Let us choose between LS/DS at least for Geo TB because they are different difficulty

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    ShawDou wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Hoth ds is much harder than ls, one tends to forget because we are all much over the difficulty curve now.

Are you sure? I was playing DS and LS Hoth in 50mil GP guild like year ago and we were getting a pretty much same stars in both of them maybe even a bit more in DS one. They also have pretty much same GP and character * requirements, so i dont think this is even close to similar to new Geo LS that looks like will be at least 25% harder.

Curious how something you've never played can look 25% harder.

Pretty simple. The requirements on several missions in Geo DS TB are 16,5k GP. On Geo LS TB it is 21k-23k. So if you take 16,5k unit as base. Than units with 21k-23k have pretty much approx 25-40% higher GP. So are considerably stronger so missions will probably be also harder.
    So why would they let you choose to do only DS, allowing you to get more of everything but Ki-Adi Mundi shards while completely neglecting investing into LS teams?

And why wouldn't they? They were partially allowing it to us for past several months. Guilds were able to do only DS. You could run DS Geo one time and then DS Hoth second time.

Now we will have 4 different TBs with 4 different character shards and maybe even 4 different difficulties. By adding Geo LS they are TAKING AWAY CHOICE from guilds that run only DS. And they are doing it at the same time when they are (looks like) actually giving players choice to select their time to go for event character.

So when is better time to ask for this? To ask for ability to choose which content your guild want to run? I know that we will probably not get it, but can you tell me why ppl are against it? Why they dont want to have the choice? I just cant understand that.

We never had the options to choose between 4 different tbs, but the options to choose between hoth and geo. This won't change. I want many things in this game, I want haat and hstr rewards to be better. But your -option to pick in between tb variety- thus -option to pick ls/ds- doesn't logically follow eachother. It was never intended that way, just like previous campaign to run both tbs together didn't.

We also never had options to do character unlock events any time we wanted, but still they are doing it now? How is that different?

And saying it was not intended this way? Why than we were able to do it for last few months? If they wanted to keep LS/DS they could easy do LS hoth one rotation and DS Hoth/DS Geo next rotation. But they didnt. They wanted to give ppl more rewards, but with Geo LS if it is really that hard as it looks they are probably taking that rewards increase back.

We still dont know, but it feels that way.

Do I need to showcase unlock events thing is for events way past their prime(1 year+) and intended for more casual/newbie players?

We didn't have that option since geo tb launch. We merely had the option to pick in between tb varieties where geo tb only had 1 leg. We never had such an option with hoth either.

Ok lets use your argument and change my idea. Hoth TBs are also way past their prime(1 year+) and intended for more casual/newbie players and they said they want to help casual/newbies progress, so why not give them option to pick which TB they want to play? ;)

Allowing people to grab certain toons had nothing to do with resource economy. They are not giving free thrawns either, they are merely eliminating the schedule factor.

Everyone understand why you are asking to pick in between tbs, it's not because of preference but merely to grab more resources while spending half of the investment.
  • Options
    Hoth ds is much harder than ls, one tends to forget because we are all much over the difficulty curve now.

Are you sure? I was playing DS and LS Hoth in 50mil GP guild like year ago and we were getting a pretty much same stars in both of them maybe even a bit more in DS one. They also have pretty much same GP and character * requirements, so i dont think this is even close to similar to new Geo LS that looks like will be at least 25% harder.

Pretty simple. The requirements on several missions in Geo DS TB are 16,5k GP. On Geo LS TB it is 21k-23k. So if you take 16,5k unit as base. Than units with 21k-23k have pretty much approx 25-40% higher GP. So are considerably stronger so missions will probably be also harder.
    So why would they let you choose to do only DS, allowing you to get more of everything but Ki-Adi Mundi shards while completely neglecting investing into LS teams?

And why wouldn't they? They were partially allowing it to us for past several months. Guilds were able to do only DS. You could run DS Geo one time and then DS Hoth second time.

Now we will have 4 different TBs with 4 different character shards and maybe even 4 different difficulties. By adding Geo LS they are TAKING AWAY CHOICE from guilds that run only DS. And they are doing it at the same time when they are (looks like) actually giving players choice to select their time to go for event character.

So when is better time to ask for this? To ask for ability to choose which content your guild want to run? I know that we will probably not get it, but can you tell me why ppl are against it? Why they dont want to have the choice? I just cant understand that.

We never had the options to choose between 4 different tbs, but the options to choose between hoth and geo. This won't change. I want many things in this game, I want haat and hstr rewards to be better. But your -option to pick in between tb variety- thus -option to pick ls/ds- doesn't logically follow eachother. It was never intended that way, just like previous campaign to run both tbs together didn't.

We also never had options to do character unlock events any time we wanted, but still they are doing it now? How is that different?

And saying it was not intended this way? Why than we were able to do it for last few months? If they wanted to keep LS/DS they could easy do LS hoth one rotation and DS Hoth/DS Geo next rotation. But they didnt. They wanted to give ppl more rewards, but with Geo LS if it is really that hard as it looks they are probably taking that rewards increase back.

Do I need to showcase unlock events thing is for events way past their prime(1 year+) and intended for more casual/newbie players?

We didn't have that option since geo tb launch. We merely had the option to pick in between tb varieties where geo tb only had 1 leg. We never had such an option with hoth either.

Ok lets use your argument and change my idea. Hoth TBs are also way past their prime(1 year+) and intended for more casual/newbie players and they said they want to help casual/newbies progress, so why not give them option to pick which TB they want to play? ;)
    I don't think you are winning an argunent here by twisting the meaning of what others say.

Accept it or not, TB in it's current format is meant to be an alternation of LS and DS content. It was not about choosing between LS and DS TB in the first place, but since DS Geo had no counter part until now, you could pick DS content over LS for a while.

It won't change the fact that the choice is, and will be, about Geo and Hoth and less so about the affiliation of the factions used.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    When DS Hoth TB was introduced, it was also significantly more difficult than LS Hoth TB. That was my incentive to begin developing my DS roster more. I caught up back then. We will adapt and catch up eventually with LS Geos TB as well.
  • Options

Allowing people to grab certain toons had nothing to do with resource economy. They are not giving free thrawns either, they are merely eliminating the schedule factor.

Everyone understand why you are asking to pick in between tbs, it's not because of preference but merely to grab more resources while spending half of the investment.

Well not exactly, my main reason for that would be to get IPD shards, while still be able to do Geo TB for GET2 :p

But even if it was that one. I can now see why CG can increasing cash grab and gear progression walls in this game all the time. Because ppl like you are actually defending their decisions and even argument that we are already getting too much stuff and gear from game that reducing them is good thing. :disappointed:
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Well not exactly, my main reason for that would be to get IPD shards, while still be able to do Geo TB for GET2 :p

But even if it was that one. I can now see why CG can increasing cash grab and gear progression walls in this game all the time. Because ppl like you are actually defending their decisions and even argument that we are already getting too much stuff and gear from game that reducing them is good thing. :disappointed:

Yea, ofc. It's because -people like me- understand why cg does the stuff they do the way they do it, instead of blindly asking for short term gratification like the majority does.

Let's assume for some reason they tripled the resource income flow and eliminated gear bottlenecks, where do you think that will lead to? Past precedent shows as soon as the flock starts catching up a bit they immediately move the goal post. And rinse&repeat.
  • Options
    They set a precedent when they allowed us (or forced us, depending on how you look at it) to choose between Hoth and Geo because they didn't want to give us more rewards. No reason not to do the same again.

I'm saying that as someone with a very LS-heavy roster. Most of my 13 relic toons are Jedi and nearly all of them are LS. I'd love to take a look at LS Geo, but if my guild as a whole would do better in DS, let's do that instead. High GP guilds had plenty of time to farm Negotiators for themselves and their alts without having to build strong GR teams. Give the rest of us an opportunity to catch up.
  • Options

You'll sleep better when you simply mute the habitual contrarian brigade. They descend upon every thread and argue the opposite even if they're shooting themselves in the foot (assuming they are indeed fellow players). Engage them in a drawn-out debate and it seems to observers as if the player base is split on something that is a no-brainer. Ignore them and chances are they'll wander off to find more promising prey.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

You'll sleep better when you simply mute the habitual contrarian brigade. They descend upon every thread and argue the opposite even if they're shooting themselves in the foot (assuming they are indeed fellow players). Engage them in a drawn-out debate and it seems to observers as if the player base is split on something that is a no-brainer. Ignore them and chances are they'll wander off to find more promising prey.

Option to skip new content is a no-brainer majority can agree on. Ok.
  • Options
    They set a precedent when they allowed us (or forced us, depending on how you look at it) to choose between Hoth and Geo because they didn't want to give us more rewards. No reason not to do the same again.

I'm saying that as someone with a very LS-heavy roster. Most of my 13 relic toons are Jedi and nearly all of them are LS. I'd love to take a look at LS Geo, but if my guild as a whole would do better in DS, let's do that instead. High GP guilds had plenty of time to farm Negotiators for themselves and their alts without having to build strong GR teams. Give the rest of us an opportunity to catch up.

This is exactly why they will only let us choose between Both and Geonosis and not between light and dark. They've said several times that they want to encourage us to build our entire roster.

I'd like to be able to do DSGTB for a couple of more months too. But it's not going to happen.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Some additional points I didn't see mentioned here:
    - We get an extra ship zone up front. For most guilds doing modestly well in DSGeo, that'll be an extra 2 stars essentially for free.
    - Every zone other than 3bottom has a fight with no power minimum, usually just any 7 star LS. (The 3bottom combats might be a typo - very strange to have only 1 combat and it's restricted.)
    - The vast majority of fights with a power min are special missions, and thus won't impact star count.
    - The P1 specials have no power min. Overall we have no reason to believe the specials will be significantly harder than DSGeo specials. The Nute special is not easy, and the next easiest get 2 special is Acklay. It does look like KAM special is harder than Wat however.
    - The 7* vs 6* requirement is an issue, but I think that mostly impacts platoons. Outside of GBA and Malak, 6* toons aren't really viable anywhere in DSGeo.

LS Geo will be harder, but will it be so much harder that the extra ship zone stars don't balance it out? We'll have to wait and see. I expect it will be like DSHoth - at first stars will be slightly lower, but within a month or two they will be about the same. Certainly I don't expect the rewards to drop so much that doing LS Hoth is better.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

CG set a precedent back when DS Hoth TB was introduced without allowing guilds to choose between LS and DS. Choosing between Hoth and Geonosis TB and choosing between LS and DS are two different things.
    I'm saying that as someone with a very LS-heavy roster. Most of my 13 relic toons are Jedi and nearly all of them are LS. I'd love to take a look at LS Geo, but if my guild as a whole would do better in DS, let's do that instead.

Where would the insentive to work on their "weaker side" be for your guild, if they could always keep using their "stronger side" only?
    High GP guilds had plenty of time to farm Negotiators for themselves and their alts without having to build strong GR teams. Give the rest of us an opportunity to catch up.

Yes, guilds with stronger rosters, can perform better in TB. I see no problem here.

• Options
    I'm not sure I'm getting the whole choice thing. If you want to be able to choose which TB you want to do every single time.....no thats not going to happen and nor should it. When it was only Hoth, its was TB1 - light side, TB2- dark side....end of story.

The only thing I am hoping for is to have the choices set up like this: Assume TB's rank for easiest to hardest (Hoth - LS, Hoth - DS, Geo - DS, Geo - LS

TB1 would be a choice between Hoth - LS and Geo - DS
    TB2 would be a choice between Hoth - DS and Geo - LS

This would make the most sense, since it would provide a natural progression. Newer guilds would do both Hoths. The next step up would be Geo - DS and Hoth - DS and the elite guilds could do pure Geo.

Hopefully they set it up that way
  • Options
    Oaktree168 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'm getting the whole choice thing. If you want to be able to choose which TB you want to do every single time.....no thats not going to happen and nor should it. When it was only Hoth, its was TB1 - light side, TB2- dark side....end of story.

The only thing I am hoping for is to have the choices set up like this: Assume TB's rank for easiest to hardest (Hoth - LS, Hoth - DS, Geo - DS, Geo - LS

TB1 would be a choice between Hoth - LS and Geo - DS
    TB2 would be a choice between Hoth - DS and Geo - LS

This would make the most sense, since it would provide a natural progression. Newer guilds would do both Hoths. The next step up would be Geo - DS and Hoth - DS and the elite guilds could do pure Geo.

Hopefully they set it up that way

I doubt they'll set it up so that guilds could do just light side or just dark side TBs. CG wants to strongly encourage people to work on their whole roster.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I doubt they'll set it up so that guilds could do just light side or just dark side TBs. CG wants to strongly encourage people to work on their whole roster.

Valid point. Wasnt thinking about it that way, but what you are saying is true. Lol.....I just have no desire to go back to LS Hoth as we are prob gonna need a LS geo TB or 2 to pass to get our toons ready

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    More like strongly encourage people to buy gear to be able to play the newest content... ;)
  • Options

Why do you want IPD shards anyways? It's pretty useless nowadays. If you really want them, just buy them in the guild event store
  • Options
    Ok guys for everyone who was comparing Geo to Hoth look once more. That is not even close to similar. Geo LS is whole new level.

Acording to this first phase of Geo LS needs pretty much more GP than 3rd phase of Geo DS. So it looks like a loooot harder for pretty much almost same GET rewards.

https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Geonosis_Republic_Offensive
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Hoth DS TB (second to be introduced) was also significantly harder than Hoth LS TB (first to be introduced) , when it was introduced. Quite similar scenario.
  • Options
    The problem is that they are making guilds choose between the easiest and hardest TB. For many guilds, LS geo requirements are currently out of reach but LS Hoth is trivial. If they wanted to force LS/DS switching, it would have made much more sense to have the difficulty progression be LS Hoth, DS Hoth, LS Geo, DS Geo. That would’ve allowed guilds to pick the TBs that are at least semi-appropriate for their level. Instead the choice for many is “content” that’s not fun because it’s too easy/pure auto or content that’s not fun because it’s too difficult/can’t even attempt missions.

But given the incredibly lazy design mechanisms of platoons and now hard GP requirements, it’s no surprise that actual TB player experience continues to feel half baked.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I get your point.
    You are being explored and you still defend your explorers.

We have a name to this condition: Stockholm syndrome.

Yea, ofc. It's because -people like me- understand why cg does the stuff they do the way they do it, instead of blindly asking for short term gratification like the majority does.

Let's assume for some reason they tripled the resource income flow and eliminated gear bottlenecks, where do you think that will lead to? Past precedent shows as soon as the flock starts catching up a bit they immediately move the goal post. And rinse&repeat.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    GJO wrote: »
    I get your point.
    You are being explored and you still defend your explorers.

We have a name to this condition: Stockholm syndrome.

Not really. It's the very nature of the game and of f2p gaming in general. One either comes in terms with that nature or simply drops it. At some point that's what we are all gonna do. Let's not forget at the time it happens my cash tab will still be 0$.

You are free to ask for more stuff and delusion yourself you are actually profiting when they open the flood gates a bit, only to build a few more layers on the dam right after. It's one giant skinner box.
  • Options
    So it looks like a loooot harder for pretty much almost same GET rewards.
    The GET rewards are approximately 5 stars better. The rewards for LS are the same as 3 stars higher in DS, and for most guilds used to DSGeo the extra fleet zone is essentially 2 extra stars for free. Plus the LSGeo loot box has relic parts.

That said, I expect our rewards to drop. We are getting 20-21 in DSGeo, and I guessing 12-14 stars in LS (which is like 15-17 DS rewards). Still not worth dropping down to Hoth though.
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    The GET rewards are approximately 5 stars better. The rewards for LS are the same as 3 stars higher in DS, and for most guilds used to DSGeo the extra fleet zone is essentially 2 extra stars for free. Plus the LSGeo loot box has relic parts.

That said, I expect our rewards to drop. We are getting 20-21 in DSGeo, and I guessing 12-14 stars in LS (which is like 15-17 DS rewards). Still not worth dropping down to Hoth though.

Btw it is 2,5-3 star rewards difference. With 200-135% GP requirements.

33 Stars for DS is 6650 - 7350 - 900 which is similar to 31/32 LS. 16 star DS is similar to 13 LS.

But for me worst thing they done with this TB is they are lowering phase progressions differences.(Not sure if it is best word for it). With comparison to previous TBs it looks like they are making the earlier phases harder and late easier.

Bellow is GP increase per phase (just for characters) with comparison to Geo DS
    P1 = 204%
    P2 = 166%
    P3 = 175%
    P4 = 137%

You can clearly see that it is pretty much decreasing, so the earlier phase are much less GP different that later phases. Which means this TB has much worse progression route than rest of them. Simply because differences of star requirements between phases are much smaller => slowing progress thru it. This making progression for more stars not linear but more like exponentiation. At lower and middle points you will get very little stars, but once you get over some threshold you will start to get a lot more.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Hoth DS TB (second to be introduced) was also significantly harder than Hoth LS TB (first to be introduced) , when it was introduced. Quite similar scenario.

There was definitely not this kind of difference between Hoth TBs.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »

Btw it is 2,5-3 star rewards difference. With 200-135% GP requirements.

33 Stars for DS is 6650 - 7350 - 900 which is similar to 31/32 LS. 16 star DS is similar to 13 LS.

But for me worst thing they done with this TB is they are lowering phase progressions differences.(Not sure if it is best word for it). With comparison to previous TBs it looks like they are making the earlier phases harder and late easier.

Bellow is GP increase per phase (just for characters) with comparison to Geo DS
    P1 = 204%
    P2 = 166%
    P3 = 175%
    P4 = 137%

You can clearly see that it is pretty much decreasing, so the earlier phase are much less GP different that later phases. Which means this TB has much worse progression route than rest of them. Simply because differences of star requirements between phases are much smaller => slowing progress thru it. This making progression for more stars not linear but more like exponentiation. At lower and middle points you will get very little stars, but once you get over some threshold you will start to get a lot more.
    Waqui wrote: »

There was definitely not this kind of difference between Hoth TBs.

I see, sound logic. We'll see in 10 days where various gp guilds fall in comparison to ds geo. Not necessarily the star rating, but the rewards comparison. If I remember the values correctly, 26 star ds breaks even with 23 star ls. But due to extreme needs of first 2 phases that might not be possible.
  • Options
    First, there are plenty of in-game incentives to build up your LS toons besides just LS Geo TB. No one is going to stop working on LS Geo TB if you could choose between DS & LS Geo tbs.
    • There's the fact that LS Geo provides better rewards, so people will want to get there eventually anyway.
    • There's Ki Adi Mundi, whom players will want.
    • There's the OT squad of CLS/RH/3P0/Chewie/R2, whom players will want to have and gear just because they're the original heroes (minus Leia - I really wish she'd get some love)
    • There's TW and GAC where a number of LS squads are key either on offense or on defense.
    • There's JKR who is a key squad for many things, including for getting DR and Malak who are necessary for DS Geo TB, so you'll have to gear up those LS toons just to do better on DS Geo.
    • There's G$, who requires a very strong Padme squad, and at least a few strong clones (for the fleet event).

So with 2 reasons to want to choose Geo TB even when it's both harder and optional, people are going to want to build their rosters towards that. Plus with all these other reasons to build up LS toons, there's just no reason to believe critics of the Choose-your-own-TB idea are right when they say that denying choice is necessary to encourage work on LS toons.

Second, there's the fact that the game is supposed to be fun. That's the whole purpose of a game. If your light side choice is between the pitifully easy Hoth TB and the too-hard-to-even-try Geo TB, then you have half of your TBs guaranteed to be no fun whatsoever.

For those keeping score at home, that's bad.

Third, although I've spelled out reasons why people might choose one TB over the other that have nothing to do with maximizing rewards for a given level of investment, the people who are criticizing this are wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

This is a resource management game. There are reasons why new players getting their first zeta today aren't spending it on Vader's leadership. They are maximizing their ability to get rewards for a given level of investment. This is, literally, THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE GAME.

Acting now like it's somehow wrong to want to get as many rewards as you can for the resources you have available is just flaunting how little you understand about the nature of the game itself.

Now, I'm of the mind that it's incredibly unlikely that CG will give us the option to choose DS Geo TB every time (or DS Geo/DS Hoth on rotation). But if your criticism is that people are trying to get more rewards for a given amount of invested resources (and yes, a number of you have criticized the OP and others for exactly that), then you clearly don't get this game at all.

:D:D:D This is me, laughing at all y'all who think it was somehow bad or wrong to want to maximize rewards for your resource level.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    First, there are plenty of in-game incentives to build up your LS toons besides just LS Geo TB. No one is going to stop working on LS Geo TB if you could choose between DS & LS Geo tbs.
    • There's the fact that LS Geo provides better rewards, so people will want to get there eventually anyway.
    • There's Ki Adi Mundi, whom players will want.
    • There's the OT squad of CLS/RH/3P0/Chewie/R2, whom players will want to have and gear just because they're the original heroes (minus Leia - I really wish she'd get some love)
    • There's TW and GAC where a number of LS squads are key either on offense or on defense.
    • There's JKR who is a key squad for many things, including for getting DR and Malak who are necessary for DS Geo TB, so you'll have to gear up those LS toons just to do better on DS Geo.
    • There's G$, who requires a very strong Padme squad, and at least a few strong clones (for the fleet event).

So with 2 reasons to want to choose Geo TB even when it's both harder and optional, people are going to want to build their rosters towards that. Plus with all these other reasons to build up LS toons, there's just no reason to believe critics of the Choose-your-own-TB idea are right when they say that denying choice is necessary to encourage work on LS toons.

Second, there's the fact that the game is supposed to be fun. That's the whole purpose of a game. If your light side choice is between the pitifully easy Hoth TB and the too-hard-to-even-try Geo TB, then you have half of your TBs guaranteed to be no fun whatsoever.

For those keeping score at home, that's bad.

Third, although I've spelled out reasons why people might choose one TB over the other that have nothing to do with maximizing rewards for a given level of investment, the people who are criticizing this are wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

This is a resource management game. There are reasons why new players getting their first zeta today aren't spending it on Vader's leadership. They are maximizing their ability to get rewards for a given level of investment. This is, literally, THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE GAME.

Acting now like it's somehow wrong to want to get as many rewards as you can for the resources you have available is just flaunting how little you understand about the nature of the game itself.

Now, I'm of the mind that it's incredibly unlikely that CG will give us the option to choose DS Geo TB every time (or DS Geo/DS Hoth on rotation). But if your criticism is that people are trying to get more rewards for a given amount of invested resources (and yes, a number of you have criticized the OP and others for exactly that), then you clearly don't get this game at all.

:D:D:D This is me, laughing at all y'all who think it was somehow bad or wrong to want to maximize rewards for your resource level.

Yet, the game had no such option on hoth. Perhaps the game is running against your idea of what the game is.
  • Options
    @No_Try

LOL.

Are you having trouble reading? I said that CG probably would grant the option, but you were down on people for wanting to get the maximum payout for a given investment of resources. I quote:

I'm not laughing at you for thinking CG won't offer us the choice. I'm laughing at you because you thought a valid critique was that people are trying to get the best rewards they can for a given level of roster development.

If only you had tried a little harder at reading what people were saying ... Ooops. I guess trying isn't something we can expect from you, is it?
  • Options
    @No_Try

LOL.

Are you having trouble reading? I said that CG probably would grant the option, but you were down on people for wanting to get the maximum payout for a given investment of resources. I quote:

I'm not laughing at you for thinking CG won't offer us the choice. I'm laughing at you because you thought a valid critique was that people are trying to get the best rewards they can for a given level of roster development.

If only you had tried a little harder at reading what people were saying ... Ooops. I guess trying isn't something we can expect from you, is it?

Apparently I'm neither able to read nor been playing the same game as you. Good luck with the thing that you also know won't happen ;)