Best defence teams for GAC?

Prev13
Generally I always clear my opponents defence but my own defence struggles. All teams I set are modded well and mostly g12 with a few g11 toons. Got all the important zetad for the teams too. But what are best teams to use on defence?

I currently use follow teams listed by leader; padme, Shaak Ti clones, geos, Bossk bounty hunters, Carth old republic, KRU FO, Hera Phoenix, Jyn rogue one team.

I’m thinking Phoenix and rogue one are not great but not sure what other teams to use instead?

Thoughts and help much appreciated, I save the big hitters like DR, JKR, CLS, night sister, grevious teams for offence and keep JTR team for offence to wipe out opposing FO as JTR is poor on defence

Replies

• ZAP wrote: »
    Aside from knowing your GAC bracket, NS are better suited for defense and shaak ti is a better offense clone team and rex lead is the better defense team.

Thanks ZAP, I’m in division 1, with 4.7 million GP.

Have found my Shaak Ti team holds well on defence though and usually takes opponents 2 or 3 teams to clear it
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    Have found my Shaak Ti team holds well on defence though and usually takes opponents 2 or 3 teams to clear it
    That doesn't give you enough of an advantage?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Richfxxx wrote: »

I'm told as you get into Div 1 it gets harder and harder to prevent a full clear because you are locked into the 8 D slots but you are getting more and more on offense as you grow. So it is an efficiency competition at that point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So is it better strategy to save 8 best/strongest teams for offence with minimal damage, max point gain the just leave weaker teams on defence as they will be cleared anyway? For example put Shaak Ti on offence instead defence?
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm told as you get into Div 1 it gets harder and harder to prevent a full clear because you are locked into the 8 D slots but you are getting more and more on offense as you grow. So it is an efficiency competition at that point.

The end is near, Armageddon is approaching.... TVF just made a constructive comment with sarcasm or any cheekiness!! 🤣🤣🤣

What’s next CG start listening to the community? 🤪😂😂
    TVF wrote: »

The end is near, Armageddon is approaching.... TVF just made a constructive comment with sarcasm or any cheekiness!! 🤣🤣🤣

I meant WITHOUT any sarcasm or cheekiness lol

@kyno where are you think TVF’s account might of been hacked 😂😂
    I save the big hitters like DR, JKR, CLS, night sister, grevious teams for offence and keep JTR team for offence to wipe out opposing FO as JTR is poor on defence

NS belongs into defense aswell as GG who's a top tier defense team (among the likes of GAS and DR).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

I made one last Tuesday as well!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I save the big hitters like DR, JKR, CLS, night sister, grevious teams for offence and keep JTR team for offence to wipe out opposing FO as JTR is poor on defence

NS belongs into defense aswell as GG who's a top tier defense team (among the likes of GAS and DR).

ns is a great offensive team, and on d can get wiped by undergeared troopers. can be good on d too, but just sayin
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Legend91 wrote: »

GG can take out DR without having to use your own, or bugs with a much better score than jawas can get.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

ns is a great offensive team, and on d can get wiped by undergeared troopers. can be good on d too, but just sayin

That’s why I use NS on offence, they can take out some tough teams and as you said troopers deal with most NS teams. My troopers are not that strong but nearly always wipe out opponents NS
  • Relic ns, are a lot harder to deal with, again, division one is more about efficiency, so ns are pretty much guaranteed to knock a couple of points off anyone that attacks them, even if cleared first go.
    Gifafi wrote: »

Depends on what kind of NS and what kind of troopers we're talking about. A well geared and proper modded NS will require some heavy troopers which most people do not have.
    CCyrilS wrote: »

GG can take out DR without having to use your own, or bugs with a much better score than jawas can get.

1) you don't need your own DR to take out your opponents DR and keeping DR + Malak for offense is better anyway.
    2) there are not that many teams giving a hard team, GG is one of them (especially with a g13 relic Wat soon). I'd keep GG on offense if he can take away some banners from my opponent.

You said GG belongs on defense. You are contradicting yourself.

You can prevent a full clear by going harder and harder on D. As you get more offense, you slowly squeeze out the teams on D that aren't holding as well, and you have to change your teams up a little bit to make specific counter harder to use or to draw out a specific counter early in one wall and make sure they can't use it on a team that it's even better suited for in the back wall.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Depends on what kind of NS and what kind of troopers we're talking about. A well geared and proper modded NS will require some heavy troopers which most people do not have.

1) you don't need your own DR to take out your opponents DR and keeping DR + Malak for offense is better anyway.
    2) there are not that many teams giving a hard team, GG is one of them (especially with a g13 relic Wat soon). I'd keep GG on offense if he can take away some banners from my opponent.

Should say defense ofc, I edited it but the post needed to go through the approval and is now gone (thx forum).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Should say defense ofc, I edited it but the post needed to go through the approval and is now gone (thx forum).

I guess it's situational then. But I wouldn't say GG is best on D for everyone across the board.
  • The key is to customize your defense based on your opponents roster and GAC stats. If your opponent has a lot of defensive holds, maybe save a few more strong teams for offense. If your opponent has a really good trooper team, maybe save your NS team for offense. It can also help to think about changing up some of your squads every once in a while. Everybody sees the same teams over and over again, so trying something different will make your opponent think about it a little more and potentially make them waste a stronger team trying to clear them.
    Division 1 is about efficiency so you should be saving teams that you know can get you good banner numbers for offense. Think about which teams you always see, and then figure out what’s the worst team you can use to clear those teams with good banner counts. Teams like GG and NS are typically better for defense because they always lose banners (same with DR). Teams like FO, Empire (w/ Thrawn), JTR, and JKR are all good offensive teams because they rely heavily on player control and can regenerate protection to finish with good banners.
    Final tip (more specific). If you are placing you’re Darth Revan team on defense, you can usually split off either BSF or Malak to make another team stronger. Even though your sith empire will be weakened, your opponent will still have to take the same strong counter up against it to clear it.
    Just a few thoughts, I hope this helps!

I promise you an undergeared trooper team will not take out a g12 NS squad with a relic on Daka
  • Jack1210 wrote: »

I promise you an undergeared trooper team will not take out a g12 NS squad with a relic on Daka

oh, an undergeared trooper team won't take out a g12 relic daka ns team? so they can be good on d? sounds familiar
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I would probably put the Revans on Defense. They require strong teams to beat them, which means even if your opponent does clear them with 1 team there’s a better chance they trip on one of your other defenses. If you can’t beat your opponents defenses without your Revans, you’re probably going to lose the efficiency battle.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Generally I always clear my opponents defence but my own defence struggles. All teams I set are modded well and mostly g12 with a few g11 toons. Got all the important zetad for the teams too. But what are best teams to use on defence?

I currently use follow teams listed by leader; padme, Shaak Ti clones, geos, Bossk bounty hunters, Carth old republic, KRU FO, Hera Phoenix, Jyn rogue one team.

I’m thinking Phoenix and rogue one are not great but not sure what other teams to use instead?

Thoughts and help much appreciated, I save the big hitters like DR, JKR, CLS, night sister, grevious teams for offence and keep JTR team for offence to wipe out opposing FO as JTR is poor on defence

DR and Grievous are great on defense. I place mine at the front in one territory, and almost no one are able to beat it. This way I only have to worry about two territories being cleared. I can't always do a full clear, but neither can my opponent.

Padme, clones, geos, Carth, FO (with a fast Kylo Ren) and Assaj lead nightsisters are also good on defense.

If you do something like this, you'll have a very strong defense, but it will also leave you with several good teams for offense: JKR, CLS, JTR, sith triumvirate, bounty hunters, palp, imperial troopers, scoundrels.
    Post edited by plindboe on

I find that it's quite an RNG fest to use troopers against Asajj led nightsisters. Nightsisters also tend to lose all their protection on offense, so you'll get max 55 banners.
  • A fast zTalzin team is really hard to beat outside your arena team. The counters are there but they are all mod speed dependent.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    A fast zTalzin team is really hard to beat outside your arena team. The counters are there but they are all mod speed dependent.

Nope.

I mean, that's true if you're trying to Jawa them I guess.
    A fast zTalzin team is really hard to beat outside your arena team. The counters are there but they are all mod speed dependent.

Nope.

Maybe the jawas are his arena team
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Nope.

Maybe the jawas are his arena team
    Nope. Classic CLS working toward all R7

Only if you run Talia. Throw in Spirit or Nest as the 5th and even good troopers struggle big time.

Also consider using Jango lead for BH. In division 1,also consider saving FO for offense - it has too many easy counters (that people don't use on defense anyway - JTR and Ewoks) and can take down even the best Carth teams.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Depends on division to some extent. Defense works better in lower-GP divisions because the amount of teams either side has is limited. The higher you get, the more likely it is that your opponent will have viable counters to everything you put on defense.

Generally the best defensive teams are either:

A: Difficult to counter. This usually means your S-tier teams like Revan or Padme. They're likely to get holds but also leave you with fewer "trump cards" on offense.

B: Easily underestimated. Personally I think this is the better route to aim for; keep your truly awesome teams for offense, and make your opponent stumble by putting down teams that look easy to undersize but are sneaky-good. This can be accomplished either with a novel combination of characters that isn't commonly used, or with unusually good mods on a team that people are used to seeing with junky stats.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png