Is hk47 even worth using/ gearing up?

I currently have hk47 gear 12 and fully zetad and 2 gear from gear 13. I just finished filling all of Darth revan's zetas and got him to gear 12. Despite hk47 getting several boosts with Darth revan as leader I've used them in geo territory battle only to have hk get wiped out pretty fast. And any Darth revan team in squad arena dont run hk as far as I've seen. I'm willing to go to gear 13 for the droid for the sake of the malak event but is there any reason to use him anywhere else?

Replies

• He shines at r7, but it's a long haul. He also won't live as long in TB period, I imagine Geo TB.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    I currently have hk47 gear 12 and fully zetad and 2 gear from gear 13. I just finished filling all of Darth revan's zetas and got him to gear 12. Despite hk47 getting several boosts with Darth revan as leader I've used them in geo territory battle only to have hk get wiped out pretty fast. And any Darth revan team in squad arena dont run hk as far as I've seen. I'm willing to go to gear 13 for the droid for the sake of the malak event but is there any reason to use him anywhere else?

I've seen people use him in GG nuke teams, but idk why you're seeing bad results with him. What is the full team you are using?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    HK wiped out fast in TB? How many platoons / squadrons du you fill? For me he survives and did back at g12 +3 too.
  • Well it's kind of a mash up of Darth revan, bastila shan fallen, hk47, and then traya and the emperor for kicks as all are gear 12 and most are almost fully Zeta'd (only traya is missing 2 and palpatine with his lead zeta). The team does fairly well sometimes surviving up through round 3 of a territory battle and then gets obliterated on round 4. But once in a while like today I used this team in a fight and almost right away hk got destroyed before even making a move.
  • In terms of off-teams I make use of his tenacity down with jawas
  • @Coolnessda I take 1st daily in arena with HK, can do 3/4 in p4 of DSGTB too. HK is a boss.lzjng31m1qkp.jpg
    Well it's kind of a mash up of Darth revan, bastila shan fallen, hk47, and then traya and the emperor for kicks as all are gear 12 and most are almost fully Zeta'd (only traya is missing 2 and palpatine with his lead zeta). The team does fairly well sometimes surviving up through round 3 of a territory battle and then gets obliterated on round 4. But once in a while like today I used this team in a fight and almost right away hk got destroyed before even making a move.

You need a pretaunter.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    Well it's kind of a mash up of Darth revan, bastila shan fallen, hk47, and then traya and the emperor for kicks as all are gear 12 and most are almost fully Zeta'd (only traya is missing 2 and palpatine with his lead zeta). The team does fairly well sometimes surviving up through round 3 of a territory battle and then gets obliterated on round 4. But once in a while like today I used this team in a fight and almost right away hk got destroyed before even making a move.

You need a pretaunter.
    In arena yes, but I think OP's main concern here is DS TB. Most pretaunters have no real sustain outside of their team (SiT could survive with Traya, but not in P4 when debuffs are hardly sticking) and they tend to die in the first wave.

Investing in HK is definitely not a bad choice, but at some point you need to switch to full SE to unlock his potential.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Hk47 is a meta character. He's in 49% of teams that reach no.1 in the arena.

https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/

He's one of the hardest hitters in the game. My relic 6 HK47 frequently does more than 200k dmg during mirror matches. He's also rather durable I think, and recovers health and protection. I never lose him in the first three phases of the Geo TB.
  • I only pushed him to relic 2 and he does a fair amount of work. His bonus damage vs. Jedi comes up big in TB also.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

As others said, he shines at r7. That's where mine is and I run him in my DR arena squad. He also solos the endor event where you can use either empire or droids against the deadly ewoks. They cant damage enough for his reconstruction to not heal him
  • @Coolnessda I take 1st daily in arena with HK, can do 3/4 in p4 of DSGTB too. HK is a boss.lzjng31m1qkp.jpg

Just a question @Syth_Hunter why do people use GBA in DR teams
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    @Coolnessda I take 1st daily in arena with HK, can do 3/4 in p4 of DSGTB too. HK is a boss.lzjng31m1qkp.jpg

He spawns alpha when the match starts, alpha is a nice pretaunter to have around.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Mine is 12+5, I have no plans to upgrade him and he does super fine in first 3 phases. After all, it's malak taking most of the fire.
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    @Coolnessda I take 1st daily in arena with HK, can do 3/4 in p4 of DSGTB too. HK is a boss.lzjng31m1qkp.jpg

He spawns alpha when the match starts, alpha is a nice pretaunter to have around.

Thanks!
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA