Has anyone unlocked first order officer yet?

I'm debating unlocking him since I have 8000 cantina tokens saved up. I really want to get fives also but since I'm working on kylo and phasma I'm thinking first order officer would fit better with kylo and phasma having first order synergies. Though in addition to phasmas leadership allowing ally attacks having fives with his counter and combined fire would also compliment wellwell with phasma.

I'm curious what FO officers health and attack power are since he would replace resistance pilot who's a powerfull attacker.
Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.

Replies

• xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Have a look here. Maybe they have it www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/
  • Options
    Thanks for the response, I checked there though but they don't have any stats on him beyond his base stats when unlocked. I'm curious what a 4 or 5 star would look like.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Fives has a great turn meter slow for 2 turns as part of his standard attack, it's a great skill. He's a great addition for tank challenge.

I'm sure they'll be adding more clones and clone synergy toons in future.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Just curious why would you let your cantina tokens build up so high. You can only spend them once every 6 hours without paying a reset fee. If you would have thrown it to Five you would have him.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Just curious why would you let your cantina tokens build up so high. You can only spend them once every 6 hours without paying a reset fee. If you would have thrown it to Five you would have him.

you can't generate enough cantina tokens to equalize the rate of spending with earning...so spending 8000 is nothing but a matter of 5 days' worth of playing. no big deal tbh
    mighty chlorians
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    reizse wrote: »

you can't generate enough cantina tokens to equalize the rate of spending with earning...so spending 8000 is nothing but a matter of 5 days' worth of playing. no big deal tbh
    For the record, if you are focusing only on one hero, you can generate more than you can spend but the exponential depreciation in value of crystals to do so would only make it viable for a whale, it's still cheaper than promoting from chromium pulls, but with that your leveling multiple strong toons simultaneously so not a valid comparison, and there's no hero in the shipments worth that kind of expense anyway.

And with future releases planned I think your strategy of hording is very good. For Cantima I would keep them if I were you. Nothing there that is a must have.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Yes but I don't plan on spending a reset fee, if it takes a few days then thats fine, I'd rather be sure I'm getting someone to do better than who I have in my pvp squad. Cantina credits seem to take the longest to build up at least for me since I always complete gw and get first place if not top 5 in arena.
    Post edited by Nicks075 on
  • Options

Well it took me a lot longer than that to build that much and I use crystals to refresh 2 or 3 times a day for Sim battles to farm. That's as much as 700 crystals, at only 17 tokens per battle that I get farming kylo that's a lot of battles to reach 8000. Maybe 5 days but I would be using a lot more crystals.
    reizse wrote: »

Well it took me a lot longer than that to build that much and I use crystals to refresh 2 or 3 times a day for Sim battles to farm. That's as much as 700 crystals, at only 17 tokens per battle that I get farming kylo right now that's a lot of battles to reach 8000. Maybe 5 days but I would be using a lot more crystals.

I do it because I'm not sure where anyone in the cantina shipment would fit to improve my squad, I don't have any characters from the cantina shipments that I use exclusively so I'm not going to waste the credits unless they fill an important roll in my squad. If a new update happens with new characters in cantina shipments that I actually need I'm way ahead of the game.

Since I'm using phasma as a leader and doing very well with her, with Ren working his way up to become a part of the squad I was curious if first order was powerfull enough to replace any members of my squad. I'm getting consistent first place in pvp so I'm picky with who I may replace if I do.
  • Options
    I'm working on unlocking the First Order officer right now. I'm close to half way there. I'll let you know how useable he is once it's all leveled and geared up.
  • Options
    I'm working on unlocking the First Order officer right now. I'm close to half way there. I'll let you know how useable he is once it's all leveled and geared up.

Thanks powerlifter, I'll keep an eye out for it.
  • Options
    Yw, I enjoy unlocking characters to see what's good. Unfortunately, I now have many nearly worthless people.
  • Options
    Cpt. phasma is sweet! I'm running a first order team with Sid. I switch between storm troop and tie fighter. Think once tie fighter is at 4* and. Above he'll be unstoppable.
  • Options
    Please don't say Tie fighter will be unstoppable. He will get a nerf.
  • Options
    Please don't say Tie fighter will be unstoppable. He will get a nerf.

just like how my resistance trooper got his nerf (or bug corrected) and he is completely useless now :( He wasn't even OP in the first place, does high damage but so easily killed and hard to star up. Now he is just garbage.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    I'm debating unlocking him since I have 8000 cantina tokens saved up. I really want to get fives also but since I'm working on kylo and phasma I'm thinking first order officer would fit better with kylo and phasma having first order synergies. Though in addition to phasmas leadership allowing ally attacks having fives with his counter and combined fire would also compliment wellwell with phasma.

I'm curious what FO officers health and attack power are since he would replace resistance pilot who's a powerfull attacker.

I have been looking at FO Officer too. Seems like a good fit with phasma. The only worry I have is the presumably low attack and I think he is going to be a niche toon and not a game changer. Another worry I have was mentioned above...at this point my training need is outpacing my training droids. I might actually sit on 8k tokens and pray for an update. You might be able to clean up if it happens.

Lol sorry I didn't have any answers for you (and mainly just my own questions), but I will definitely be watching this thread.
  • Options
    Same boat as OP. Not sure if i should spend my cantina credits on foo or hold off and wait for new toons to be added!.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    I unlocked him and have him at 4*. I'd have pushed him higher if Poe hadn't been introduced. I switched to Poe for a while. FOO is fairly decent. He seems to be similar to another Biggs or Fives.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @Nicks075 I have FOO at 5* and it's a decent toon. It shines in a group with Phasma and FOTP though. It gains a huge attack bonus from Victory March, and its third skill is great for intercepting fast enemy heroes like Sid, while giving your own toons a speed advantage. I really like the character, and it's obvious that he's tailored to be an important gear in a FO synergy form.

Also worth mentioning, FOO has great speed. The only thing that's lacking is HP. It may get better at later star levels though, like FOTP. I don't know yet.
  • Options
    I have the same why question as OP. I am about to unlock Ren and I have 5k cantina credits hoarded. Me team will be phasma lead, sid, Lumi, Ren and poggle. Should I replace poggle with fives or FOO? I can get into top 10 barely. Difficult to break to five. If I keep poggle he will remain at 4* for a long time because Phasma is at 5* and Lumi at 5*. Currently focusing on Lumi. Need someone from cantina do that I can upgrade and make a good team.

So FOO or fives? Should I sacrifice my poggle position?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    I have the same why question as OP. I am about to unlock Ren and I have 5k cantina credits hoarded. Me team will be phasma lead, sid, Lumi, Ren and poggle. Should I replace poggle with fives or FOO? I can get into top 10 barely. Difficult to break to five. If I keep poggle he will remain at 4* for a long time because Phasma is at 5* and Lumi at 5*. Currently focusing on Lumi. Need someone from cantina do that I can upgrade and make a good team.

So FOO or fives? Should I sacrifice my poggle position?

Thanks.

FOO is great. He can take away 50 percent turn meter from his special. I about when I unlock poggle is going to be
    Lead Phasma
    Ren
    FOO
    Poggle
    JC. Or greedo.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, I checked there though but they don't have any stats on him beyond his base stats when unlocked. I'm curious what a 4 or 5 star would look like.

It does show max stats and also some discussions in the comments:
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/first-order-officer/

qzhRK03.png
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I have but haven't trained or used him yet.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I like FOO a lot. Once he's 7* he'll probably be in my standard Phasma team! Great turn meter manipulation and synergy with Phasma. And also, ludicrous speed!