Replies

• Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    Ph1l wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Atarius wrote: »
    I don't know, but every time we have double drops, it feels that the drop chance is lower than normal 😶
    “Feels like” =/= “is”

It's a moot point to make since we'll never know for sure.
    The Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment patent makes that plain.
    You can take the company's word for it, but that's not typically been the wisest course with most companies.

Or you can look at the data actually collected by hundreds of players/guilds with thousands of data points over the past 4 years that all point to a 30-33% shard drop rate at all times. But let's just keep pretending that no one has ever actually tracked the data...it's much more fun ignoring facts! :D

And you are someone the had no understanding of diminishing returns in any way or form that too goes for any of you saying x2 are a great thing and I cant be bothered to teach it to you go google it 1000s of top professional mathmathic bodys have done that for you

and for the 9th or 10th time it's all dependant on RNG if it's good during the x2 you think it's worth it,
    If it's bad you dont.

It isnt the gift to all it is made out to be just because it was good to you done not stop the fact of 30 runs and 0 shards for me not you try stepping out of your bubble and see others get a different experience than you

Even with only freebie energies you had way past 30 runs during 2x. And a few times that if you had just used some refills. 2x is universally 2x better. Now you can get same sprees on drought on 1x until next 2x. They are not the same.

Again go look up diminishing returns then get back to me
    And I did 30 runs of anakin ship but no he wasn't the only unit I was farming ti also and again a fat lot of nothing it was just bad rng at the time for me I've had the same bad runs of luck during non x2 events so the fact of x2 made it no better or worse just a normal day with a different method to get you Crystal's off of you
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I don't know, but every time we have double drops, it feels that the drop chance is lower than normal 😶
    “Feels like” =/= “is”

You can take the company's word for it, but that's not typically been the wisest course with most companies.

Or you can look at the data actually collected by hundreds of players/guilds with thousands of data points over the past 4 years that all point to a 30-33% shard drop rate at all times. But let's just keep pretending that no one has ever actually tracked the data...it's much more fun ignoring facts! :D

And you are someone the had no understanding of diminishing returns in any way or form that too goes for any of you saying x2 are a great thing and I cant be bothered to teach it to you go google it 1000s of top professional mathmathic bodys have done that for you

and for the 9th or 10th time it's all dependant on RNG if it's good during the x2 you think it's worth it,
    If it's bad you dont.

It isnt the gift to all it is made out to be just because it was good to you done not stop the fact of 30 runs and 0 shards for me not you try stepping out of your bubble and see others get a different experience than you

Even with only freebie energies you had way past 30 runs during 2x. And a few times that if you had just used some refills. 2x is universally 2x better. Now you can get same sprees on drought on 1x until next 2x. They are not the same.

This has nothing to do with diminishing returns, the servers in it's totality gave out 2x of what it would give out on standart times. We are talking about virtual good that can be generated infinitely if so desired. If you mean something else by diminishing returns, explain it.

I calculated the chance of getting 0 on 100 runs earlier in the thread. Look it up and get back to me.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    “Feels like” =/= “is”

If it's bad you dont.

This has nothing to do with diminishing returns, the servers in it's totality gave out 2x of what it would give out on standart times. We are talking about virtual good that can be generated infinitely if so desired. If you mean something else by diminishing returns, explain it.

I calculated the chance of getting 0 on 100 runs earlier in the thread. Look it up and get back to me.

Yes it has everything to do with diminishing returns and your statement shows you know nothing about it lol
    The cost for each refresh is not a constant not on nodes or extra energy.

So yes diminishing returns is very valid here again if you understand you too would see this
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    “Feels like” =/= “is”

If it's bad you dont.

Yes it has everything to do with diminishing returns and your statement shows you know nothing about it lol
    The cost for each refresh is not a constant not on nodes or extra energy.

So yes diminishing returns is very valid here again if you understand you too would see this

Thanks for clarification. I do understand diminishing returns pretty well, yet you kept dropping the word without context.

In my case since I always do the first refills, I got 2x the amount of what I would usually get. If I was merely doing freebies, I would also get 2x of that. I'm under no illusion since it's 2x, I should now refill past what I would normally do. i.e. 2nd batch would break me even (within that batch) compared to normal since it's 2x pricier. I did a bit of 2nd batch that I wouldn't normally do just to speed up my progression in some areas. More would be at my loss.

So you got 2x of what you would normally get and in total you got something, you didn't get 0 in all of your runs. True? Or are you one of those that claim drop rates are nerfed during 2x?
  • Sims always have diminishing returns since that concept is about return on investment and as refresh cost gets higher, returns vs cost lowers.

That being said, not sure how double drops come into play. If anything, they temporarily increase everyone's rate of return and extend the point of diminishing returns vs normal (i.e. 200 energy refresh has the same expected return during double drops as 100 during normal drops). I think you are both right, but No_Try is more right (refreshes have diminishing returns, but not more because of double drops).
  • Got 0 or 2 shards from camp and fleet shard, got 2 gear from 32 attempts.
    The only place where I got decent drops was cantina.

Overall, I was left with a very bitter taste, as it is usual after every so-called double drop event.
  • For me it was actually good, especially the Cantina drops. Also heard from some of my guild mates that they had good drop rates