Shaak Ti vs Padmé gearing

Devs came out and said Padmé's gear requirements were excessive, then reconciled. Shaak Ti has 1 Kyrotech at G9, and 2 at G10! That's 300 pieces of Kyrotech salvage just to get her to G11. She's more difficult to gear than Padmé. Was something mentioned about this?

Replies

• What's the connection? 3-4 Kyrotechs for most new releases are pretty much expected by now.

Padme was deemed excessive not because of the Kyros, but because she also requires 4 crafted Stun Guns, 4 Mk8 Implants (and 5 Stun Cuffs) next to the Kyrotechs until G12.
  • What's the connection? 3-4 Kyrotechs for most new releases are pretty much expected by now.

Padme was deemed excessive not because of the Kyros, but because she also requires 4 crafted Stun Guns, 4 Mk8 Implants (and 5 Stun Cuffs) next to the Kyrotechs until G12.

What new releases? If you can't see the connection, I can't help you.

• Padme was deemed excessive not because of the Kyros, but because she also requires 4 crafted Stun Guns, 4 Mk8 Implants (and 5 Stun Cuffs) next to the Kyrotechs until G12.

this right here there is no connection as Shaak Ti doesnt need all the extras on top of the Kyros
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    GhostRep wrote: »
    What's the connection? 3-4 Kyrotechs for most new releases are pretty much expected by now.

What new releases? If you can't see the connection, I can't help you.

You can’t help yourself either, if you can’t understand that the kyros weren’t part of the reconciliation. They never said they were wrong to include that number of kyros, it was the rest of the tough gear in addition to the kyros. So you can fully expect some of the new characters to require several kyros prior to g12.
  • LynnYoda wrote: »

this right here there is no connection as Shaak Ti doesnt need all the extras on top of the Kyros

I shouldn't have said she was "more difficult". My intention was to point out that gearing has become more difficult since Padmé, to the point the Devs admitted it for her, have they said anything in general since.
  • GhostRep wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »

I shouldn't have said she was "more difficult". My intention was to point out that gearing has become more difficult since Padmé, to the point the Devs admitted it for her, have they said anything in general since.
    Again, the number of kyros needed is set right where devs intend them to be.

The gear compensation in the upper tiers of the Padme event is there, because next to the kyrotechs she needs several other high demand gear pieces (the number of which was intended to be reduced by introducing kyrotechs), which Shaak Ti doesn't, at least not in that quantity.