The Road Ahead - 11/20/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Chima wrote: »
    We can buy a entire account with Malak on Facebook for less than U$39,90. How much will cost the HyperWhale bundle?
    People nowadays really still use fakebook? However, you know that selling (and buying) accounts is illegal, right?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    If we get Sith Trooper this month than I guess it’s safe to say he’s the reason Royal Guard is the login toon

You know what would be cool? If Sith Trooper was the login character.

Everyone always wants more free stuff right?

The login character is already free stuff. Relevant stuff would be far more useful. RG doesn't help anyone.
  • Thank you development team - for your hard work and generosity!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    If we get Sith Trooper this month than I guess it’s safe to say he’s the reason Royal Guard is the login toon

You know what would be cool? If Sith Trooper was the login character.

Everyone always wants more free stuff right?

The login character is already free stuff. Relevant stuff would be far more useful. RG doesn't help anyone.

Well actually it helps me. Shard shop currency is always welcome.

I will never understand why some people complain about not getting 40-some shards of an older toon when it's crystal clear why they don't do it for new ones. People buy the packs to get marquees to 4* and as soon as you give them enough free shards to do it without spending, they won't spend.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Road Ahead: Look at the pack we’re releasing!

I checked the App Store for Star Wars games again, it’s this or the base building game. If another decent game we’re to come out this entire dev team would be out of jobs. The only reason I’m playing is it’s Star Wars and it’s mobile. This team is so out of touch with what makes a fun experience. New content is never just enjoyable, it’s either tuned insanely difficult, relative to current endgame, or it’s a bundle pack. Both things are milking devices. You can just put out fun things and people will pay reasonable amounts to play them. Sorry, I’m venting, and I expect the apologist squad to chime in shortly, so...I have spoken.
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Joegetta wrote: »
    Serious question CG did you actually think the player base would be happy with this road ahead post? Cause all I read was that you are giving old and new players a way to whale harder(spend a crap ton of money)...That's all.

Hm. You must not have read the same thing I did. I think it looks good. I'm going to remain positive until it turns negative. Personally, I'm excited about the next movie content(General Hux)

Ok........... I don’t think YOU read the same thing we all did, They didn’t give us anything we didn’t already know about with the rise of skywalker content, they announced a beginners guide that will more then likely be totally and completely useless to veterans, gave us a new way to spend money, which I won’t be doing, and then to top it all off they’re giving veterans another totally useless 0 prestige portrait and titles. Cool content

They said it was going to be useful for beginners and veterans alike. I've seen a lot of negativity on the forums with every patch released and I don't think it's right. The basis for your negative comment is that CG has messed up in the past, and thus will continue to mess up. I will wait and reserve judgment until it releases.

The definition of insanity is trying to approach things the same way and expecting different results.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    So crumb ignored all of the mace post and commented on Sith trooper to say he has sweet red armor? For real?

I don't have any update from my post yesterday. There are no plans for Mace a rework at this time

I'd recommend a non binding monthly poll, where you could select from a drop down list of every character in the game a player would like to see updated. I think you could do alot with that free data.
  • Now add 6 more zetas and 8 more omegas to the annoversary gift for the two TW's you didnt schedule.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ithilix wrote: »
    Now add 6 more zetas and 8 more omegas to the annoversary gift for the two TW's you didnt schedule.

I can't believe it took this long, but here it is.
  • Ithilix wrote: »
    Now add 6 more zetas and 8 more omegas to the annoversary gift for the two TW's you didnt schedule.

What two TWs they didn’t schedule?
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Admiral Hux and a fast track bundle...CG are spoiling us so much already with this Road Ahead that the 4th anniversary gift will barely matter...🤢🤥🤭
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Sooooo, If I'm reading this correctly all this says is:
    1. We are moving on from clone wars, and that's fine, it's time and I have no issues (Other than the lack of a mace windu rework).
    2. Release a guide that seems to be widely available online.... or are they saying that legendary events will always be available? That would be fantastic, but at this point I can't take their word until I see it in game.
    3. YET ANOTHER PACK... The fact that they see pay-to-win packs as content seems to be here to stay, and that truly sucks....
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Chima wrote: »
    We can buy a entire account with Malak on Facebook for less than U$39,90. How much will cost the HyperWhale bundle?
    People nowadays really still use fakebook? However, you know that selling (and buying) accounts is illegal, right?

Illegal, so EA now defines laws in US? Good luck.

• Someone already pointed this out but if I go back in my 20 months in this game, the most fun I had when I was progressing to lvl 85. I was looking forward to open new parts of game, succeed in next tiers of assault battles etc. This Hyperdrive nonsense will take it from players before they manage to build addiction and throws them into full SWGOH experience - months long grind for any further farming and content which becomes repetitive rutine after few months.
  • Ladislav wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Chima wrote: »

Illegal, so EA now defines laws in US? Good luck.
    Not only EA licensed games, a lot of games have it in their ToS that account data may not passed on to others, especially not for profit. Do what you want but don't whine if such an account gets banned eventually.
  • Some other popular Game developers such as Steam/Value, Supercell and Epic Games do not allow this. It is pretty standard.
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • Congratulations SWGOH on it's 4th anniversary!!!! Can anyone tell me what this Journey Guide is all about that I saw on the SWGOH Instagram page? George
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    G1975 wrote: »
    Congratulations SWGOH on it's 4th anniversary!!!! Can anyone tell me what this Journey Guide is all about that I saw on the SWGOH Instagram page? George

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219287/the-journey-guide-why-we-decided-to-make-it#latest
  • Hi. I just started playing this game and i was enjoying the progression so far, but now they are going to sell packs to insta lvl 85? Like lets break the balance in all arenas and the progression of players overall, lvl 40-50 players vs 85?

It takes like 2 months to lvl 85 i guess and even IF i was willing to spend to rush there to be competitive i will be losing the progression experience of the game. Sorry but that´s a joke, next thing we will be getting is a VIP system probably.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I’d say keep playing, if you are enjoying then no need to quit

You don’t have to spend until you are level 85. The XP boost is actually harmful without a sizable mod depth and having your XP you paid for go to waste isn’t a loss
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Agree with @Ultra. If you are having fun, then keep at it. You dont have spend a dime to unlock anything, tons of people dont. Sure you might "fall behind", but that's only if you are a meta chaser to begin with.

At the end of the day it's a game, if you like it play it, if you dont then dont.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I’d say keep playing, if you are enjoying then no need to quit

You don’t have to spend until you are level 85. The XP boost is actually harmful without a sizable mod depth and having your XP you paid for go to waste isn’t a loss

Thanks for your answer. Yes might be harmful, it breaks the game balance and the arena that i´m in. Sure if you spend you get an advantage, the game sell mostly everything already, but this lvl 85 boost breaks.

And btw, is not about spending. Even if they give everybody this lvl85 for free is a still a big no lol, just breaks the progression and balance on so many levels. Decisions like that shows that balance team dont care anymore and are willing to sacrifice it for extra money, is the first step to more changes like that. It crosses the line.
  • Hey SommerX, welcome to the Forums! As I am also fairly new to this forum, and don't know the history of this, have the developers ever listened to the community? This is a question, and not just sarcasm. Has the community ever gotten so mad about one thing that they fixed it? Is it possible to pull a sonic?
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    igotthelog wrote: »
    Hey SommerX, welcome to the Forums! As I am also fairly new to this forum, and don't know the history of this, have the developers ever listened to the community? This is a question, and not just sarcasm. Has the community ever gotten so mad about one thing that they fixed it? Is it possible to pull a sonic?

Step backs happened numerous times. And they generally listen to the community. However if the outcome concerns the profits, the shape it takes is not purely beneficial to the player and there's some variety of catch 22.

Good luck protesting the new newbie pack, that's a hard one to win since it effects a little portion of the community, so the scream won't be a wide impact and it's obviously benefitting the spender party.

You have an even steeper hill that has been around forever; alt account sandbaggers before unlocking arena with multiple important toons out of the gate. If I was starting now, that would be the real party pooper discouraging me to go on.
  • What a load of bantha poo-doo. Players can now fast forward through the game? Meanwhile, all of us who have gone through grind after grind will get screwed. Thanks again Devs for not caring about your player base that has been here the entire time!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Spenders already did this, just a little slower.
  • Every single item on this list sounds perfect - and not exactly surprising ;) It'll be good to encourage influx of new players; inevitably steps must be taken to shorten the road to where most players are now.

Super excited for the last of the Skywalker Saga, movie and game content alike! Keep up the good work!
  • My guess is that the hyperdrive bundle is necessary to lure in new paying players to replace those that have left the game. I can understand why it would be tempting for a corporation to do but I'm not sure that it's going to sit well with established players who've built their accounts up with great effort and who've invested a great deal over time. But perhaps my perception of the bundle and it's reasoning will be proven wrong when it drops
  • TVF wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Good lord I wonder how much that bundle will cost.

It's times like this I'm so very thankful 24 is the highest number.

There's millions of people out there boss who....

Boss: How many?

There's...24 people out there..