Potency % increase?

Hi all,
I’m pretty new to the game and I had a question about potency with certain abilities. I understand that potency mods affect an ability like Tarkin’s, where it applies offense and crit chance down. But for characters like TFP, where the ability has an 80% chance to inflict buff immunity, does my potency % affect the chance to inflict the debuff? Sorry if this is a newbie question but I was modding my TFP and I was wondering whether potency would be useful on him...thanks!

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Chance to inflict is a separate check and not affected by potency.

When your TFP fires his AOE, it will do a check for each target. 80% of the time it will attempt to inflict Buff Immunity. If you don't make the 80%, it will not attempt to inflict it.

For those where the chance to inflict succeeds, then there is a potency/tenacity check to determine if the debuff lands or is resisted. The potency/tenacity system is a little wonky, but basically if you have greater or equal potency to the target's tenacity, you have the maximum possible chance for the debuff to land. There is always at least a 15% chance for it to be resisted, though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Okay, so would you say that potency mods would still be useful on TFP for that 80% of the time, in order to inflict the most debuffs possible?
  • To be honest I've never really used him, so I dunno what the optimal way to mod him is. You'll probably use him under Palpatine, whose lead gives a good chunk of potency, but a potency-primary cross probably wouldn't go amiss just to be sure.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Furzy wrote: »
    Okay, so would you say that potency mods would still be useful on TFP for that 80% of the time, in order to inflict the most debuffs possible?
    Yes, they would, but TFP's biggest asset is his speed and damage output so I'd either mod him with a fast offense set or a speed set and use a potency set for the other two slots.
  • Furzy wrote: »
    Okay, so would you say that potency mods would still be useful on TFP for that 80% of the time, in order to inflict the most debuffs possible?
    Yes, they would, but TFP's biggest asset is his speed and damage output so I'd either mod him with a fast offense set or a speed set and use a potency set for the other two slots.

Not behind zeta EP lead, biggest asset to the team is keeping TM going as much as possible. Speed set with potency potency speed speed potency potency speed potency potency speed speed potency potency speed speed potency potency speed speed potency potency speed speed

Any crit an offense is just icing on the cake. Keeping Vader and EP's AOE's going as fast as possible is all that matters.

My 1 zeta no G12 EP team beats most multi zeta multi g12 teams I face in GAC cause of that