Mace NOT getting an update confirmed [MEGA]

Replies

• We have differing definitions of abusive. Regardless, the more people whine about how they're not reworking him after all, the more likely they are to actually rework him. It's a proven fact.

Rework Mace Windu.
  • Also I appreciate the sentiment but if I get banned over this then they just make me a martyr basically. Like Jesus.
  • Also I appreciate the sentiment but if I get banned over this then they just make me a martyr basically. Like Jesus.

Someone bring out the cross

Someone bring out the cross

Now hold on let's see how this whole thing develops first. But I am open to the notion. Whatever gets results.

Rework Mace Windu.
  • What does mmga mean?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Some months ago, you explicitly stated that all or most of the GR jedi that are currently useless toons, would get reworks or touch-ups.
    Source? I don’t recall them ever saying this
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lol using google predictions as an argument.

There is a reason why those are the most frequent searches for "mobile games are".
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Typical ... the best fighter in the galaxy who almost killed palpatine and who only lost due to Anakins treachery .... The Palpatine who Yoda could not defeat ...that iconic Mace is in swgoh a wet noodle. Says all. Rip. So Kit Fisto will be great? Or Al Ka Mundi ... and all those who died? The canon of those who ARE wet noodles compared to Mace .... is opened. Sad. Really sad.

[ ] almost killed palpatine.

[X] got suckered again like he did on kamino and cemented anakin's trip to the dark side, like the chump he was

Wrong
    He wasn’t trying to kill palpatine. He had palpatine beaten. Anakin betrays him and cuts off his arm.
    Maybe you should watch again. His exact words were "He's too dangerous to be left alive". Anakin cut his arm off to prevent him killing Palpatine, who had provoked a reaction by pretending to be beaten.

Pretending to be beaten? For whose benefit? He was beaten before Anakin got there.
    Typical ... the best fighter in the galaxy who almost killed palpatine and who only lost due to Anakins treachery .... The Palpatine who Yoda could not defeat ...that iconic Mace is in swgoh a wet noodle. Says all. Rip. So Kit Fisto will be great? Or Al Ka Mundi ... and all those who died? The canon of those who ARE wet noodles compared to Mace .... is opened. Sad. Really sad.

[X] got suckered again like he did on kamino and cemented anakin's trip to the dark side, like the chump he was

Wrong
    He wasn’t trying to kill palpatine. He had palpatine beaten. Anakin betrays him and cuts off his arm.
    Maybe you should watch again. His exact words were "He's too dangerous to be left alive". Anakin cut his arm off to prevent him killing Palpatine, who had provoked a reaction by pretending to be beaten.

Words are not equivalent to actions. Even if they were it is implied that he is going to kill him.
    He wasnt pretending to be beaten. Mace had him beaten end of story.

Wrong

I'd also like to know how your assertion makes any of what I said wrong.

edit:
    Also, [ ] had palpatine beaten.

Its wrong because he wasnt suckered there. Anakin cuts his arm off while he's not looking betraying Mace. Not to mention that mace had won before that. Palpatine had no chance
    Stick wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »

Wrong

How can you assert he was pretending to be beaten? That’s just nonsense. He’s beaten by windu as confirmed by George Lucas on revenge of the sith commentary. You’re just a sith groupie & the reason that knights of the old republic have fans.

Wrong

edit:

He is proving you wrong because you were trying to say that mace windu didn’t almost kill palpatine. He is proving that he almost did , via disarming him and trapping him on a window edge and deflecting his own lightning into him.

You guys really think palpatine planned the fight out to the extent where he is going to force lightning his own face by shooting it at mace windus lightsaber? Come on. You guys hate mace windu like I hate boba fett, irrationally for one, but mostly because you hate the mace windu fan boys. I don’t blame you however. I hate boba fett because people think he’s cool because of his helmet and fett pack. For you it’s the Sam Jackson and purple lightsaber.
    It's you who's assuming a lot, lol! No, he just could have been beaten under slightly different circumstances. If Anakin hadn't stepped into the scene, he would have continued defending himself, but possibly lost the battle in the end; though he would probably not have just continued to throw the Force lightning against the lightsaber. That wasn't effective at all and he did far better against Yoda who even was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. When he threw Windu out of the window, you could immediately see that he was not as weak and beaten as he formerly said when asking Anakin for help. He was weakened, sure, just not as much as pretending. He knew that Anakin would give in because he knew his thoughts, then used the perfect moment to kill Windu. He didn't plan the battle from beginning to end, but he was always very good at using a situation and turn it around to his advantage.
    As for your personal assumptions: First, I don't "hate" Mace, I just don't like the character very much, mostly for his arrogance and hybris. Sam Jackson as an actor is awesome, and he portrayed the role greatly, but those are 2 different pair of shoes. Second, being a fan of the Old Republic era doesn't necessarily mean to be a hardcore Sith fan. As for my part, I always liked the light side endings much more. But both, Jedi and Sith are just epic during that era.

He wouldve lost the battle. It isnt a good comparison between yoda and mace's fights. Mace knocks the lightsaber out of the window leaving him defenseless so he was forced to use lightning.
    but in any case youre missing the point of the scene. Its not setting up palpatines manipulation but rather the fact that anakin is betraying the jedi. starting the events that will lead to a new hope, adn bringing balance to the force. 2 jedi and 2 sith
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited November 2019

Wrong

Pretending to be beaten? For whose benefit? He was beaten before Anakin got there.

Wrong

Words are not equivalent to actions. Even if they were it is implied that he is going to kill him.
    He wasnt pretending to be beaten. Mace had him beaten end of story.

Wrong

edit:

Its wrong because he wasnt suckered there. Anakin cuts his arm off while he's not looking betraying Mace. Not to mention that mace had won before that. Palpatine had no chance

no, and no. my opinions are more right than yours!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Should have just shot him pulp fiction style.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    We have differing definitions of abusive. Regardless, the more people whine about how they're not reworking him after all, the more likely they are to actually rework him. It's a proven fact.

When it happens, you're going to be like Homer with the Bear Patrol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They've basically said Mace is getting a rework. They just didn't have time to do a full re-work, and a touch up wouldn't have been good enough. I like that, they basically listened after Gg's rework.
  • Halfbaked wrote: »
    They've basically said Mace is getting a rework. They just didn't have time to do a full re-work, and a touch up wouldn't have been good enough. I like that, they basically listened after Gg's rework.

Because 4 years of him being trash wasn’t long enough. Yeah. I’m ecstatic about waiting probably another year. They could have made time.
  • And what sqd would you have used him in over those first 2.5 years? Jedi were terrible until ls revan came around and adjusted power creep. People were running a qgj lead back in the beginning.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    A real shame...he is the second most powerful Jedi in the starwars universe. A rivel to Master Yoda. But it SWGOH....C.U.P is better. As a matter of fact he is one of the worst Jedi of all the Jedi in the game. Jedi Guardian is better. At least she hands out a def buff.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I was really hoping for a reason to g13 and relic Mace as he is one of the best characters of the original trilogy.

I'm guessing you haven't actually seen the original trilogy.

I have a R7 mace and he still sucks. I was actually hoping for a Zeta ability at that level to make him viable and daring to go the distance with him. Nothing but disappointment. Now I hate myself for waste of R7 gear on one of the games worst toons.
  • TRanger wrote: »
    A real shame...he is the second most powerful Jedi in the starwars universe. A rivel to Master Yoda. But it SWGOH....C.U.P is better. As a matter of fact he is one of the worst Jedi of all the Jedi in the game. Jedi Guardian is better. At least she hands out a def buff.

How is he second?
    TRanger wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I was really hoping for a reason to g13 and relic Mace as he is one of the best characters of the original trilogy.

I have a R7 mace and he still sucks. I was actually hoping for a Zeta ability at that level to make him viable and daring to go the distance with him. Nothing but disappointment. Now I hate myself for waste of R7 gear on one of the games worst toons.

That has no bearing on what TVF said. That sounds like it could have been easily avoided by simply not doing that
  • Swgoh hates black people. That's why mace isn't getting a rework

How is he second?

That has no bearing on what TVF said. That sounds like it could have been easily avoided by simply not doing that

Watch the prequels...it is mentioned there that he rivel Master Yoda...making him second best In the galaxy. At that time. In my opinion I would say he is the best. Words spoken by Jedi Anakin.

And your second statement is correct I shouldn't have.waste of real money (as this whole game is. And waste of in game resources. Both decisions very bad. But that was the price of me believing in SWGOH. Lesson learned!

How is he second?

Watch the prequels...it is mentioned there that he rivel Master Yoda...making him second best In the galaxy. At that time. In my opinion I would say he is the best. Words spoken by Jedi Anakin.

And your second statement is correct I shouldn't have.waste of real money (as this whole game is. And waste of in game resources. Both decisions very bad. But that was the price of me believing in SWGOH. Lesson learned!

Yeah. I would agree with that I think that mace is the best. Or at very least a contender for the best
  • Swgoh hates black people. That's why mace isn't getting a rework

I can't tell if this is a Joke or not
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • I really don't understand the logic of CG keeping him bad. He literally could get a 30 base speed increase and a protection up on basic and that would probably be enough for people to be willing to up him from g11 g12 to put him in a padme team. It would not effect ships at all and would make him usable. Right now we are at: CG, why is Mace Windu not usable? There are crummy droids more loved than Mace.
  • I really don't understand the logic of CG keeping him bad. He literally could get a 30 base speed increase and a protection up on basic and that would probably be enough for people to be willing to up him from g11 g12 to put him in a padme team. It would not effect ships at all and would make him usable. Right now we are at: CG, why is Mace Windu not usable? There are crummy droids more loved than Mace.

Agreed! Especially with the crzy high gp requirements for LSTB they released. Give my dude a simple zeta so he can get over 21k gp
  • How are we supposed to fill out all the necessary teams when they don't even come close to the GP requirements @ g12? Do they really expect us to R7 these guys? At the very least they could have given us the Mace rework........no love