Mace NOT getting an update confirmed [MEGA]

1234568Next

Replies

• I would speculate a few things. 1) they literally give him too hours when you start on your journey.2) he has a ship and that time one of the few that had one..(side note...tarken and Akbar are still more viable then mace.) 3) not enough interest in him but CG gives no incentive for him either. Now on the flip side I think he is worth a remake...1) Every one has him everyone would benefit. 2) It would help new players having a great starting toon and learn to build squads with him. 3) Everyone has him..and they would make a nice profit if everyone started rushing him to relic level. Why not give him some love. Out of the entire starwars universe he is a fan favorite next to RTJ Luke Skywalker.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    3hhw8z.jpg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I couldn't agree more. The Guardians of the galaxy... literally what the entire saga is about. The reason this game even exist. And yet they have the least respect. They need better speed, Dodge, damage, no fear when we're they ever scared? They should be immune to stuns. Not a blaster and magic magnet...losing turn meter unable to move all the time. That's not a Jedi! And certainly no Jedi master.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Unless you are speaking as a CG Dev...you know what they say. "Opinions are like **** everyone has one." But that's funny! A blonde woman dressed as Santa trying to silence us and only her opinion matters. Classic! Well played!
  • I'm gonna tell Samuel about it. This ain't be funny for ya 😋
  • Jamerson wrote: »
    How are we supposed to fill out all the necessary teams when they don't even come close to the GP requirements @ g12? Do they really expect us to R7 these guys? At the very least they could have given us the Mace rework........no love

It's end game content. Why would G12 be sufficient for Geo LSTB when you can barely limp by with G12 on Geo DSTB? Why is anyone surprised requirements would increase? They wouldn't work on a new raid only to slot the requirements to be equivalent with HAAT and have people solo it the first day. That's a waste of time.
  • If you arent going to rework him, as was stated, why not give him a LSTB bonus? It's been done in the past as a limited time thing, so give him double damage, or let him hit twice, give him an event only cleanse, I dont know. Just give him something. Then at least theres a tiny reason for people to gear him. Make him at least a little bit useful. Seems fairly easy to do (based on the bonuses awarded to him in the past) and it would at least give him a touch of relevance in an event he should dominate in.

A rework would've been great, but not going to happen. Consider an event only bonus instead.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    You should listen to the podcast on the decision for this. They didn't want to do a smaller tweak. I think they probably would have considered a smaller change, but given the riot a certain YouTuber had regarding GG, they are smart not to do final changes right away.

I think the OP is talking about a geo TB specific buff that makes Mace useful despite not getting a rework. The groundwork was laid for this with the Hoth brothers bonus that came in Hoth TB. Those units were viable with the bonus even though they’re terrible outside of TB.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    You should listen to the podcast on the decision for this. They didn't want to do a smaller tweak. I think they probably would have considered a smaller change, but given the riot a certain YouTuber had regarding GG, they are smart not to do final changes right away.

I think the OP is talking about a geo TB specific buff that makes Mace useful despite not getting a rework. The groundwork was laid for this with the Hoth brothers bonus that came in Hoth TB. Those units were viable with the bonus even though they’re terrible outside of TB.

Devs said they didn't want to do that to Mace, though. They wanted to give him a full, proper rework. Not a band-aid. They just didn't have time since the decision came down to focus on EP IX stuff.
  • I would rather a mace rework than any episode 8 bantha poodoo.

You can take hux and shove it.
  • Can anyone link that clip of them saying they didn't want to "band-aid him"?
  • Jamerson wrote: »
    How are we supposed to fill out all the necessary teams when they don't even come close to the GP requirements @ g12? Do they really expect us to R7 these guys? At the very least they could have given us the Mace rework........no love

It's end game content. Why would G12 be sufficient for Geo LSTB when you can barely limp by with G12 on Geo DSTB? Why is anyone surprised requirements would increase? They wouldn't work on a new raid only to slot the requirements to be equivalent with HAAT and have people solo it the first day. That's a waste of time.

Not that I agree nor disagree but consider this. What is the main reason for this power creep mess?

At HR - G11 is enough
    Tank Raid - G11 +
    Sith Raid - G12

It is because they created a raid for power creep. They created "contend" to justify the new gears they are adding.

Consider this, DSTB is G13 + Relics. Why is LSTB harder? Why must any contend be above G12 requirement?

There is only 1 reason for this: $$$€€¥¥¥¢¢¢

There is no reason why they can't create contend just for fun and it do SW fan service. It is just not profitable. And we are so brought into it that we accept it as a fact. All new content = new gear / relics / mods.

• Just going to put this out there...

I’d rather you rework mace and the rest of the Jedi council than release any of the episode 8/9 content.

Rework Mace, ditch episode 9.

I’d even prefer mandalorian content over episode 9.
  • That won't happen. CG already said it. It's a pity, but Mace won't be reworked.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Their comments about Mace are only relative to Clone Wars. If he survived that fall and comes back in EP9, then you know why.

Personally I'd rather have Boba coming back... to kill Mace .. that landed.
  • They can’t ditch episode 9. I’m sure they will be required to cross pollinate or promote or whatever. Also it would be foolish to squander the opportunity to acquire new players when a movie is coming out.

However, they will probably be rolling out sequel trilogy content and characters for a couple of months. They could choose to do a Jedi counsel rework first. They are choosing not to.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    gvggi3mxdcs8.png
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Just going to put this out there...

I’d rather you rework mace and the rest of the Jedi council than release any of the episode 8/9 content.

You cant get mandalorian content if u didn't buy disney plus.
  • Just going to put this out there...

You cant get mandalorian content if u didn't but disney plus.

Still better than episode 8.

A Jawa rework would be better than episode 8.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I seem to recall a certain scene in Episode II where Yoda and Mace Windu are discussing helping Obi Wan on Geonosis. It’s decided Yoda will go to Kamino, and Mace will go to Geonosis leading other Jedi. He then proceeds to wreck shop at said planet.

Apparently I’m misremembering this scene. Mace wasn’t able to lead the Jedi cause of being such a weak leader, and did not wreck ship seeing as he really didn’t have that great of skills.

This party... got shut down before it even began.

didn't mace and like 20 jedis just beat a bunch of droids?

The great gift Lucas gave us in the prequels was a bunch of utterly incompetent Jedi.

Thanks George!

Darth Maul?

• So this just die down?? So sad...