Game in "Client must be restarted" loop

ashbbk
45 posts Member
edited November 2019
Since this morning, during game loading after the "Initializing game systems" message there is a pop-up stating "Client must be restarted" and on clicking "OK" the client restarts and the same thing repeats. The client updated yesterday and was working fine till last night.

In the US playstore the last updated date is mentioned as 18th Nov, where as in the default playstore here in India it is mentioned as 14th Nov. Could this be the cause of the repeated "client must be restarted" message?

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    1. try force closing the app and restarting your phone.
    2. Go into your phone settings, then into your app settings and clear the cache
    3. Uninstall and reinstall the game.

Try them in order and see if they fix the problem. Hopefully you don't have to go all the way to 3. If you still have problems, check your free space and clear some up if needed. After that IDK.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    1. try force closing the app and restarting your phone.
    2. Go into your phone settings, then into your app settings and clear the cache
    3. Uninstall and reinstall the game.

Try them in order and see if they fix the problem. Hopefully you don't have to go all the way to 3. If you still have problems, check your free space and clear some up if needed. After that IDK.

Thanks for the suggestions. But, I already tried all those steps. I also installed the game on a seperate phone which did not had SWGOH previously and the same issue appeared there also.
  • According to AnswersHQ, at least two other people have the same issue and both are located in India, as I am. So, it must got to be a issue with their server which caters to Indian players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please make sure to add your details to that post at Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>