Developer accounts

Prev1
Are the developer accounts public on SWGOH.GG since they claim to play this game I feel like there accounts should be public knowledge.

Replies

• Why? What difference do you feel that would make to your gameplay experience?
  • Mbaren wrote: »
    Why? What difference do you feel that would make to your gameplay experience?

If they actually played they would maybe understand the needs of the game from out perspective
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Why should they be public knowledge if they choose not to be? It's still a free country
  • Finch1221 wrote: »
    Are the developer accounts public on SWGOH.GG since they claim to play this game I feel like there accounts should be public knowledge.

If they signed up for the website and you know their ID/name then yes they are "public". For example, a pretty quick google search would find you Kyno's account (not a dev, but still)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    why though?
    If it makes you feel better you can just assume they're lying and they're not actually playing their own game. Or are you one of those people that thinks they'll drastically change their approach if only they would play their own game?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Mbaren wrote: »

If they actually played they would maybe understand the needs of the game from out perspective
    They've said they do
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Well actually, do I need to go work for CG to understand their perspective? No I don't. I'll give you two examples.

1) I know that they need to make money because they're not just a business but part of a much larger corporation.

2) I know that if they gave the players everything they wanted the game would actually die.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

They've said they do

Such a good mom, believing everything your kids tell you!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Finch1221 wrote: »
    1. More importantly they make money from a game I see this argument a lot, at the end of the day they sell entertainment and if it is not entertaining they won't make money.

2. Many times people don't know what they want and it is up to the creators (CG) to come up with new and exciting things.

Well yeah, you've kinda made both my points with your responses.

1. If they weren't making money you better believe they'd change what they were doing.

2. People definitely don't know what they want, because people are different and all want different things and the devs cannot simply do whatever the loudest people want because that's a great way to lose money.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    My guess would be that many of the devs do play but they don’t spend as much time on that end of things as the typical poster on this forum and probably don’t have top ranked accounts for the most part. They certainly have no obligation to share their profiles with the world.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    why though?
    If it makes you feel better you can just assume they're lying and they're not actually playing their own game. Or are you one of those people that thinks they'll drastically change their approach if only they would play their own game?

Same as above and would you not be concered if they didn't actually play the game or at least have F2P accounts so they understand players more?

I have no reason to believe they're not playing the game.
    And even if they don't, i don't believe they would change the game if they started playing the game after 4 years.
    Having public accounts that they play on serves no purpose whatsoever imo. Lets also not pretent it's not going to cause problems having public dev accounts playing vs regular players.
    So yea, other than the "you don't even play your own game" narrative being spewed once again, it's a pointless request imo.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    My guess would be that many of the devs do play but they don’t spend as much time on that end of things as the typical poster on this forum and probably don’t have top ranked accounts for the most part. They certainly have no obligation to share their profiles with the world.

Again the only argument I see against is they don't have to which I have never said they do.

You said they should, which I don’t agree with. I think if they want to they can, and since they haven’t chosen to that probably means they don’t want to, and there is no basis to criticize them for that by saying they should.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Well actually, it's TVF.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    why though?

Same as above and would you not be concered if they didn't actually play the game or at least have F2P accounts so they understand players more?

And even if they don't, i don't believe they would change the game if they started playing the game after 4 years.
    Having public accounts that they play on serves no purpose whatsoever imo. Lets also not pretent it's not going to cause problems having public dev accounts playing vs regular players.
    So yea, other than the "you don't even play your own game" narrative being spewed once again, it's a pointless request imo.

Many people including me would disagree, they keep proving time and time again that money is more important to them then the playing experiance which makes me suspious of not just them playing the game but of how they play the game. I never asked for any change at all throughout the whole post I was asking if the developers had public accounts. I hope you never become a game designer if you don't feel the need to constantly test your game it would show above all else a lack of passion. You say it causes problems but don't actually mention any.

To your last comment refer to my second reply to TGF.

Again the only argument I see against is they don't have to which I have never said they do.

You said they should, which I don’t agree with. I think if they want to they can, and since they haven’t chosen to that probably means they don’t want to, and there is no basis to criticize them for that by saying they should.

If I say you should eat 5 fruit and veg a day is that a critism, I don't think so personally. I think they should please propose an argument for why they shouldn't besides they don't want to otherwise it's pros vs I don't want to very spoiled attitude.

You expect the devs to personally respond to your request to explain why thy aren’t doing some random thing you happen to want and you’re accusing *other* people of having a spoiled attitude???
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    why though?

Many people including me would disagree, they keep proving time and time again that money is more important to them then the playing experiance which makes me suspious of not just them playing the game but of how they play the game. I never asked for any change at all throughout the whole post I was asking if the developers had public accounts. I hope you never become a game designer if you don't feel the need to constantly test your game it would show above all else a lack of passion. You say it causes problems but don't actually mention any.

Obviously you disagree since you're the one saying they should have public accounts, haha.
    I'm curious though, do you honestly think this game is this successfull without the devs even playing their own game? I mean, seriously?
    It also seems rather obvious that you're just looking for a stick to beat cg with, which coincedentilly is one of the problems with them having public accounts. It just opens them up to all sorts of critique and for what? so you (and others) have proof they do actually play their own game?
    Not mention players losing GAC or TW vs dev accounts or players with dev accounts, surely you can see how that could be a problem. It doesn't even matter if they share info with their guilds, ohters are going to accuse them of it regardless.
    Also, why would money become less important than the playing experience if they do actually play their own game?
    And lastly, i do hope you do your job with the same amount of passion you seemingly expect the devs to do their jobs with and that you don't put a lot of importance on making money.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    why though?

Obviously you disagree since you're the one saying they should have public accounts, haha.
    I'm curious though, do you honestly think this game is this successfull without the devs even playing their own game? I mean, seriously?
    It also seems rather obvious that you're just looking for a stick to beat cg with, which coincedentilly is one of the problems with them having public accounts. It just opens them up to all sorts of critique and for what? so you (and others) have proof they do actually play their own game?
    Not mention players losing GAC or TW vs dev accounts or players with dev accounts, surely you can see how that could be a problem. It doesn't even matter if they share info with their guilds, ohters are going to accuse them of it regardless.
    Also, why would money become less important than the playing experience if they do actually play their own game?
    And lastly, i do hope you do your job with the same amount of passion you seemingly expect the devs to do their jobs with and that you don't put a lot of importance on making money.

It's not just a matter of them playing the game and you say I am looking to beat CG with a stick yet I am asking for something positive and interesting to help connect the fans and the developers more I don't understand your logic. Furthermore where do I mention critism for the developers accounts what would I complain about, seriously who are you arguing with? Or are you putting words in my mouth?
    So what exactly is the purpose of making dev accounts public? Explain it to me like am i toddler.
    I mentioned that it would open them up to all sorts of critique, not you. So what are you even talking about? I even eleborated on that point after you said i didn't mention any of the problems it could cause...

Did you never learn PEE you have the Point expand.
    Never heard of it. Feel free to enlighten me.

What is the difference between losing to a Dev and knowing and losing and not knowing? There is none and if they get reported what does that do besides add up to all the false reports that are coming in now I have reported 2 people myself I suspect them of cheating but no way to really know.
    The difference is in the way players react because when players know they're playing a dev some of them will feel like they're at an unfair (percieved) disadvantage.
    When money becomes more important than the experiance you undoubted lose not just players but revenue thats basic in entertainment. You don't seem to realise the difference in business sectors tbh and are stuck on the whole 'they don't play their own game' but don't seem to realise there are many ways of playing the game and as I mentioned it's not just about that.
    That's same grade A logic right there. When money becomes more important than the experience, they'll make less money.
    I don't seem to realize a lot of things according to you, but what is it about then? Why should dev acounts be public?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

The whole who do you think you are, did you read the OP? I asked if they were ubllic and gave my opinion tat they should. The question was aimed at mods and Ultra who seem to be close to them.

Yes I proposed your argument of 'I don't want to' over 'Something positive' is that of a spoiled childs perspective.

Every part of this post is ridiculous.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    why though?

It's not just a matter of them playing the game and you say I am looking to beat CG with a stick yet I am asking for something positive and interesting to help connect the fans and the developers more I don't understand your logic. Furthermore where do I mention critism for the developers accounts what would I complain about, seriously who are you arguing with? Or are you putting words in my mouth?
    So what exactly is the purpose of making dev accounts public? Explain it to me like am i toddler.
    I mentioned that it would open them up to all sorts of critique, not you. So what are you even talking about? I even eleborated on that point after you said i didn't mention any of the problems it could cause...

Never heard of it. Feel free to enlighten me.

What is the difference between losing to a Dev and knowing and losing and not knowing? There is none and if they get reported what does that do besides add up to all the false reports that are coming in now I have reported 2 people myself I suspect them of cheating but no way to really know.
    The difference is in the way players react because when players know they're playing a dev some of them will feel like they're at an unfair (percieved) disadvantage.
    When money becomes more important than the experiance you undoubted lose not just players but revenue thats basic in entertainment. You don't seem to realise the difference in business sectors tbh and are stuck on the whole 'they don't play their own game' but don't seem to realise there are many ways of playing the game and as I mentioned it's not just about that.
    That's same grade A logic right there. When money becomes more important than the experience, they'll make less money.
    I don't seem to realize a lot of things according to you, but what is it about then? Why should dev acounts be public?

I have mentioned why making accounts could be positive for players and devs re read the posts... I am genuinly curious can you read? I said why would I critique CG not why would I be criticised. You didn't expand anything what are you talking about? You say it opens them up to crisicism but never said what criticisms thats what I am asking and you have yet to mention anything besides trying to twist my words. If you don't know PEE you wouldn't even pass GCSE English I don't have time for that.

It doesn't actually matter people constantly argue about attacking first or second being an advantage in GAC which again doesn't actually matter the only difference is you know it's a dev so what? Put the shoe on the opposite foot if you came up against a dev and won how would you feel?

Mate I'm about done with your negative replies that aren't actually making any points yes in the ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS the experiance is much more important than money for not just the consumer but for the producer it is simple economics and promotes a loyalty from fans which grows your business and spreads awareness of your product, now unless you make a valid point that I have not already answered which leads me to your last point WHICH HAS BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY I will not even bother replying.

Also I am seriously questioning your ability to read.

Finally if you need evidance that CG is losing those loyal fans SWGOH on youtube recently has bombed and even many of the creators who cover the game no longer actually reccomend new players getting involved and that is seriously worrying for the game an it's exposure.

experience*
    evidence*
    But hey, atleast you know wat PEE is and i assume you'll be passing GCSE English next year. ;)

• Finch1221 wrote: »

This was all I needed to hear, you both have reasonable points, one looking at the positive part of the community and one aware of the backlash received over absolutely anything (only sometimes unreasonably), but Liath is not the spoiled brat here, you **** child. Saying there are drawbacks to your idea is not a personal attack on you, so stop treating it as one. If the devs open their accounts to the public, people would potentially be free to spam their unrelenting hate in-game, which would be in the very least inconvenient, not to mention the plethora of forum posts whinging about devs taking their resources away by beating them and not even throwing them that bone, as well as many more ideas, people are creative after all. Yes it might be nice, but from their perspective, I wouldn't want to, they don't have to prove to people they play the game to play it. Better yet, in case you try to say people get beaten by them anyway, they may have different personal account names, in which case they may already be on swgoh.gg and you could be complaining about a resolved issue, which would bring me a smile.

That an satisfactory expansion for your English teacher? I won't comment on the fact that that's not the original acronym in the first place.