Where has the fun gone?

So much negativity on the forums since the GAS event and rightly so to an extent. Not many appear to be having fun playing this game at the moment and I thinks it’s because of this.

I can’t and won’t speak for everyone but for me personally the fun in this game is levelling up and gearing characters to take them into battle, mainly PVP like GAC and TW. But with how GAS was handled I’m literally scared to spend any resources on any character, I’m even hoarding crystals for the first time. I’m saving all g12 and g12+ gear in case they drop an event needing relic’d FO and resistance at 2 days notice.

I’ve always spent all my crystals, GET, gear etc levelling and developing the project I was working on at that particular time. This made each new PVP exciting as my roster was improving and wanted to see how it would compete but.... that’s changed. This GAC I made it to the final despite a 700k deficit in GP in opening two rounds. The final was impossible, literally triple the 6* mods, double the g13 and loads more speed and G12. I had no chance, I’d usually take encouragement from the fact I can develop X squad for next GAC and improve but right now what’s the point.

If you spend resources you’re then forced to whale to keep up with the meta, hoarding is boring the life out of me, CG need to make it fun again.... somehow.

Replies

• Options
    Seconded, however it is still fun just a different type of fun - one that's less obviously rewarding
  • Options
    Hoard. Everything. That is the only way to succeed in this game.
  • Options
    I understand the concerns, but personally, i feel uncomfortable being forced to do/not use something, i would like to use.
    Therefore i decided for me, that i do what gives me more satisfaction and fun in the end.
    I do hoard a bit for the project/s i have ongoing (GAS readiness etc.), but i don't hoard for unknown events that might eventually come some day which i then will anyway not be able to get on first appearance.
    So my 2 cents, do what is fun for you, you can't be prepared for all possible upcoming new events, the game & CG Strategy is not designed for that, it's totally the opposite, and if they want user to spend money for completing a new event, you can be sure, you'll not be able to do it without spending B)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Hoard. Everything. That is the only way to succeed in this game.

Probably right. But arguably not a huge amount of fun.
  • Options
    But only hoarding wont get u any new toons.

Think about it ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So much negativity on the forums since the GAS event and rightly so to an extent. Not many appear to be having fun playing this game at the moment and I thinks it’s because of this.

Forums != the game itself.

No, I don't have GAS (farming to unlock him the second time around), but I don't enjoy the game any less after his introduction.
    Yes, I do agree with some of the forum complaints about the 5* unlock, but my gaming experience is unchanged.

The need to hoard was there long before GAS was introduced. I first realized it, when I missed out on JTR almost 2 years ago (2 years later I still suck at hoarding, though, but I'm aware of the benefits). Missing out on JKR really hurt me in arena, and I never recovered 100%, but GA is the most fun game mode yet.
  • Options
    I smile a little every time a Jawa gets eaten by the Rancor. That never gets old.
  • Options
    GAC is where the fun is, and my Jawa are my fun.
  • Options
    Why is the rum gone?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Prior to the GenSky event, had you gotten every event character the first time around?

Most people who hadn’t learned to hoard well before now have been missing the latest event characters for years unless they were willing to spend a bunch of money. They’ve kept raising the bar to be sure, but the principle of what you’re talking about is nothing new.
  • Options
    Hi holotable Heroes!

We are heard that some players are complaining about absence of the fun in the game. We are happy to announce that the fun will be returned in the next major update which will be released soon!

To unlock 5* fun, you will need any seven military First Order characters at 7*. Please note that we have Bodhi Rook updated with First Order tag so you may reach the needed amount of characters more easily (we are aware that some players think Visas Marr should have The Old Republic and/or Jedi tag but we are currently happy with her role and see no reason to change anything). You will also need five Resistance ships at 7*. To give you some diversity here, we will add two new Resistance ships as marquee events in the near future (we are currently discussing will it be before or after The fun event). We will reveal some additional character requirements before the event so you will have enough time to prepare (no less than two hours is our current plan). Speaking on gear, we are not putting very hard requirements this time and believe that any gear level above Relic level 6 will suffice.

After unlocking fun you may get it to 7* through GET2 store. To help you avoid wrong decisions and unnecessary frustration we also decided that fun shards will be only available for players who have both Negotiator and Malevolence at 7*, if that player currently in the guild with at least 250 mil total GP and reached GAC Kyber League at least thirteen times in the row. We are not making this decision lightly but believe it will lead us to even more healthy game metrics.

Happy playing and have fun!
  • Options
    Yes, and I did GAS too. I play for competitive play, which is why I’m always heavily focused on the meta. Problem with gas is the 5* unlock, he’s conpletely useless and will be replaced before majority have him 7*. That’s not fun.

So right now in fear of having to invest heavily in gear/shards for future metas as they make them so difficult to get, at such short notice with ridiculous requirements, myself and many others spend our whole time hoarding as oppose to doing the more enjoyable stuff like upgrading squads etc.

It’s taking all the enjoyment out, but those benefitting lately are hoarders so I have to sacrifice GA right now to hoard. Defeats the whole purpose of this type of game.
    Liath wrote: »
    Prior to the GenSky event, had you gotten every event character the first time around?

Most people who hadn’t learned to hoard well before now have been missing the latest event characters for years unless they were willing to spend a bunch of money. They’ve kept raising the bar to be sure, but the principle of what you’re talking about is nothing new.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, and I did GAS too. I play for competitive play, which is why I’m always heavily focused on the meta. Problem with gas is the 5* unlock, he’s conpletely useless and will be replaced before majority have him 7*. That’s not fun.

So right now in fear of having to invest heavily in gear/shards for future metas as they make them so difficult to get, at such short notice with ridiculous requirements, myself and many others spend our whole time hoarding as oppose to doing the more enjoyable stuff like upgrading squads etc.

It’s taking all the enjoyment out, but those benefitting lately are hoarders so I have to sacrifice GA right now to hoard. Defeats the whole purpose of this type of game.

For you maybe. It certainly doesn’t defeat the purpose for me.
  • Options
    If you read the original post and my replies you’ll see I clearly stated for me, and wasn’t trying to speak for anyone else.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    If you read the original post and my replies you’ll see I clearly stated for me, and wasn’t trying to speak for anyone else.

Saying you aren’t having fun sounds like you’re talking about you. Saying it defeats the purpose of the game sounds like you’re trying to make an objective claim.

Just how those statements come across to me.
  • Options
    Well maybe read the text as oppose to assuming. See yourself out kid, ta da

Saying you aren’t having fun sounds like you’re talking about you. Saying it defeats the purpose of the game sounds like you’re trying to make an objective claim.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Well maybe read the text as oppose to assuming. See yourself out kid, ta da

I read it. People who are interested in coming across clearly may care how their words are interpreted by others. You apparently don’t care and also think you own the thread because you started it.

I’m not a kid and I’ll leave when I choose, but thanks for the insults.
  • Options
    Surprise surprise CG hide my thread from the general discussion 🙄
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Surprise surprise CG hide my thread from the general discussion 🙄

Are you sure about that Feedback - > general

sibutu3cnnqn.jpg
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    It's in Feedback: General

Where it belongs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rosstheboss89
    373 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yea exactly, it wasn’t feedback. They just put anything that criticises the poor game management from CG away from the general forum traffic.
  • Options
    Yea exactly, it wasn’t feedback. They just put anything that criticises the poor game management from CG away from the general forum traffic.

A critique of something is feedback on that thing, therefore this is feedback. And its not hidden from the general forum traffic if they use the Discussion tab
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q