Double drops are out? Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Slicing material is amazing during double drops. Rose might make sense, but I hope not.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Slicing material is amazing during double drops. Rose might make sense, but I hope not.

Yes !
    And I’m just getting her to 7* I doubt she is a req for anything but I rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
  • Options
    The drop rate for shards is 33% over a large sample size. Double drops run for a short time, and together with the hard node limit, a small sample size is guaranteed. So the result is that you'll have people getting results that deviate quite a bit from 33%. As the outliers are most likely to post about their results, my thought is that the "double drop reduced drop rate" conspiracy theory will never die (despite double drops being a very good thing).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    It's her and FOSFTP that I'm behind on. Hoping they're not needed or I can rush-farm them 7* in time.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's her and FOSFTP that I'm behind on. Hoping they're not needed or I can rush-farm them 7* in time.

It’s the gear and zetas that worry me. Can’t do much about that of you don’t have them lol

I’m really hoping FO gets some real love this go around
  • Options
    I had REALLY bad luck at the start of Double drops (30 Battles with only 4 Mk4 keyboard salvage. The heck?) But then I've been pulling some good stuff. Can't be mad abou this
    on2d8xzlcqiq.png
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • Options
    Seems like normal drop rates to me.

No nefarious reduction in raw rate that I can see.

The shards below is the "normal" count, double it for the actual # of shards I got.

Loved getting 40 Brood Alpha Shards in 33 Sims!!

xm3yc6jqj8rd.png
    q2mk29jm2uhb.png

• Options
    Every year when double drops come, I can't wait for it to end.

I am always farming something. These farms happen every day, day after day, sometimes for months to get the shards to level up a character to 7 stars. I know what to expect. I do my 5 sims and sometimes I get 0, sometimes I get 5. I know that on average I get 2 or 3 shards.

And then double drops come and I am reminded that 2 x 0 = 0. Every time I hope it isn't true, so I spend the 25 and 50 crystals to refresh the node twice. I do 15 sims a day and get 0 shards. The next day I do 15 sims and get 0 shards. This trend continues until double drops ends and then I go back to getting my average 2 or 3 shards per day.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, just my personal experience of being subjected to 'double drops' many times over the years I have been playing.
  • Options
    cnjga5hgmmj2.png
    93ugnpqspvqg.png

Drop rates seem great to me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    In general I'd prefer guaranteed drops over double drops, but I'm not complaining tbh.

Obviously everyone would prefer guaranteed drops since guaranteed is equal to tripple drops on shards and (i believe) quadruple drops on gear, but without the influence of RNG. That's a no brainer.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Every year when double drops come, I can't wait for it to end.

I am always farming something. These farms happen every day, day after day, sometimes for months to get the shards to level up a character to 7 stars. I know what to expect. I do my 5 sims and sometimes I get 0, sometimes I get 5. I know that on average I get 2 or 3 shards.

And then double drops come and I am reminded that 2 x 0 = 0. Every time I hope it isn't true, so I spend the 25 and 50 crystals to refresh the node twice. I do 15 sims a day and get 0 shards. The next day I do 15 sims and get 0 shards. This trend continues until double drops ends and then I go back to getting my average 2 or 3 shards per day.

This isn't a conspiracy theory, just my personal experience of being subjected to 'double drops' many times over the years I have been playing.

You're either the most unlucky player to ever play this game, or you've got selective memory.
    My money is on the latter.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    In general I'd prefer guaranteed drops over double drops, but I'm not complaining tbh.

Obviously everyone would prefer guaranteed drops since guaranteed is equal to tripple drops on shards and (i believe) quadruple drops on gear, but without the influence of RNG. That's a no brainer.

Guarranteed would be equivalent of 5x for gear and 3x for shards.
  • Options
    Atarius wrote: »
    I don't know, but every time we have double drops, it feels that the drop chance is lower than normal 😶
    “Feels like” =/= “is”

It's a moot point to make since we'll never know for sure.
    The Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment patent makes that plain.
    You can take the company's word for it, but that's not typically been the wisest course with most companies.

You can also sample droprates via certain paradigm; i.e. drop rates get dynamically adjusted when you have X shards left to completion or drop rates get lowered on 2x drop periods...and with enough communal samples know if those theories are true.

Without any data between taking CGs word that drop rates are static or taking the blanket statement "we know they do this" the wise choice is the first one to me. They would have abstained from stating anything, they did state something. Outright lying would have serious repercussions for a small extra earning (which they can easily induce with decisions purely out in the open).
  • Options
    They are good in general,except fleet nodes,i dont know why i get constantly 0 drops from there
  • Options
    I did 3 cantina refreshes in a row on a 16 energy node and got exactly 2 shards.
  • Options
    igotthelog wrote: »
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

Double drops: Discuss. How good is this?

As you can see from the mixed responses the x2 events are a mixed bag if you get good RNG during the event it feels good and helps,
    But and it's a big but if rng isn't going your way you cant avoid the simple fact 2x0=0
    I have had nothing as far as anakin ship shars despite refreshing the node so I do at least 10 hits a day.

It's all just depends what side of the rng fence you are.
    I never save or spend during a x2 event as it doesn't change the underlying rng.
    As I already said 2x0=0.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ph1l wrote: »
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

As you can see from the mixed responses the x2 events are a mixed bag if you get good RNG during the event it feels good and helps,
    But and it's a big but if rng isn't going your way you cant avoid the simple fact 2x0=0
    I have had nothing as far as anakin ship shars despite refreshing the node so I do at least 10 hits a day.

I never save or spend during a x2 event as it doesn't change the underlying rng.
    As I already said 2x0=0.

1x0=0 as well, so why not take advantage of x2 events? Like you said, the underlying RNG doesn't change.
  • Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

As I already said 2x0=0.

1x0=0 as well, so why not take advantage of x2 events? Like you said, the underlying RNG doesn't change.

I didn't say dont play did I?
    I just said I dont save or pay for it
    I dont see the value in it if you do then good for you to each there own
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

As I already said 2x0=0.

I didn't say dont play did I?
    I just said I dont save or pay for it
    I dont see the value in it if you do then good for you to each there own

I didn't say you don't play did i? i asked why you won't take advantage of the x2 event.
    Even with horrible RNG you'll still end up with twice the rewards you normally would have gotten. I don't know what to tell you if you can't see the value in that.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

As I already said 2x0=0.

Yeah but on the 1x0 days, the drop rate isn’t lowered ;)

To be fair I dont think they adjust the drop rates for the x2 event let's face it what was the last thing cg changed that wasn't bugged all to hell including the 3rd run of an event where they didn't need to adjust anything so if they adjusted the drops they would mess that up to no doubt lol

And over my time farming anakin ship I've had many 10 and 0 shard days no different to this weekend

Cg dont hold your x2 back for when your getting good rng same as they dont hold it till your in a dry spot

I've had bad rng during x2 where I did spend and save energy it wasnt any help so I've chosen to not do that again and it played into my advantage this time as in an rng dry spot not to say next time it wont playout the other way

• Options
    One point that I have noticed is this is great for credits and for the cantina table tokens.
    "But," he whispered, "it was so artistically done"
    The smile faded. The glow in his eyes did likewise... and Thrawn, the last Grand Admiral, was gone.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

As I already said 2x0=0.

To be fair I dont think they adjust the drop rates for the x2 event let's face it what was the last thing cg changed that wasn't bugged all to hell including the 3rd run of an event where they didn't need to adjust anything so if they adjusted the drops they would mess that up to no doubt lol

And over my time farming anakin ship I've had many 10 and 0 shard days no different to this weekend

Cg dont hold your x2 back for when your getting good rng same as they dont hold it till your in a dry spot

I've had bad rng during x2 where I did spend and save energy it wasnt any help so I've chosen to not do that again and it played into my advantage this time as in an rng dry spot not to say next time it wont playout the other way

That's why one hoards energy before the event and do the minimum refills during it. The more runs you do in total, the closer you get to average rng=drop rates and your bad luck for a few runs ceases mattering. If you don't care for this rare opportunity, it's fine.
  • Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

As I already said 2x0=0.

That's why one hoards energy before the event and do the minimum refills during it. The more runs you do in total, the closer you get to average rng=drop rates and your bad luck for a few runs ceases mattering. If you don't care for this rare opportunity, it's fine.

After doing 20 runs and getting zero shards why would I throw more at it at some point you have to know when to walk away from the table especially when gambling not just throw more at in the hope and again when your not getting what your after it's not that special or rare to get the same rates as any normal day.
    Not everyone gets the same experience if yours was good then congrats but my experience has not been good in these x2 events your not wrong for your view but same goes for me as I said it just depends on the side you are on
    And from other posts in this thread others are also on the 2 different sides
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

As I already said 2x0=0.

After doing 20 runs and getting zero shards why would I throw more at it at some point you have to know when to walk away from the table especially when gambling not just throw more at in the hope and again when your not getting what your after it's not that special or rare to get the same rates as any normal day.
    Not everyone gets the same experience if yours was good then congrats but my experience has not been good in these x2 events your not wrong for your view but same goes for me as I said it just depends on the side you are on

This is not akin to gambling in that, most varieties of gambling would involve super low chances which you hope to hit that slim chance over many others also shooting for it.

On our current drop rates which is rather comparable to flipping a coin with 5 sides, we constantly hit it. There surely is a point to roll more times, exactly 2x more than standard periods. Normal farming sucks, I doubt you refrain from normal farming. 2x sucks half less.
  • Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    kzz6cpwlt74y.png

As I already said 2x0=0.

This is not akin to gambling in that, most varieties of gambling would involve super low chances which you hope to hit that slim chance over many others also shooting for it.

On our current drop rates which is rather comparable to flipping a coin with 5 sides, we constantly hit it. There surely is a point to roll more times, exactly 2x more than standard periods. Normal farming sucks, I doubt you refrain from normal farming. 2x sucks half less.

Again 20 and 0 with the x2 that is not half as bad as anything
    It's just perspective from your good rng side it have value
    But from my view it hasn't been
    I have not once said ether side is wrong in fact I have a few times said both are correct it just depends what the outcome has been for you as an individual player