Please change the drop rates

I was really hoping that the drop rates could be changed to something less nightmarish. I think having them be 100% if you play the fight and 50% if you sim it would be amazing.

The way things are right now are really bad. I have a 14x sim on 8b dark side for stun guns and I didn't get a single one. That's just insane.

This would also make it more reasonable for new players to make their way into the game.

Now I understand that this would mean that a lot of things would have to be relocated as to where they can be farmed but I honestly believe it would a change that would really help the health and longevity of the game.

Opinions?

Replies

• Options
    Horrible idea. Drop rates are fine. We can't all have maxed out squads. It's about priorities and planning v
  • Options
    While I would be in favor of increased drop rates, I would strongly disagree with a difference in rate for manual vs sim. This would just increase screen time unnecessarily, without actually adding anything in (almost everyone would set it on auto and ignore, so it would just waste time and cause frustration).
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    DadKev wrote: »
    Horrible idea. Drop rates are fine. We can't all have maxed out squads. It's about priorities and planning v

How are they fine? Especially if you are new to the game, you'll never be able to catch up which most likely would cause people to give up.
    While I would be in favor of increased drop rates, I would strongly disagree with a difference in rate for manual vs sim. This would just increase screen time unnecessarily, without actually adding anything in (almost everyone would set it on auto and ignore, so it would just waste time and cause frustration).

That's a good point.
  • Options
    hsof777 wrote: »
    DadKev wrote: »

How are they fine? Especially if you are new to the game, you'll never be able to catch up which most likely would cause people to give up.

That's a good point.

Why should a new player be able to catch up to someone who has played for five years, for free?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    You don't have to catch up. You're competing with similar start times in arena and similar GP (top of roster-wise) in GAC.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You should give people a way to catch up because if you don't then no one will want to join the game.

Imagine someone watches the next star wars movie and wants to play the new Rey character. To get it they would have to farm bb8 ( which takes 5 other characters) finn, Rey( another legendary character that requires another Rey and again at least 6 characters), Leia(assuming she comes in after the movie), c3p0( which takes 5 more characters), & Poe. That's over 17 characters, 3 of which are legendary and require you to level and gear characters that aren't going to be useful to a Rey team. The new player is looking at over a year of grinding ( judging by the gear needed for GA) or A LOT of money. Most would give up.

Heck if someone just wants GA, because they're watching the new clone wars show, and they're starting from scratch, that would take an astronomical amount of time or money.

What I'm saying is, after a certain amount of time a game needs to give new players away to get towards end game that wouldn't take years of grinding. an example would be a game like world of Warcraft that gives people a quick way to get up to the levels of endgame.