Clarification regarding fear mechanic stacks

When DRevan stacks fear, it pretty easily can be stacked with multiple stacks from BSF or Malak. Question, and I understand it is currently working as intended....

Why doesn't a single stack of fear dispell into the other buffs and then the count of fear lower by one? Would this give a massive boost or advantage to those with the ability to stack fear?

The example I can think of that is similar would be DoT stacks, but generally there aren't a lot of buffs that stack in this way. I can understand why DoTs all disappear (and the damage they cause is simply stacked), but when it comes to fear, the new rules with bonus turns, it seems pretty key to slow down the enemy for a few turns and that fear wouldn't work in the same manner as a stun. A stun is a single turn buff which can't really be stacked. When you are stunned, and you get stunned again, maybe add a stack of shock, but it wouldn't make sense to actually add more "paralysis" in a manner of speaking. When you scare/fear someone who is already feared, it definitely makes sense for them to be terrified for an even longer amount of time. I'm not arguing for either case, but it's interesting to look at this behavior and to decipher what makes sense. Thoughts?

Replies