Speed system needs reworked.

I've come to find after a month or so that Arena is tilted massively in the AI's benefit speed wise. If all things are equal typically most of the AI team will go before you ever have a chance. Spread their debuffs and do their nuke attacks and then you are starting behind the 8 Ball so to speak. System should be made like better RPG games with better speed mechanics.. no team can go twice in a row, fastest character overall goes first, then fastest on opposing team goes second, and you go back and forth like this through the teams, and then start the rotation over. This keeps things balanced and does not allow the AI to create an unfair advantage because it decided to RNG itself having its entire team go first.

Replies

• Options
    If you’re talking about DR teams, Fear will cause everyone to lose a turn. So that wouldn’t have anything to do with the speed mechanics.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Chances are that what you’re seeing is not the AI giving itself an advantage but rather there being a mechanic you are not accounting for.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    This has to be the most nonsense suggestion I've read this week so far.
  • Options
    Oh, I assumed DR since you mentioned arena. But there’s so many buffs and debuffs in this game now it’s hard to know sometimes.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Kasumi wrote: »
    I've come to find after a month or so that Arena is tilted massively in the AI's benefit speed wise. If all things are equal typically most of the AI team will go before you ever have a chance. Spread their debuffs and do their nuke attacks and then you are starting behind the 8 Ball so to speak. System should be made like better RPG games with better speed mechanics.. no team can go twice in a row, fastest character overall goes first, then fastest on opposing team goes second, and you go back and forth like this through the teams, and then start the rotation over. This keeps things balanced and does not allow the AI to create an unfair advantage because it decided to RNG itself having its entire team go first.

This sounds like you don't fully understand mods. You say, "If all things are equal". The only time this happens is in a mirror match with no mods. Perhaps you can create an account on swgoh.gg and folks here can help you with your team compositions and strategy.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    check your premise. there is no "AI takes extra turns, faster." Your chars are too slow
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I've come to find after a month or so that Arena is tilted massively in the AI's benefit speed wise. If all things are equal typically most of the AI team will go before you ever have a chance.

This is wrong. If all things are equal, it will be a coin flip deciding which of the characters at 100% TM will go first. Nothing is tilted in favour of the AI.
    ... no team can go twice in a row, fastest character overall goes first, then fastest on opposing team goes second, and you go back and forth like this through the teams, and then start the rotation over.

Why exactly, should a slower character be able to go before a faster character? (assuming no bonus TM/turn is involved)

In GoH turn order is not decided by speed. It's decided by the order in which characters reach 100% TM, and if more characters are at 100% at the same time, it's decided randomly.
    Speed only decides how fast the TM fills naturally.
    This keeps things balanced and does not allow the AI to create an unfair advantage because it decided to RNG itself having its entire team go first.

It's not decided by RNG. AI has no unfair advantage.
  • Options
    Mods are 50-70% of this game. Learning what mods do, how to farm them and what mods are most worthwhile to slice is important.

Speed set mods with a speed primary arrow and high speed secondaries on the rest is super important.

Speed matters and it's what creates the ability to control your team and control a battle. Let's look at the current meta for example.

Darth revan is the most reliant on speed of any previous meta. If your characters go first you can cause opposing team to waste a turn and let your whole team go first. However you can counter that by knowing your team and how skills work. You put in an auto taunting tank so DR cant reach your leader on the first attack. You put a super fast Yoda in to spread tenacity up, you put in raid han to stun an opposing Yoda if it's too fast...

There are so many tactics and skills and mods that are part of this game. Look to learn why things are happening instead of complaining about how you wish it was like every other game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you’re talking about DR teams, Fear will cause everyone to lose a turn. So that wouldn’t have anything to do with the speed mechanics.

No, this was two mashed together teams featuring the leads of Dooku and Luminara with nobody providing any real speed boost or penalty. Everything was equal in all honesty and the AI decided to take all five first turns anyways

If you want to convince people, that this is true, you need to provide more information. Complete team compositions and speeds.

• Options

No, this was two mashed together teams featuring the leads of Dooku and Luminara with nobody providing any real speed boost or penalty. Everything was equal in all honesty and the AI decided to take all five first turns anyways

Not even close to possibly true. Equal implies equal speeds.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

If you want to convince people, that this is true, you need to provide more information. Complete team compositions and speeds.

Even if he's telling the truth, he's missing something. "the leads of Dooku and Luminara" doesn't really make sense. And what is this, 2016? Dooku and Lumi in arena?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Even if he's telling the truth, he's missing something. "the leads of Dooku and Luminara" doesn't really make sense. And what is this, 2016? Dooku and Lumi in arena?

Well, actually, it depends how new he is.

I started an alt that is now level 72 and in the 1000 arena range, and I see plenty of Dooku and even some Lumi.

I saw a Biggs lead yesterday btw.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Well, that part makes sense. 2 teams - 2 leaders - 1 for each team. However, it doesn't correspond with his claim about "all things being equal", since it's 2 different teams.