Mandalorian Kit Idea with SPOILERS (updates weekly)

ScavengerLord
31 posts Member
edited November 2019
SPOILERS for E:3 currently

Hey guys. I think it is fun to make kits, so I am going to redo this one every time a new episode of the Mandalorian comes out. This will start a weekly trend. Feel free to leave your ideas and criticisms.

Unlock: Legendary with Jawas or Imperial troopers maybe? New Mando tag.

The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter, Mandalorian, attacker, Leader, Scoundrel

Basic- Blaster Shot: Deal physical damage to target enemy and remove 50% turn meter. If this is resisted, gain 25% turn meter.

Special 1- Amban Rifle: Deal physical damage to the target enemy. If Baby Yoda is afraid, also deal massive damage. Apply stun for one turn if the enemy is at full health.
Zeta: Apply armor shred to the target for the rest of the battle, which can’t be dispelled, resisted or copied, and reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 if it defeats an enemy.
Cooldown: 4

Special 2- Part of My Religion: Choose between weapons that can be used once each per round.
W1- Grappling Line: Stun the target enemy for 2 turns, which can’t be resisted. The Mandalorian gains ability block for 1 turn and a bonus turn.
W2- Flamethrower: Deal special damage to one enemy, then apply burning for 1 turn. Apply a damage over time effect for 2 turn for each stack of Beskar Steel, and 3 more If Baby Yoda is Afraid. This attack has +50% potency. These affects can’t be dispelled.
W3- Whistling birds: Deal Special Damage to all enemies 2 times. This attack has +100% offense if Baby Yoda has Afraid.
W4- Vibroblade: Deal physical damage to one enemy and remove all of their turn meter. Apply slow for 1 turn, or for 3 if Baby Yoda is afraid
Cooldown: 2 (starts on cooldown)
This would have a layout similar to tech.

Leadership- This is the Way- Mandalorian allies have +25 speed, and 30% more critical chance and damage. Whenever a Mandalorian ally is defeated, all Mandalorian allies attack whoever killed that Mandalorian, ignoring stealth and taunt. Then they gain 25% of that Mandalorian allies max health, max protection, offense, defense, and speed. Each Mandalorian can only trigger this ability once.
Zeta: The Mandalorian ignores taunt and stealth

Unique 1- Beskar Steel: at the beginning of the encounter, when he is revived, and at the start of each turn, the Mandalorian gains 3 stacks of the unique buff Beskar Steel. It cannot be dispelled, prevented, or copied. The Mandalorian takes 35% less damage for each stack, but when hit, loses a stack. Attacks that ignore armor ignore this affect. This can also block % health based damage.

Unique 2- Baby Yoda’s protector: Summon Baby Yoda into the ally spot at the start of the battle. Baby Yoda cannot be damaged, but instead, the Mandalorian takes bonus damage equal to the amount Baby Yoda would receive whenever he is attacked. Baby Yoda gains afraid for one turn whenever the Mandalorian takes damage for him. Afraid reduces Baby Yoda’s speed by 25%, which can’t be prevented, dispelled, or copied.

Unique 3- Summon: Baby Yoda- support
Baby Yoda’s stats scale with the Mandalorian’s, but he doesn’t have health. When the Mandalorian is defeated, BY retreats from the battle.
Basic- Stun a random enemy for 1 turn, which can’t be resisted, copied, or dispelled. The Mandalorian regains 5% protection.
Post edited by ScavengerLord on

Replies

• I would say Mando is more of an attacker than a tank.
    Also, he's a BH that has no synergies with other BH, not even a contract or payout. Since all other Mandos in the game are crap, you'll be using him in a BH team, of which he has no synergy.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
    Also, he's a BH that has no synergies with other BH, not even a contract or payout. Since all other Mandos in the game are crap, you'll be using him in a BH team, of which he has no synergy.

I think your right about the role. I was thinking of the armor when I labeled it, but i think he could be a tank.

I didn’t want to add bounty hunter synergy though because his kit is already big enough and that’s not his focus in the show.

I think you're right about the role. I was thinking of the armor when I labeled it, but I think he could be a tank.

I didn’t want to add Bounty Hunter synergy though because his kit is already big enough and that’s not his focus in the show.

He doesn't need BH synergy, that isn't his character. He isn't someone who works with other BH, he is a Mandalorian. Just because the *current* Mandalorian characters in game aren't that great doesn't mean that there won't be future ones who aren't much better. Keep his Mando synergy, this kit is actually very cool.

He could be either attacker or tank, but he's moreso of an attacker.That's his style.

When you say "round" for the three tech-like abilities, do you mean encounter (wave, such as 1/8 in assault battles) or battle (set of waves, all 8/8 a la assault battles)? I'd assume encounter, but I just want to make sure.

His leadership should be better. The bonuses aren't very impactful at all, 20 speed is just another (good) mod but it isn't much, 20% max protection is ok, still not great though and 20% crit damage is nothing. I really think you should consider increasing this bonuses OR adding another cool feature, like giving all other Mandos the Beskar steel buff the way he has it. Just a suggestion, but I would definitely recommend reworking that part.

I really love everything else. Maybe rename the "blaster shot" and "amban rifle" to something more unique like "Warm or Cold" and "My Religion" respectively, or something of the sort that references the show, just give a more personal feel.
  • I think the special with his rifle should have a chance to stun as well, maybe just 25%?
    It would also be worth thinking about a special similar to DN’s annihilate with those special bullets that just vaporize people.
    Fun read, thanks.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Mando should have a disintegration ability - Starts on Cool down for 8 rounds. Similar to DN, units defeated by disintegration can not be revived.

He could have the Mandalorian Resolve - revive buff at the start of the battle.

The Beskar steel buffs could be triggered by his bounty hunter payout.

If he is the leader grant 3 stacks of beskar steel buffs to BH allies when payout is achieved.

Note: There are no other true Mandalorian characters in the game, maybe they will add some but his leadership should be for Bounty Hunters.

• I think the special with his rifle should have a chance to stun as well, maybe just 25%?
    It would also be worth thinking about a special similar to DN’s annihilate with those special bullets that just vaporize people.
    Fun read, thanks.

I actually had a stun in a first, but didn’t know if I should keep it. I have a massive damage instead of an annihilate, but it has a low cooldown. I’ll add the stun back.

• Sentia wrote: »
    Mando should have a disintegration ability - Starts on Cool down for 8 rounds. Similar to DN, units defeated by disintegration can not be revived.

He could have the Mandalorian Resolve - revive buff at the start of the battle.

The Beskar steel buffs could be triggered by his bounty hunter payout.

If he is the leader grant 3 stacks of beskar steel buffs to BH allies when payout is achieved.

Note: There are no other true Mandalorian characters in the game, maybe they will add some but his leadership should be for Bounty Hunters.

The buff is called Bounty Hunters Resolve.

Aren't Gar and ISC true Mandos?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Changes:
    Changed ability names.
    Added conditional stun on ability one
    Changed Mando to attacker
    Changed leadership