Yay, another 15 Skywalker shards!

See you all in two weeks for another 15 !

Replies

• What are you talking about ? GAS event is back in 2 weeks?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    What are you talking about ? GAS event is back in 2 weeks?
    TB just ended and an average guild doing Geo TB gets enough GET1 to purchase 15 shards of Gen Sky
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I'll have a 6* by month end! Then sometime in 2020 I'll have my 7*!

You should be good by Feb
  • Kinda the point, really.
  • Nah, hoarding till december to see if something else (even more op) gonna need them.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Nah, hoarding till december to see if something else (even more op) gonna need them.

By that time, you'll need a master card on file and one soul to trade in for the new shiny
  • If the goal is to make you feel no joy or sense of accomplishment at all when completing the even then they nailed it. Great work team.

I think the next end game character should require 30 maxed characters and 2 fleets to unlock, but when you beat the event you’ll get a voucher that allows you to unlock a single 20 energy hard node where you can start farming them after a 1 year waiting period.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    If the goal is to make you feel no joy or sense of accomplishment at all when completing the even then they nailed it. Great work team.

I think the next end game character should require 30 maxed characters and 2 fleets to unlock, but when you beat the event you’ll get a voucher that allows you to unlock a single 20 energy hard node where you can start farming them after a 1 year waiting period.

What a wonderful idea. Let’s also make it a 3* unlock for GET2 currency.
  • I really enjoy the way they released GS and CG gave the community no reason to believe it'd be released differently.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    See I think its ironic it's considered end game content, because honestly anyone can buy everything needed to qualify for GS, heck even folks that free load off of guilds can qualify after long enough. True end game content should be something achievable by actually playing the game, not buying content.

Similar to how vader was released before where you had to actually ACHIEVE something to get his shards. These should all be achievements you have to earn, and not buy. I.E; win this many arena matches, log in this many days, spend this much GUILD, GET, CHAMP Store currency, etc. Also you could add achievements that are event based, so you have to complete all legendary, epic confrontation, hero journey type events in order to get shards. But you have to actually complete all achievements to unlock the character at 7*, no unlocking it at 5* like we have been seeing.
  • taw7j7xdyn8z.jpg
  • StarSon wrote: »
    taw7j7xdyn8z.jpg

G$ or GSky.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Kinda the point, really.

If the point was to encourage people to hoard GET currencies going forward (and never spend on gear) and to discourage spending money on events unless you have the GET hoarded to take a character to 7, then yes it was the point.
  • SoylentGreen
    84 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I wonder what you‘re complaining about...
    My GAS is 7*,G13,R7 - and a beast in arena.
    God Mode essentially.

And I‘m not a whale. Far from it.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Puffft who spends tokens on GAS.
    Just wait till the event reruns and get your next 150 shards like the rest of us.
  • Charlo999 wrote: »
    Puffft who spends tokens on GAS.
    Just wait till the event reruns and get your next 150 shards like the rest of us.

Good one :smiley:
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    I wonder what you‘re complaining about... My GAS is 7*,G13,R7 - and a beast in arena.
    God Mode essentially.

Congratulations. I’m of the opinion that if you worked hard/planned ahead/spent money on all of the characters needed to unlock him, and you farmed/bought all the gear/relics he needed, then that should be enough. Doing all that and then being rewarded with a 5 month farm sucks. Also having to never spend any of a specific type of currency every again to hoard it for twice yearly events also sucks.

I’m in favor of brutal event requirements to encourage spending. I’m totally fine with adding characters to the GET store to compete with gear for how you spend GET. I just hate Malak and G$ events adding a farm/hoard requirement instead of giving people what they worked/paid for already. It’s not fun.
    StarSon wrote: »
    taw7j7xdyn8z.jpg

G$ or GSky.

Skyguy?

I wonder what you‘re complaining about... My GAS is 7*,G13,R7 - and a beast in arena.
    God Mode essentially.

Congratulations. I’m of the opinion that if you worked hard/planned ahead/spent money on all of the characters needed to unlock him, and you farmed/bought all the gear/relics he needed, then that should be enough. Doing all that and then being rewarded with a 5 month farm sucks. Also having to never spend any of a specific type of currency every again to hoard it for twice yearly events also sucks.

I’m in favor of brutal event requirements to encourage spending. I’m totally fine with adding characters to the GET store to compete with gear for how you spend GET. I just hate Malak and G$ events adding a farm/hoard requirement instead of giving people what they worked/paid for already. It’s not fun.

They are not working on another EC apparently, but I almost wish they would. If they gave us another right away no one would have bank. That’s how you alleviate hoarding- give us stuff to spend on. Then there is a big oppportunity cost to hoarding at least- not having the existing characters. A lot of “hoarders” didn’t have anything to buy.
  • I always get things second time around (except Falcon because I don't care about ships). Since GAS was released I tagged all the required toons, and have been gearing them, and hoarding GET/crystals (which makes the gearing part quite tedious).

It's made the game feel incredibly stale, and I'm still not even sure if I'll be able to get everything ready in time.

If I don't get him I'll probably cut my losses and move on, but even if I do get him the game is on a path that I'm not too keen on walking much longer regardless.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    God Mode essentially.

They are not working on another EC apparently, but I almost wish they would. If they gave us another right away no one would have bank. That’s how you alleviate hoarding- give us stuff to spend on. Then there is a big oppportunity cost to hoarding at least- not having the existing characters. A lot of “hoarders” didn’t have anything to buy.

If they stopped dropping events on us that give out half a prize, then require almost 70,000 currency to get the other half that would also stop hoarding. The ONLY reason to hoard THAT much is this type of event, or a disorder of some type.

As someone who just got him to 7*/relic 7 today I will say that if they gifted all of us that unlocked him enough GET to 7* him, then promised he’d be a 7* unlock for everyone in the future as well, I’d be perfectly happy.

I would rather lose my period of exclusivity if I got back some of the guild, and shard mates who have quit lately.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    See I think its ironic it's considered end game content, because honestly anyone can buy everything needed to qualify for GS, heck even folks that free load off of guilds can qualify after long enough. True end game content should be something achievable by actually playing the game, not buying content.

Similar to how vader was released before where you had to actually ACHIEVE something to get his shards. These should all be achievements you have to earn, and not buy. I.E; win this many arena matches, log in this many days, spend this much GUILD, GET, CHAMP Store currency, etc. Also you could add achievements that are event based, so you have to complete all legendary, epic confrontation, hero journey type events in order to get shards. But you have to actually complete all achievements to unlock the character at 7*, no unlocking it at 5* like we have been seeing.

This x1000. Totally remember finally getting vader at 7* and feeling like a champ.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    I always get things second time around (except Falcon because I don't care about ships). Since GAS was released I tagged all the required toons, and have been gearing them, and hoarding GET/crystals (which makes the gearing part quite tedious).

It's made the game feel incredibly stale, and I'm still not even sure if I'll be able to get everything ready in time.

If I don't get him I'll probably cut my losses and move on, but even if I do get him the game is on a path that I'm not too keen on walking much longer regardless.

Same. Been slowly slowly slowly grinding to get the required toons for jkr. Won't be surprised if I don't get him the next time he comes around. Same for dr. Haven't even bothered to grind away on those toons. And you know what? Don't really care either. I've been playing this game since January 2016. Deleted it several times and come back. Each time I care less and less.
  • This x1000. Totally remember finally getting vader at 7* and feeling like a champ.

Yep it was definitely a great feeling ... other games do this and I think it’s the best way to approach a legacy character

• StarSon wrote: »
    taw7j7xdyn8z.jpg

False, from here on out General Skywalker will officially be shortened to UP as was decided in the Super Secret Whale Discord
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q