Journey guide release

Prev1
The journey guide sounds great, I love that events will be permanently available to play. Do we have an idea of when it will be released? I believe they said the next title update, but not sure when that will be

Replies

• I'm pretty excited about being able to access some of the legendary events I'm waiting for, but I haven't really seen a sense of timing around the Journey Guide. I imagine it's coming soon given the recent posts describing it, but do we have any sense yet of when it might be coming to the game?
  • Will the “older than a year” events permanent place be released alongside the “Journey Guide” in December or is that even further down the road?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We dont have any stated information yet. Stay tuned and they will put out updates as they have them.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Sounds like a basic table of contents indexing the characters. This could be useful if it had functionality.

For example say you want to farm character X with say cantina energy. It would be nice to find the index. Click on said character and quick reference the node to sim. Not just an arbitrary reference where I have to go back to my characters, click find, filter through again etc.

Do it right the first time.
  • I want my 7* wookie and golden trashcan. :)
  • G8tor wrote: »
    How much is it going to cost to unlock this journal? Then how much for each event?

We all know this company does nothing without trying to make a profit. Looking at the 5☆ unlocks and new GET currency.

So what is the price tag.

They literally gave you alot of good stuff for free, couple days ago. Stop complaining, be a man
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    G8tor wrote: »
    How much is it going to cost to unlock this journal? Then how much for each event?

We all know this company does nothing without trying to make a profit. Looking at the 5☆ unlocks and new GET currency.

New players who continue playing = potential new spenders. That's where the profit is in this case. The game has become too daunting for new players (And spenders), so they are trying to remedy that. While adding content that new players won't even sniff until years into the game, but that's a different can of worms...
  • Only question I have is how it will affect mythics? I guess they will continue to be released as is but not being tied to the legendary at all. Cant see them being available 24/7
  • Only question I have is how it will affect mythics? I guess they will continue to be released as is but not being tied to the legendary at all. Cant see them being available 24/7

They actually answered that, mythics will still be on schedule.
  • Where did that get answered? I don't think I've seen it anywhere.
  • Strange, I was under the impression that they said it in one of their announcenents, but I can't find it now. Maybe I misremember, but it would be the most logical expectation anyway.
  • To add to how the journey guide generates profit - every time a new legendary/journey/epic character is released, everyone screams about the paywall, how the event is whales only. Now when new players join, many of the strongest characters in the game will be sitting there in plain view, behind a massive wall of time or money. This guide gives new players opportunity and encouragement to whale out.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    GR1303 wrote: »
    Where did that get answered? I don't think I've seen it anywhere.

I think I saw some discussion of this being in the latest podcast.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    GR1303 wrote: »
    Where did that get answered? I don't think I've seen it anywhere.

I think I saw some discussion of this being in the latest podcast.

That would explain why I didn't find it in any announcement here. And I was beginning to think that I'm imagining things.
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    The journey guide sounds great, I love that events will be permanently available to play. Do we have an idea of when it will be released? I believe they said the next title update, but not sure when that will be

The next title update is planned for December according to the road ahead.😀
  • Where is Darth Revan?????
  • Eastryder wrote: »
    Where is Darth Revan?????

Where did you last have him? 😹
  • It's going help new and old players seeing some of us miss the mark and such...and have to say "i will get this char or that the next time" what if you had unlimited time and such to really build said factions for said events...and have the knowledge of it being there permintitny
  • Waiting for him as well :)
  • This site says possibly 'mid December' for permanent event.

https://swgohevents.com/

Lol, u know what I meant. Drevan, according to the 3 Month time, should be out for EVENTS (LOL). I panicd farmed him cause I thought the event was returning a week ago
    Eastryder wrote: »

Lol, u know what I meant. Drevan, according to the 3 Month time, should be out for EVENTS (LOL). I panicd farmed him cause I thought the event was returning a week ago

They said in the Q&A that Darth Revan will be added to the Journey Guide (even if it's not an 1 year + old event). That's good news, at least now we know we'll be able to get him the day they release it, which might be mid-december.

• nkvcq38x4vsi.jpg

Waiting for darth revan please release update sooon!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    G8tor wrote: »

Indirectly benefits the stability of the game by creating more knowledgeable players. Will probably eliminate some of the forum posters who blame CG for their own missteps too.

Maybe one or two lol. That even feels high.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Does anyone know if we can replay events we missed? Like I stopped playing for about a year and a bunch of new toons came out. Do we get a chance to unlock them and play the events that get you shards or will you only be able to farm them from the tables?
  • Journey guide this week please? Nearly 100 days since Darth Revan's event last came...
  • Does anyone know if we can replay events we missed? Like I stopped playing for about a year and a bunch of new toons came out. Do we get a chance to unlock them and play the events that get you shards or will you only be able to farm them from the tables?

Depends on the event, marquees won't go into the journey guide I don't think, but legendary characters and such will. So if it is a one-off event for a character that is now farmable, the only way to farm them is from tables and stores.

Depends on the event, marquees won't go into the journey guide I don't think, but legendary characters and such will. So if it is a one-off event for a character that is now farmable, the only way to farm them is from tables and stores.

Thats the funniest part... Marquees SHOULD go into the Journey Guide. New players should get a crack at those 50ish shards or whatever. They've gotta start from scratch and can't get any of the marquee shards.