only I had consulted my crystal ball, which means it's all my fault ◔_◔

    Your opponent's relic levels are: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1
    Your relic levels are: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 4, 4.
  • Rath_Tarr
    3048 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Your roster is clearly pimped out for squad & fleet arena but ludicrously unbalanced for Grand Arena.
    [removed]

    Your opponent's roster much better balanced for Grand Arena.
    [removed]

    Edit: I deleted the links and recommend not visiting swgoh.gg again any time soon because that ad-infested site just attempted to get me download an ad-supported supposedly anti-malware app from the Google Play store. Hell no!
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • That’s the problem with these bot summaries. When a dozen different stats are compared, people will always focus on the ones that fit their narrative.

    I haven’t looked at which 10 toons OP has taken to g13, but he is insinuating that the extra 5 can only be used in one team. Maybe that’s true, but when I look at my g13 toons I tend to find 2 or 3 in a number of different squads. So having 5 more than my opponent usually means I have 2 teams that present an additional challenge for him to beat or an easier task for me to win with on offence.

    But as @Rath_Tarr says, I haven’t looked at one of those bot posts in anything but the first ever GAC. I look at opponent inventory and check out their squads and mods. That way I only check what matters.
  • If you took a look at the first roster link I posted @DarjeloSalas you would see immediately what his problem is. It's glaringly obvious.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If you took a look at the first roster link I posted @DarjeloSalas you would see immediately what his problem is. It's glaringly obvious.

    It's awfully top-heavy.

    I'd probably go really weak defense and try for better clears with the few really good squads he has.
  • Waqui
    7132 posts Member
    Yes, it's very top-heavy, but for his division it's actually not that terrible. He's not setting 7 defensive teams like the top divisions. With a bit of strategy, he should be able to win some rounds (depending on his mods. I only checked gear/teams).

    No, his problems are not due to matchmaking. It's the usual roster / strategy / execution scenario.
  • Yes GAC matchs suck please do better.
  • Waqui
    7132 posts Member
    delisleba wrote: »
    Yes GAC matchs suck please do better.

    Alternatively you yourself could try to do better. If you need help, you could post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg in a separate discussion and ask for help.
Sign In or Register to comment.