Forfeit/Retreat available on enemy turn

I would love to see the ability to forfeit or retreat from a battle when it isn't my turn. Specifically this would make fighting teams that chain turn meter gain/removal infinitely less frustrating to play against. Let's face it, we've all had those battles that we KNOW are lost but we have to sit there and wait for the computer to go through the motions of killing our characters. Sometimes I get so frustrated I just close the game altogether and relaunch it. Maybe the option menu is hardcoded as an "ability" that can only be used on your turn and this is really hard to implement, but please look into it CG!

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »
    No.. Pick the wrong team, that's in you. If you are able to retreat in their turn, you would avoid the tm preload that you caused.. Moral is, make better choices :)

well, you can just force close which has the same effect, so it's not like adding a button to make it more convenient is going to change anything for the players who picked the wrong team. (except for it being more convenient ofcourse)
    I too would like such a button.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    No.. Pick the wrong team, that's in you. If you are able to retreat in their turn, you would avoid the tm preload that you caused.. Moral is, make better choices :)

Losing the battle loads TM, retreating resets the battle. By your logic, retreating wouldn’t even be an option. I agree with the OP.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Rhunne wrote: »

What an elitist response. You understand that the thing I'm asking for is the ability to give up faster so I can move on and try again or do something else in the game right? I'm not asking for a handicap or to game the system. The option menu should always be available anyway, as there is more than just a concede button in there.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    MrRip wrote: »

What an elitist response. You understand that the thing I'm asking for is the ability to give up faster so I can move on and try again or do something else in the game right? I'm not asking for a handicap or to game the system. The option menu should always be available anyway, as there is more than just a concede button in there.

You are gaming the system though. If you can retreat, no TM load. If you are locked down and lose, TM load.

(I use airplane mode so I game the system too, but let's call it what it is - an ask to making gaming the system part of the game)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

• TVF wrote: »

You are gaming the system though. If you can retreat, no TM load. If you are locked down and lose, TM load.

(I use airplane mode so I game the system too, but let's call it what it is - an ask to making gaming the system part of the game)

Well that's not my intention. I was actually thinking of this mainly for squad and fleet arena where you will typically go up against teams that take turn after turn, and whether you win or lose has no effect on anyone else. But yeah, I can see TM manipulation being an issue for raids, grand arena, or TB/TW. Easy solution there is to only allow conceding in modes that don't work like that, like LS, DS, mod challenges, mod battles, Cantina, event, squad arena, and fleet arena battles.

• Shaddes wrote: »

You’re 100% asking for a handicap since this will handicap the AI by not letting them resolve their attacks giving you the advantage. Pick the right teams is not an elitist response it’s common freakin sense

Ok, you don't understand then. It's a quality of life improvement. They could even simulate the AI resolving all of its turns after you've conceded because it's based on a random seed anyway.