Plo with padme?

Recently got padme. I have G11 ahsoka and relic 2 jka. I'm 30 shards shy of finishing GK farm. I don't have C3PO yet and R2 is used elsewhere ATM. Shaak Ti is a way off yet and haven't geared any 501st clones (yet).

Looking for my 5th for padme. I'm farming Plo from ship store, so little drain on resources until upper level gearing (but this is planned anyway). My available (ish) toons:
Plo
Clone Sgt (until shaak ready, unless Cody is better there?)
Cody
Mace
Barris
Clone Wars Chewie

So, will Plo suffice as a 5th (TM gain on special), with fleet boost too; or will I regret not using one of the others above as the 5th? And if so, who?

Replies

• Out of the above 7 toons a zeta on Barris would give the team the most active help .
  • I think plo is a good ship reinforcement only if you are bringing other really good offense.
  • I'd choose barris
  • Barris, but 3p0 is better so get him asap.
  • zBarriss, no doubt. I use her too and she's providing so much sustain survivability to the team. In the long run 3P0 will be better with everyone G12+3 or higher but until then there's no equal.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • If I'm not mistaken, Padme's unique would make Plo's TM gain move useless:

Padmé is immune to Fear. Whenever a Light Side ally loses Protection Up, they recover 5% Health. Allies can't gain or lose bonus Turn Meter.

Clone Sarge would be a bad choice for the same reason.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• zBarriss or Clone Wars Chewie (he can taunt and soak up a ton of damage and then with Courage, can put out some heavy damage hits on the opposition).
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, Padme's unique would make Plo's TM gain move useless:

Padmé is immune to Fear. Whenever a Light Side ally loses Protection Up, they recover 5% Health. Allies can't gain or lose bonus Turn Meter.

This comment right here. The reason Plo was good for a hot minute under JKR was solely because of his teamwide TM gain special(which is literally useless under Padme). The rest of his kit is pretty unimpressive.

Barris / CW Chewie are much better options under Padme. Gear Plo because of his ship though, and you can slot him in under another Jedi leader (JKR/Bastilla) if you pull away GMY or GK for Padme.
  • willennium wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

This comment right here. The reason Plo was good for a hot minute under JKR was solely because of his teamwide TM gain special(which is literally useless under Padme). The rest of his kit is pretty unimpressive.

Barris / CW Chewie are much better options under Padme. Gear Plo because of his ship though, and you can slot him in under another Jedi leader (JKR/Bastilla) if you pull away GMY or GK for Padme.

Fair points by you and jarvind, although oddly the TM issue is what made clone Sgt a quick choice for the fifth whilst more considered options were developed: no point in omega the basic, can still cull TM on special and no need to build unique (until shaak ti ready).

Also need to think about a fifth for JKR. For arena, it's jka atm; but for raids or GA both jka and GK are with padme. For the moment, zezra is taking the fifth spot; rendering phoenix to defensive mode. Just got Hoda to 6*, but maybe Plo instead? GMY will be sticking with jkr
  • willennium wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Fair points by you and jarvind, although oddly the TM issue is what made clone Sgt a quick choice for the fifth whilst more considered options were developed: no point in omega the basic, can still cull TM on special and no need to build unique (until shaak ti ready).

Also need to think about a fifth for JKR. For arena, it's jka atm; but for raids or GA both jka and GK are with padme. For the moment, zezra is taking the fifth spot; rendering phoenix to defensive mode. Just got Hoda to 6*, but maybe Plo instead? GMY will be sticking with jkr

For jkr I use hoda and zarris and put on defense.

It's not a great squad, but just strong enough to force then to use a decent squad against it.
  • I have Plo and Mace at G11, almost 12. Obviously both stink, but at least they are both tanky and work under Padme lead. When you are trading minor league players you won't be crying anymore than you were already.
  • Jar Jar?
  • Have g13 Plo for ships, he's useless in squad lol