Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• Adamklark wrote: »
    my point is that some members here totally ignore the rng aspect and act highly

No I get that, but you also can't blame your loss on the RNG. Even if you only made one bad play and it ruined you, or if one mod was less than optimal, the loss is still *technically* your fault. Should there be a game mode tuned to the point where one single mistake is fatal? Probably not. But does that mean that the fatal flaw was still your fault? Yeah, technically.
  • RandomSithLord
    1939 posts Member
    edited November 14
    I never denied there is unfavourable RNG (at least that was not my intention). However, most of the RNG-related complaints on the forum present as an all-time present negative factor that never lets you win despite your best efforts.

Take the KAM SM for example. Jango using Burning 2-4 times in a row is bad RNG. Using it once and you not cleansing with Rex early enough is not (maybe too slow: bad modding). Your Fives taking 6-7 hits and dying before sacrifice is poor RNG. Not being able to tank 3-4 hits however is poor/gearing modding again.

The problem is, all 4 situations above fall under the pretext of bad RNG for the vast majority of people that come to the forums complaining about TB difficulty.
  • Well I have no control over who the enemy attacks, no modding can prevent that, rng indeed has part in my loss (not entirely, for example in p1 second jedi combat I simply don't have enough jedis).
    so replying I need to remod when simply that wasn't the fault in that combat is simply ridiculous.

in first jedi combat it needs strategy who you mark, who you focus first, best use of yoda bonus attacks, hyoda buffs etc.

but in gas combat one day they nuke down my fives immediately, other day they attack my rex after that my other clone and everyone survives. this is the exact part of this content where modding is indeed important but can be totally nullified with bad luck
  • I never denied there is unfavourable RNG (at least that was not my intention). However, most of the RNG-related complaints on the forum present as an all-time present negative factor that never lets you win despite your best efforts.

Take the KAM SM for example. Jango using Burning 2-4 times in a row is bad RNG. Using it once and you not cleansing with Rex early enough is not (maybe too slow: bad modding). Your Fives taking 6-7 hits and dying before sacrifice and is poor RNG. Not being able to tank 3-4 hits however is poor/gearing modding again.

The problem is, all 4 situations above fall under the pretext of bad RNG for the vast majority of people that come to the forums complaining about TB difficulty.

Well yeah, obviously there are misplays. But my point is if there's a possibility the complaint falls under one of those other categories, we shouldn't discount the presence of RNG as a factor. It's mostly about phrasing. If someone said "my fives took so many hits without sacrificing, I never stood a chance," obviously that sounds different then saying "RNG messed me up so bad today, this is bull." But sometimes they mean the same thing, and we should be nicer about it. Are a lot of the complaints on the forum worded poorly? Yeah. Are a lot of them bashing RNG without telling us details? Yeah again. But is it possible that for a lot of them it *is* RNG screwing them over and we should acknowledge that the game mode is tuned ridiculously high if a full r7 team with good mods can still lose an optimal battle? For sure.
  • TVF
    25893 posts Member
    32/34 waves... Missed one in P1 because of a bad JML team comp, and one today because I made the dumb mistake of killing Spy first instead of GBA.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KAM Mission is garbage. Whoever put it together did so knowing it would cause problems and frustration purchasing. I followed the guides, remodded half my roster to make my team better. First thing that happens? Fives gets beat up first, then Rex gets knocked out, then shaak. I could have 50 "experts" watching and they can't fix it if targeting totally goes against me, no matter what I do to my team.

And I burned resources to increase the relic levels of my team for this dumb garbage mission. It is garbage. By the way, did I mention it is garbage? You're welcome CG! Let me know how much more money I need to spend to have a chance at this dumb garbage mission. Yay!
  • TVF
    25893 posts Member
    Finally tally 62 waves. RNG need not apply here, move along.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • what a joke :), gg