Are mods still relevant anymore?

This will probably come off as a dumb question but figured I'd ask for clarity. With the introduction of relics now bringing massive stat boosts to toons who can access them do mods play a significant role in a toon's performance like they used to? I thought I read that speed is a stat that isn't effected by relics but when you have a toon at like relic 4 or higher do mods really mean all that much anymore?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mods are % based off of the stats of a toon, which are increased by relics..... so yes they are.

If you want to test it yourself, you can remove your mods and see what happens.
  • Options
    yes, I saw a stream with a R7 KRU, and it was slaughtered by a G11/G12 JTR team because he had slow mods on his FO team
  • MomoTheNinja
    102 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes, especially mods that increase percent based stats like offense, health, defense, etc. A relic character gets a much more significant boost from these than one without a relic, so mods supplement the relics amazingly well. Also, speed is still king most of the time. Relic or not, a lower relic team that can all go first still has a vast advantage over a team that's slow but has higher relics, especially for mirror matches. Mods are still king
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Of course!
    Speed is still (and probably forever) the most important thing.
  • Options
    Mods are an expectation.
  • Options
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    yes, I saw a stream with a R7 KRU, and it was slaughtered by a G11/G12 JTR team because he had slow mods on his FO team

It's not mods, it's JTR being hard counter for FO.