Double drops

Prev13456
Paleon
27 posts Member
edited November 2019
Why do you have double drops for the harder to find items like kyrotek when the drop rate ends up getting cut in half? So you got double drops but I'm still spending the SAME amount of energy and getting the same amount of items from energy spent!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• They don't....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Provide data pls. This is one of the most widespreads rumors where none of the rumormongers has data to back it up.
  • Ugh. Another flat earth thread.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    I mean CG claims that the drop rates aren't changed, but they don't provide any data to back that up, only their "word". They should be more transparent on these stuff than just their "word".

To provide proof would be to release game code, which is proprietary, or just to release something everyone would claim is faked anyway. You want to prove a contrary opinion, the ball for research is in your court, get on with it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Provide data pls. This is one of the most widespreads rumors where none of the rumormongers has data to back it up.

I mean CG claims that the drop rates aren't changed, but they don't provide any data to back that up, only their "word". They should be more transparent on these stuff than just their "word".

They never released any droprates either, we deducted them by data. And if any of the drop rate claims are true, they can also be deducted by data. I'm not saying drop rates aren't halved during 2x, but why halved, maybe it is 1/4ed. We'll never know without any data. Even a low amount of total samples a person can up with is a valuable contribution to a collective pool of data if we did it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

To provide proof would be to release game code, which is proprietary, or just to release something everyone would claim is faked anyway. You want to prove a contrary opinion, the ball for research is in your court, get on with it.

I'm not the one who should be proving things since i'm not on the dev team. CG make the claim so they have to prove it.

You are not the one that made the claim? Ok then, since there are no claims, we have no topic to talk about.

I'm not the one who should be proving things since i'm not on the dev team. CG make the claim so they have to prove it.

They don’t though. And what data could they possibly provide? If you don’t believe drops are doubled, then why would you believe their data is real?
  • I think his point is that it's just a terrible reward.

Imagine working really hard all year and your boss pulls you into his office and says, "Fantastic year Smith!! Productivity is up 200%, complaints are down, you saved the whale and you invented bitcoin!

As your reward for everything you've done and to make you feel amazing, I'm giving you the slim opportunity to potentially earn a bonus!!

Aaaaaaaaannnnd..... nope. You got nothing!

You can go now. Close the door."

I get that chance is a fickle beast. But, that's what makes it such a bad idea to use it to try and make people feel good. Because everyone who lands on black instead of red feels like they've been punched in the groin.

So far I've been earning less shards than I did a week ago without double drops. I understand that this may be random chance, bad luck, chaos theory etc. and I'm so used to it by now I don't really mind, but if EA want to reward people then give them a reward, not a % chance that you get left feeling like you just got shafted.

They don’t though. And what data could they possibly provide? If you don’t believe drops are doubled, then why would you believe their data is real?

Anything besides their word will work for me. It won't hurt anyone to be more clear about that.

I’ve been getting WAY better than double on my drops. There. That qualifies as “anything.”

It’s also precisely one more piece of data than you have provided to support your silly nonsensical claim.

Anything besides their word will work for me. It won't hurt anyone to be more clear about that.

I’m being 100% serious here. What could possibly be more clear than getting double of the listed items?

I’m being 100% serious here. What could possibly be more clear than getting double of the listed items?

They could pinkie promise.
  • The all-caps made this thread 75% more legitimate. Or at least it feels like that to me, so it must be true.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

I’ve been getting WAY better than double on my drops. There. That qualifies as “anything.”

It’s also precisely one more piece of data than you have provided to support your silly nonsensical claim.

Better than double? Data plz.... :wink:
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The all-caps made this thread 75% more legitimate. Or at least it feels like that to me, so it must be true.

"Feels"
  • CG can release data from other "statistics" of how many people got GAS or so many other things but not on their drop rates??? Go back to sleep buddy.

Last time I checked it was you coming up with some made up claims of halved drop rates so why should others need to prove that your baseless accsation is wrong?
  • Paleon
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    And it's not for all items. I'm still getting decent drops on a lot of other items. Just not some of the really hard farms as mentioned. These are items I'm farming VERY regularly. Like every day! So you can not agree but there's something not right. I want them to produce logs or create logs that record their drop rate percentage. You know? Like they do for shards in their data packs! Or do you think they got to ExPoSe AlL ThEiR CoDe for that, too! >:/ Dummy.
  • Paleon wrote: »
    CG can release data from other "statistics" of how many people got GAS or so many other things but not on their drop rates??? Go back to sleep buddy.

Drop rates are a defined value acting on whatever rng engine as far as they are concerned. Only statistics would be if the engine is running properly which yields the result "working as intended".

Whether to publish those rates or not is a completely irrelevant decision to this and not something they also find out like your GAS example or spending distributions etc.
  • Oh. So you work for CG? You know how they are running their code? You apparently don't know what you're talking about. They HAVE drop rates links in game for the rate that character shard amounts are likely to be given.
    .10% chance for 7 shards(not actual what the stat is. Just an example for those ignorant people with their ignorant comments as if they know anything about this game or just programming in general.)
    I want them to produce logs or create logs that record their drop rate percentage. You know? Like they do for shards in their data packs! Or do you think they got to ExPoSe AlL ThEiR CoDe for that, too! >:/ Dummy.
    1) why can’t you create logs to record drop rates?

2) lots of people have gone to the trouble of recording drop rates and the collated evidence is clear: shard drop rate = 30-33%; purple gear (including Kyrotech) =20-22%

3) I’m not sure why you typed in mixed case, or called someone a dummy, but they are required by law in some countries to reveal the percentages for different outcomes on cash purchases, like they do for shards in data packs. That’s why they reveal them.
  • Paleon
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    If you're not sure then you should read the thread in it's entirety. Are they required to do that here in the U.S.? You know... probably not. I know United Kingdom brought EA before a committee for the loot box gambling issue in Battlefront. I don't believe the U.S. did that. So that would tell me that Britain might require it but the U.S. doesn't maybe?
    Oh. So you work for CG? You know how they are running their code? You apparently don't know what you're talking about. They HAVE drop rates links in game for the rate that character shard amounts are likely to be given.
    .10% chance for 7 shards(not actual what the stat is. Just an example for those ignorant people with their ignorant comments as if they know anything about this game or just programming in general.)

Yeah I both work for CG and don't know what I'm talking about.

There are published drop rates in the packs which are also bound by their rng engine, do you also think they are not the real numbers and cg is lying to us about them and real rates are different? If not, why not?
  • It feels like something is off about the drop rate. I'm definitely not the only one who's experienced this.
    It feels like something is off about the drop rate. I'm definitely not the only one who's experienced this.
    You’re definitely not the only one who “thinks” you’ve experienced this.

And you’re absolutely definitely not the only one who thinks this that has not tracked any drop rates whatsoever to verify whether or not there’s any truth in it.
    If you're not sure then you should read the thread in it's entirety. Are they required to do that here in the U.S.? You know... probably not. I know United Kingdom brought EA before a committee for the loot box gambling issue in Battlefront. I don't believe the U.S. did that. So that would tell me that Britain might require it but the U.S. doesn't maybe?

It’s a global game. If they need to do something for one territory, it makes sense to do it for them all. The information would be easy to find by users in the regions where they weren’t required to provide the rates.