Is the Y-wing better than Hound’s Tooth?

Prev1
Question for anyone who has played around with it already: In a Negotiator fleet, is Y wing at 4 stars better than Hounds Tooth at 7 stars? I don’t know how viable the Y wing would be even at 3 stars

Replies

• Is this a real question? Why would a 4* ship be better than a maxed ship, especially one of the best ships in the game?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The Y-wing is at a huge disadvantage at low stars without a pilot to boost stats. Y-wing may be better than HT when at 7*, but it is no competition at 3/4*
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Is this a real question? Why would a 4* ship be better than a maxed ship, especially one of the best ships in the game?

It's not a crazy question. Remember Malak at 5*?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    3* y-wing has 60k health and 36k protection. At the start of battle it'd get +75% max protection (+27k, 15%/GR ally). Ahsoka or Anakin could almost one shot it (60k+36k+27k =123k). It'd need a few more stars to hang around for more than a turn or two. 5* should make it more attractive as a clone arc reenforcement replacement, as it's maxed reenforcement ability looks good (allies get retribution, though ywing is taunting).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
    Is this a real question? Why would a 4* ship be better than a maxed ship, especially one of the best ships in the game?

jwyyp0e6f42d.jpg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • I had success climbing with it at 3 stars with max abilities replacing g12 clone sergeant as a reinforcement - but the battles this evening were more or less decided by the point it came in anyways, so that is fairly subjective point of view...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

sure, but a free ship isn't really comparable to malak and his requirements

Fine. Remember Bastilla at 4*?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Ya but malak could be geared and modded, on top of leveled to 85 and having abilities
  • Long story short, Y-wing at 7 stars > HT at 7 stars in Negotiator fleets. Slightly harder to kill and better reinforcement for GR ships than HT. That said, HT > Y-wing with every other capital ship.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Long story short, Y-wing at 7 stars > HT at 7 stars in Negotiator fleets. Slightly harder to kill and better reinforcement for GR ships than HT. That said, HT > Y-wing with every other capital ship.

Could be decent with mace due to the amount of valor he gives out, but lack of ul from negotiator will certainly make it taunt less.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    The whale at the top of my fleet arena is easier for me to beat now that he uses y-wing bomber. Not sure if it’s just me. I think HT is much better even with Negotiator.

Edit: He runs a 7* Y-wing BTW.
    Post edited by JacenRoe on
  • On defense Y-wing may be worse than HT in starting lineup due to Negotiator's AI, at least against HMF attacker. Negotiator uses Republic Protection instead of Mobilize as first move if some of GR ships are badly hurt, and without HT it's much easier to force him do so. And when Mobilize hits on third turn instead of first, the battle is usually much easier for attacker.

Yes, she definitely replaced a 7* G12 GMY. Oh, wait
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Yes, she definitely replaced a 7* G12 GMY. Oh, wait

well, as leader yes lol. good ol' gmy's L zeta, we hardly knew ye
  • Me personally opt out HT with R3 Bossk for 3* y-wing as soon as I get it. Why? First, it was almost the same protection as HT. Second, it gives valor, allowing for Capital ship to go faster. Even if it is destroyed, it gives counterattack to other ships, with is something you cannot ignore

Well the HT was better than most maxed ships at 4*....
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Me personally opt out HT with R3 Bossk for 3* y-wing as soon as I get it. Why? First, it was almost the same protection as HT. Second, it gives valor, allowing for Capital ship to go faster. Even if it is destroyed, it gives counterattack to other ships, with is something you cannot ignore

HT gets TM when allies are hit and it's not taunting. That's one of the best parts of it's kit. Y-wing can't taunt until it takes it's turn or unending loyalty gets triggered. So basically the enemy fleet can just burn down Ahsoka/Fives to start and then let the Y-wing take it's turn and finally taunt. Oh and then the Y-wing's taunt is easily dispelled. Y-wing is a great replacement if you need to save HT for a different fleet in GAC, but it's a better reinforcement than it is a starter in the Negotiator meta.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Me personally opt out HT with R3 Bossk for 3* y-wing as soon as I get it. Why? First, it was almost the same protection as HT. Second, it gives valor, allowing for Capital ship to go faster. Even if it is destroyed, it gives counterattack to other ships, with is something you cannot ignore

Well it doesn't give valor, but it will get valor from the AoE while HT will not.

ETA2 does give valor though, and he could (and probably eventually will) give it to HT, so that's less of an advantage than it first seems.
  • I just fought a 6* Negotiator (I have a 5*) and it had a 7* Y-Wing in the starting lineup (in place of HT). I beat it much easier than the HT lineup.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I just fought a 6* Negotiator (I have a 5*) and it had a 7* Y-Wing in the starting lineup (in place of HT). I beat it much easier than the HT lineup.

Who were the other 2? I ask mainly because I believe the most effective starting 3 with Ywing would feature Ahsoka rather than 5s.

Or even 3* g8 even before the fear buff?
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I just fought a 6* Negotiator (I have a 5*) and it had a 7* Y-Wing in the starting lineup (in place of HT). I beat it much easier than the HT lineup.

Who were the other 2? I ask mainly because I believe the most effective starting 3 with Ywing would feature Ahsoka rather than 5s.

It was Fives and Eta-2.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Well the HT was better than most maxed ships at 4*....

HT gets TM when allies are hit and it's not taunting. That's one of the best parts of it's kit. Y-wing can't taunt until it takes it's turn or unending loyalty gets triggered. So basically the enemy fleet can just burn down Ahsoka/Fives to start and then let the Y-wing take it's turn and finally taunt. Oh and then the Y-wing's taunt is easily dispelled. Y-wing is a great replacement if you need to save HT for a different fleet in GAC, but it's a better reinforcement than it is a starter in the Negotiator meta.

Well, tactics here does matter. You have PLO ship to get it taunt. In general, it usually survives to the end of a battle. And I have 0 loses on offense against fleets with much more GP than me. Had 50/50 with HT - depends on which capship goes first.
    HT better on regaining taunt and faster (at least now), but have no benefits from Negotiator....
    Of course, my fleet does not perform very well on defense, but I find it much easier on offense than with HT
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hey! Aren’t you become FTP?
  • Vinniarth wrote: »

Hey! Aren’t you become FTP?

Yes - I'm not the one with 7* Y wing.

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    You can't become f2p. You are f2p until you aren't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Fair point. I am a minnow.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You’re probably a krill. :)
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

source.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath wrote: »

Honestly, I used to purchase the crystal "subscription" thing once or month or so, so I've probably spent $100 on the game in 4 years. Not sure where that puts me - but there you have it - full disclosure. Because integrity matters.