Let us choose between LS/DS at least for Geo TB because they are different difficulty

Prev13
With new LS TB having increased requirements by this extreme margin. Pretty mach 25% GP requirement increase. Allow guilds to choose between LS and DS.

In Hoth TBs i understand the rotation since both were pretty much similar difficulty. But with new Geo TBs they are not. The LS TB feels like another step up.

So if the rewards will not be also greatly boosted by similar margin to offset this and you make the LS/DS rotation mandatory, than this will only frustrate a lot of guilds since you will pretty much make the gearing and progress even slower.

Not even mentions that i can imagine some guilds now doing DS Hoth + DS Geo rotation that will probably be impossible with force LS/DS rotation.

Replies

• No
  • Yes
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    No

Why not? With the new Journey Guide they are allowing new players to do old events when ever they want them. So why not allow us to do which ever TB we wants? It is almost same thing.
  • There's no chance of that happening. People spend when they have to gear up characters. It would make no business sense for them to remove the need to gear up all these characters, especially since they have invested time and money developing this TB.
  • Hoth ds is much harder than ls, one tends to forget because we are all much over the difficulty curve now.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    Hoth ds is much harder than ls, one tends to forget because we are all much over the difficulty curve now.

Are you sure? I was playing DS and LS Hoth in 50mil GP guild like year ago and we were getting a pretty much same stars in both of them maybe even a bit more in DS one. They also have pretty much same GP and character * requirements, so i dont think this is even close to similar to new Geo LS that looks like will be at least 25% harder.
  • ShawDou wrote: »
    Hoth ds is much harder than ls, one tends to forget because we are all much over the difficulty curve now.

Are you sure? I was playing DS and LS Hoth in 50mil GP guild like year ago and we were getting a pretty much same stars in both of them maybe even a bit more in DS one. They also have pretty much same GP and character * requirements, so i dont think this is even close to similar to new Geo LS that looks like will be at least 25% harder.

Yes, I'm sure. First tbs came aeons ago. Ofc they are super easy now. I can't make a % comparison though since we have no metric for that. Bear in mind amount of *s in tbs are different as well.

I think the Imp Trooper mission is harder than its Rogue One equivalent in LS Hoth. But other than that it really is about the same. I actually found fleet missions easier in DS Hoth early on thanks to HT.

Hoth DS was definitely harder. SMs and CMs required more gear than Hoth LS. It also had three more stars than Hoth LS.

I think the Imp Trooper mission is harder than its Rogue One equivalent in LS Hoth. But other than that it really is about the same. I actually found fleet missions easier in DS Hoth early on thanks to HT.

Sure...except most of the standart units of current era weren't existent then.

Curious how something you've never played can look 25% harder.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »

It was quite a bit harder. There were more stars in DS and the extra ones were easy to get so if you were at the same star count in LS and DS that was actually evidence of DS being harder. You were farther from the max.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Pretty simple. The requirements on several missions in Geo DS TB are 16,5k GP. On Geo LS TB it is 21k-23k. So if you take 16,5k unit as base. Than units with 21k-23k have pretty much approx 25-40% higher GP. So are considerably stronger so missions will probably be also harder.
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Pretty simple. The requirements on several missions in Geo DS TB are 16,5k GP. On Geo LS TB it is 21k-23k. So if you take 16,5k unit as base. Than units with 21k-23k have pretty much approx 25-40% higher GP. So are considerably stronger so missions will probably be also harder.
    So why would they let you choose to do only DS, allowing you to get more of everything but Ki-Adi Mundi shards while completely neglecting investing into LS teams?

So why would they let you choose to do only DS, allowing you to get more of everything but Ki-Adi Mundi shards while completely neglecting investing into LS teams?

And why wouldn't they? They were partially allowing it to us for past several months. Guilds were able to do only DS. You could run DS Geo one time and then DS Hoth second time.

Now we will have 4 different TBs with 4 different character shards and maybe even 4 different difficulties. By adding Geo LS they are TAKING AWAY CHOICE from guilds that run only DS. And they are doing it at the same time when they are (looks like) actually giving players choice to select their time to go for event character.

So when is better time to ask for this? To ask for ability to choose which content your guild want to run? I know that we will probably not get it, but can you tell me why ppl are against it? Why they dont want to have the choice? I just cant understand that.
  • Looking at the reqs and no Jedi love this time around I am a little concerned. Especially with the closing of this era and new trilogy era here for a long while.

I only looked at the reqs a few times and am just speculating on platoons but I feel the hardest req will be the Jedi ones. Most of the good Jedi toons are main pieces in other teams. Geodstb platoons really require leader positions which makes it a bit more difficult.

Obviously this content is supposed to take a while to achieve mastery and we all will at different times.

I’m thinking Res, cls rebels, and jkr teams will pop up as the main teams but they can be extinguished quickly if the ai is built to counter them or platoons require a lot of their leads.

We have to wait and see of course.
    I’m excited for episode 9 because I hope it brings more teams/sub factions to help with the tbs.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    You can choose. Do DS, then choose not to do LS, and do Hoth, or nothing :-)
  • You're just speculating. We haven't done the LS Geo TB yet so you can't really say it's more difficult. The opposition in the DS Geo TB are G13s. Just because the minimum GP entrance requirements are higher, that doesn't mean the opposition is any more or less difficult. The minimum GPs are there to force us to gear up more characters and prevent people from being able to get through battles with only 3 or 4 strong characters.
  • Tiig wrote: »
    You can choose. Do DS, then choose not to do LS, and do Hoth, or nothing :-)

I would like to chose do Geo DS and then Hoth DS for IPD shards, but probably will not be able to, but now i can do that so they are removing some of the choices. ;)
  • You're just speculating. We haven't done the LS Geo TB yet so you can't really say it's more difficult. The opposition in the DS Geo TB are G13s. Just because the minimum GP entrance requirements are higher, that doesn't mean the opposition is any more or less difficult. The minimum GPs are there to force us to gear up more characters and prevent people from being able to get through battles with only 3 or 4 strong characters.

Well it is pretty much same, it does not matter if it is real difficulty or artificial made by requirements. If you need characters on 21k-23k than it does not matter if you will be able to clear it with them or not. You still need to gear them to that GP. Now when i think about it, it is even worse since you cant cheat it with faster mods and luck.
  • It's pretty simple. They are stretching out the play-ability of the game long term. This isn't much of an instant gratification game. It's a grind, always has been. They just made more to grind for.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • So most of you guys think my idea of giving guild choice is bad and what they are doing is great and would you never want to have chance to pick content you want to play based on actual circumstances of your guild?

Because from most posts it feels like that is exactly what ppl think, since most posts only argue with me. :p
  • It's pretty simple. They are stretching out the play-ability of the game long term. This isn't much of an instant gratification game. It's a grind, always has been. They just made more to grind for.

The requirements of GS and Arc trooper are 7* determined that is a truth lol
    So most of you guys think my idea of giving guild choice is bad and what they are doing is great and would you never want to have chance to pick content you want to play based on actual circumstances of your guild?

Because from most posts it feels like that is exactly what ppl think, since most posts only argue with me. :p
    Are you also annoyed by the fact that you can't start two HSTR raids with the same currency instead of one HAAT and one HSTR?

No one in this thread came across as someone against a guild having choices. You practically want to skip investing in teams and playing a certain content, while maintaining better rewards and you try to sell it as a fair choice that we should have. This is the part people don't seem to agree with.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

And why wouldn't they? They were partially allowing it to us for past several months. Guilds were able to do only DS. You could run DS Geo one time and then DS Hoth second time.

Now we will have 4 different TBs with 4 different character shards and maybe even 4 different difficulties. By adding Geo LS they are TAKING AWAY CHOICE from guilds that run only DS. And they are doing it at the same time when they are (looks like) actually giving players choice to select their time to go for event character.

So when is better time to ask for this? To ask for ability to choose which content your guild want to run? I know that we will probably not get it, but can you tell me why ppl are against it? Why they dont want to have the choice? I just cant understand that.

We never had the options to choose between 4 different tbs, but the options to choose between hoth and geo. This won't change. I want many things in this game, I want haat and hstr rewards to be better. But your -option to pick in between tb variety- thus -option to pick ls/ds- doesn't logically follow eachother. It was never intended that way, just like previous campaign to run both tbs together didn't.
    So most of you guys think my idea of giving guild choice is bad and what they are doing is great and would you never want to have chance to pick content you want to play based on actual circumstances of your guild?

Are you also annoyed by the fact that you can't start two HSTR raids with the same currency instead of one HAAT and one HSTR?

No one in this thread came across as someone against a guild having choices. You practically want to skip investing in teams and playing a certain content, while maintaining better rewards and you try to sell it as a fair choice that we should have. This is the part people don't seem to agree with.

Who said i dont want to invest into teams. Sure i want to progress, but if LS Geo will have same rewards as DS with higher requirements than it is pure nerf to the progress for most of guilds. So not sure why you try to blame me for wanting to keep same rewards and level of choices as we were getting now. :D
  • No_Try wrote: »

We never had the options to choose between 4 different tbs, but the options to choose between hoth and geo. This won't change. I want many things in this game, I want haat and hstr rewards to be better. But your -option to pick in between tb variety- thus -option to pick ls/ds- doesn't logically follow eachother. It was never intended that way, just like previous campaign to run both tbs together didn't.

We also never had options to do character unlock events any time we wanted, but still they are doing it now? How is that different?

And saying it was not intended this way? Why than we were able to do it for last few months? If they wanted to keep LS/DS they could easy do LS hoth one rotation and DS Hoth/DS Geo next rotation. But they didnt. They wanted to give ppl more rewards, but with Geo LS if it is really that hard as it looks they are probably taking that rewards increase back.

We still dont know, but it feels that way.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

We also never had options to do character unlock events any time we wanted, but still they are doing it now? How is that different?

And saying it was not intended this way? Why than we were able to do it for last few months? If they wanted to keep LS/DS they could easy do LS hoth one rotation and DS Hoth/DS Geo next rotation. But they didnt. They wanted to give ppl more rewards, but with Geo LS if it is really that hard as it looks they are probably taking that rewards increase back.

Do I need to showcase unlock events thing is for events way past their prime(1 year+) and intended for more casual/newbie players?

We didn't have that option since geo tb launch. We merely had the option to pick in between tb varieties where geo tb only had 1 leg. We never had such an option with hoth either.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Do I need to showcase unlock events thing is for events way past their prime(1 year+) and intended for more casual/newbie players?

We didn't have that option since geo tb launch. We merely had the option to pick in between tb varieties where geo tb only had 1 leg. We never had such an option with hoth either.

Ok lets use your argument and change my idea. Hoth TBs are also way past their prime(1 year+) and intended for more casual/newbie players and they said they want to help casual/newbies progress, so why not give them option to pick which TB they want to play? ;)