Still worth to start farming FOST?

nurm
107 posts Member
Hi, for BB8 I used KR,KRU,FOO,FOX and Phasma. I also have soon FOTP at 7 stars, but did not start until now with the FOST.
I know he improves the FO team but he is also hard to get. As now FO gets more attention, do you still think to farm him or should I wait for the next FO character they bring into the game?
Or is it already to late for farming the storm trooper?

Replies

• Too late in regards to what? It’s never too late to farm anything, really. I just started farming FOX A couple weeks ago and I’m at 3.7mil gp so...
  • If you don’t have him I’d farm his shards at least. He’s a fairly decent tank in his own right. For a while there were content creators who were throwing him into any random theory crafted team.

Additionally, we have 8 FO characters right now. If we get a couple more then we’ll have enough for 2 FO teams. Even if we get more than 2 FO characters and someone needs to ride the bench, both teams will still need tanks. KRU is the better taunt, but a counter attacking, self cleansing, buff dispelling, turn meter granting, assist calling taunt like FOST isn’t a bad second choice.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Too late in regards to what? It’s never too late to farm anything, really. I just started farming FOX A couple weeks ago and I’m at 3.7mil gp so...

Sure, you are right and I already thought about start farming him. My problem is more about optimizing the resources and my question was not precise enough. I currently use my hard node energy to get the last star of Xanadu and ig2000. Juhani should be finished the next days so I have a new slot free. If one or more new FO characters come and they put them at hard nodes, I will then either stop the ship farms or the FOST because normally new characters are stronger than older one.
  • nurm wrote: »
    Too late in regards to what? It’s never too late to farm anything, really. I just started farming FOX A couple weeks ago and I’m at 3.7mil gp so...

Sure, you are right and I already thought about start farming him. My problem is more about optimizing the resources and my question was not precise enough. I currently use my hard node energy to get the last star of Xanadu and ig2000. Juhani should be finished the next days so I have a new slot free. If one or more new FO characters come and they put them at hard nodes, I will then either stop the ship farms or the FOST because normally new characters are stronger than older one.

If we get new FO characters they will become farmable just around the time you will finish any curent farm you are running right now :)
  • Just farm him you have 2 nodes for him and for me the drop rate was really good
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It's highly probable we'll get a FO rework along with new FO toons. It's hard to know what will make up the new best FO team. So similar to others I would say at least get the shards...or wait until the scene changes and then farm them. My fost is still g9 and only non g12 toon in the team.
  • Yes. Even if the new movie were not coming soon, he's still an excellent addition to the team, whereas the TIE pilots don't really bring a lot to the table.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• nurm
    107 posts Member
    Thanks for all replies. I will go for him.
  • He's one of the best tool for FO : TM giver, tank, dispell, assist and auto-cleanse
    With FOO in the team he can use his Taunt/25% TM to all every other turn
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    It all depends on your priorities. Me personally? FOST is very low on that list of priorities for three main reasons.

-FO has never really been good

-The existing characters are very unlikely to see reworks or buffs, BUT:

-They should have at least one new character coming out (probably a leader) that will make the original First Order team look like a squad of blue gear Jawas
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2019

Hard disagree. They're not arena material, no, but they're a very solid team if you actually gear and mod them properly.

They get written off for the same reason Veteran Han and Chewie do. Most people get them to g9 or so in order to get the character they're required for (BB8 and JTR, respectively), then stop. And then for some reason forget that the characters are incomplete and just call them "bad."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It all depends on your priorities. Me personally? FOST is very low on that list of priorities for three main reasons.

-The existing characters are very unlikely to see reworks or buffs, BUT:

-They should have at least one new character coming out (probably a leader) that will make the original First Order team look like a squad of blue gear Jawas

On the contrary we've always seen some variety of rework/touchup when faction teams got expanded. I would call the reverse of it unlikely.

• -FO has never really been good

Wow totally wrong there FO are an amazingly strong squad if modded correctly especially when the kylo’s and fox are relic’d
  • nurm wrote: »
    Hi, for BB8 I used KR,KRU,FOO,FOX and Phasma. I also have soon FOTP at 7 stars, but did not start until now with the FOST.
    I know he improves the FO team but he is also hard to get. As now FO gets more attention, do you still think to farm him or should I wait for the next FO character they bring into the game?
    Or is it already to late for farming the storm trooper?
    Difficult choice. Since g13 arrived the risk of falling behind your peers is higher than it’s ever been. And farming a toon just for the sake of having it in your roster must seem totally pointless.

My personal take on it is “farm everything”. The devs are masters at analysing which characters have been ignored by many and suddenly giving them their time in the sun. Even the likes of Eeth Koth and Kit Fisto are likely to become the latest must-have at some point.

But then, I’m giving that advice from the position of having no toons left to “farm” at all, so maybe it isn’t worth listening to.

• -FO has never really been good

I'll be the 4th, they are in fact very solid and should see more use in the coming future. I have the Kylos and FOX at g12 and they're great. I have neglected FOST and in place I have Phasma and FOO at g11(used to run FOSFTFP before FOX). I do want/need FOST to maximize their defensive potential (a guildmate consistently got defenses with FO in TW and his GACs), but they are a good group for offense as I run it.
  • 2bv5dqvke7y9.png

I’ve been running these a lot on offence lately and am currently 86/100 on FOST definitely gonna put him in FOTP’s place once hes finished
  • Hey, it all depends on what you want to define as “good”, but I wouldn’t put them in that category if they aren’t at least at the top of B tier. Other B tier teams like bounty hunters and JTR can body them, so I’d say they’re not much better than average.

That said, farm who you want. I personally think it’s unlikely that FOST will give you a competitive advantage in the future, but I’ve been wrong before.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Hey, it all depends on what you want to define as “good”, but I wouldn’t put them in that category if they aren’t at least at the top of B tier. Other B tier teams like bounty hunters and JTR can body them, so I’d say they’re not much better than average.

That said, farm who you want. I personally think it’s unlikely that FOST will give you a competitive advantage in the future, but I’ve been wrong before.

They counter BH, JTR can beat them easy ya, but not sure where the BH aspect comes from. If my opponent drops a 80-95k BH team I wipe them with my FO or CLS, depending on what else is out there. Maybe BH specifically tuned for them can work, but I don't really have a problem wiping BH with my FO