Phoenix Team

There are 6 phoenix team members.
Which 5 should i farm first and why shouldnt i farm the other one?

Replies

• The most "difficult" to farm is Sabine, but she's really worth it, especially together with Ezra. My Phoenix team consists of Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Zeb and Kanan.
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    The most "difficult" to farm is Sabine, but she's really worth it, especially together with Ezra. My Phoenix team consists of Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Zeb and Kanan.

Sabine was my first one I started farming when I started in June, and as of this morning almost 6 months later she's 99/100 to 7*.
    She really did take a long time, probably because she isn't available from any of the points stores.
  • Not Sabine.
    Chopper instead, he makes the thrawn event easier, is easier to farm, and by the time you have a 7* thrawn pheonix are deadweight and should be left alone.
  • It's kind of implied by what the others are saying, but you WANT all of them. The fact that Sabine takes longer means that you're going to gear the others first so you can get Thrawn as early as possible, but you still want Sabine eventually.

There are several reasons for this but the easiest ones to understand are:
    1. The phoenix ships are both good and both important and each requires 3 Phoenix team members, so if you want those two ships, you need all 6 Phoenix characters, and
    2. Ezra fits in very well with a number of Jedi teams. By farming all 6 toons, you can split Ezra off to a Bastila or Grand Master Yoda led squad when necessary and still have a full 5-member Phoenix squad. This is especially useful in Territory Wars and Territory Battles and the Light Side Hoth TB.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    For faster, easier access to tier 7 Thrawn, leave out Sabine. However, you would still want Sabine as a crew member for the ships.
  • I went for Chopper over Sabine on one account, and Sabine over Chopper on another. Despite having lower gear-Phoenix across the board, the one with Sabine performs better.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • It's kind of implied by what the others are saying, but you WANT all of them. The fact that Sabine takes longer means that you're going to gear the others first so you can get Thrawn as early as possible, but you still want Sabine eventually.

There are several reasons for this but the easiest ones to understand are:
    1. The phoenix ships are both good and both important and each requires 3 Phoenix team members, so if you want those two ships, you need all 6 Phoenix characters, and
    2. Ezra fits in very well with a number of Jedi teams. By farming all 6 toons, you can split Ezra off to a Bastila or Grand Master Yoda led squad when necessary and still have a full 5-member Phoenix squad. This is especially useful in Territory Wars and Territory Battles and the Light Side Hoth TB.

This ^^

Also a guildie has them r7 and swears by it. A fantastic team that really thrives on their super synergy.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Realistically there is no good reason to go 1 and not the other. You don't read anyone going, "My Phoenix are an awesome GAC contribution and really saved my but in Arena back then." I have yet to find a double/triple zeta Phoenix team of only 10,000-20,000 GP more than my Jawas that they couldn't beat. So really this comes down to:
    chopper is easier to farm
  • Realistically there is no good reason to go 1 and not the other. You don't read anyone going, "My Phoenix are an awesome GAC contribution and really saved my but in Arena back then." I have yet to find a double/triple zeta Phoenix team of only 10,000-20,000 GP more than my Jawas that they couldn't beat. So really this comes down to:
    chopper is easier to farm

Phoenix is not an easy win for Jawas. TDs get them to recover health due to Kanan, D's and Jawa's AoEs are threatened by the mass counters, every time a TD goes off (like Scav. blows them up), Chopper's bonus protection mechanic negates them, and they have no cleanse to remove Zeb's dazes and Sab's stagger/expose.
  • Get all 6 for ships.
    I stubbornly got Sabine before chopper, and she was my first zeta when had to do 150 gw to be able to sim it. No regrets.

In early times of GA and TW had Sabine no chopper as attack squad and chopper no Ezra as a defence (you may find Ezra gets loaned to jedi sometimes)
  • Phoenix is not an easy win for Jawas. TDs get them to recover health due to Kanan, D's and Jawa's AoEs are threatened by the mass counters, every time a TD goes off (like Scav. blows them up), Chopper's bonus protection mechanic negates them, and they have no cleanse to remove Zeb's dazes and Sab's stagger/expose.
    f5oft4lfyzs7.pnga1k3kz184nyi.png
    icu4b0u1ji0h.png
    I disagree. How much GP and how many zetas do the Phoenix need before they are better than my 73000 GP Jawas?
    Ewok too, killed the middle 1 for 18 TW points.
    32mt4d9p7ev5.png
  • Phoenix is not an easy win for Jawas. TDs get them to recover health due to Kanan, D's and Jawa's AoEs are threatened by the mass counters, every time a TD goes off (like Scav. blows them up), Chopper's bonus protection mechanic negates them, and they have no cleanse to remove Zeb's dazes and Sab's stagger/expose.
    f5oft4lfyzs7.pnga1k3kz184nyi.png
    icu4b0u1ji0h.png
    I disagree. How much GP and how many zetas do the Phoenix need before they are better than my 73000 GP Jawas?
    Ewok too, killed the middle 1 for 18 TW points.
    32mt4d9p7ev5.png

Is Nebit a Jawa? Yes.
    Is Jengineer a Jawa? Yes.
    Is Scavenger a Jawa? Yes.
    Is Dathcha a Jawa? Yes.
    Is HK-47 a Jawa? Wait a minute...
    Is Hera a Phoenix? Yes.
    Is Ezra a Phoenix? Yes.
    Is Kanan a Phoenix? Yes.
    Is Chopper a Phoenix? Yes.
    Is Fives a Phoenix? Not quite.
    I said that Jawas V Phoenix was not an easy match, and you give me evidence of a fight that was neither Jawa nor Phoenix. And it's not like that Phoenix was geared at all well.

Once you've done that, show me Jawas winning against Ewoks & 3P0. Maybe then I'll be impressed.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Every thread is a Jawa thread somehow.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Jawas deserve to be in every thread.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Could not possibly disagree more.

You are wrong. I'd take a Jawa portrait over any Luke Skywalker one anyday.
  • Patrick_LJenkins
    163 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Utinni!
  • I prefer chopper over sabine, due to the support, but I do have to say that I find chopper's taunt ability useless. You are getting a weak target to have to be targeted. The fact that he can counter is nice, becuase reckless...throw, i think it is, is a really good support ability. However, with sabine's all 3 abilities being good (darksaber strike is great, you can shred bosses with it), you have to really enjoy to support chopper gives and the buff dispelling to choose him over more offence. However, chopper is better if you are facing a driod team, as his metal menece ability's driod stun can come in handy for stopping 3po or HG-47.
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Well actually I'm not wrong that I disagree.

Well actually I'm not wrong that I disagree.

Every other thing you say I don't understand.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I said I disagree. You said I'm wrong.
  • Whatever, Jawas deserve to be meta. If you don't see things that way, why are you even in a Jawa Discord server?
  • Azathoth21
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Old thread, but, he said the phx team was 20k pts higher... but the picture does not tell us that!