Jedi for Light Side GeoTB

Prev1
So I noticed that in the first phase, there is a requirement for both character territories to have 5 Jedi at 7*. The problem is that now you are forced to choose between the special mission or the regular mission to give you more points. The only viable jedi team will most likely be JKR, the other three good jedi are taken by the padme special mission and I highly doubt Qui-gon jinn lead with trash jedi is going to get the job done. The solution is obvious, REWORK all those useless jedi including mace windu. Kthxbye

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Highly doubt they'll rework anymore jedi.

For the three missions in P4, you could essentially do:

- JKR, Bastila, Jolee + Ezra, Old Ben, Hermit Yoda
    - Padme, Anakin, GK, Ahsoka, C3PO
    - KAM, GMY, Shaak Ti, Barriss + Plo Koon, QGJ, Mace, Kit Fisto, Aayla, or one of the others.

I'm not saying it's ideal but it's doable. Not sure if 4/4 on all three missions will be possible. But I imagine that by the time you have a 7* KAM and can do that mission, those jedi could feasibly be R7 and you could get 4/4 on all the missions. They've said that this is a long-term event and we won't be ready to do it all for quite some time.
  • Options
    I’m still hopeful for a kit touch up for the GR Jedi (remember that the Geos got their touch up AFTER the first DS Geo TB). It doesn’t need to be earth shattering, but perhaps a ‘Jedi Council’ passive ability similar to Geo’s Swarm Tactics or Phoenixes Unique sharing? Something like Aayla passes out +25% counter chance to the team, Luminara gives 10% protection recovery, Ima Gun Di gives a 30% Defense boost (those are just numbers pulled off the top of my head, the point being to give them a small team wide boost that plays off the characters designed strengths).
  • EBERRY
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, Ezra, and Hermit or old ben.

Padme, improvise... I’m going to use her with my 501st clones+shaak ti since I don’t have GAS and the clones w/relics under her lead will hopefully get the job done.

Then GK, gmy, jka, ahsoka, barriss.

Could swap gmy and Ezra if need be for more damage on the JKR squad. Its absolutely doable, you just have to change things up a little bit, definitely more than just one viable option.

Edit: it’s all speculation until we can play it and actually see the difficulty as that will almost certainly force more adaptation, but there’s options regardless.
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »

- KAM, GMY, Shaak Ti, Barriss + Plo Koon, QGJ, Mace, Kit Fisto, Aayla, or one of the others.

I'm not saying it's ideal but it's doable. Not sure if 4/4 on all three missions will be possible. But I imagine that by the time you have a 7* KAM and can do that mission, those jedi could feasibly be R7 and you could get 4/4 on all the missions. They've said that this is a long-term event and we won't be ready to do it all for quite some time.
    On the podcast interview, they strongly suggested there will be another prequel era cycle sooner rather than later, corresponding to Clone Wars going to Disney+/season 7, to include a Mace rework.

Besides, this being Star Wars, you know that as long as there's a game, there will always be more Jedi coming eventually.
    Still not a he.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Also dont forget that with TROS there is potentially more jedi on the way.
  • Options
    When does light geo TB come ?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

On the podcast interview, they strongly suggested there will be another prequel era cycle sooner rather than later, corresponding to Clone Wars going to Disney+/season 7, to include a Mace rework.

Besides, this being Star Wars, you know that as long as there's a game, there will always be more Jedi coming eventually.

I wouldn't mind that at all :smiley:
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    When does light geo TB come ?

Dec 2
  • Options
    EBERRY wrote: »
    JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, Ezra, and Hermit or old ben.

Padme, improvise... I’m going to use her with my 501st clones+shaak ti since I don’t have GAS and the clones w/relics under her lead will hopefully get the job done.

Then GK, gmy, jka, ahsoka, barriss.

Could swap gmy and Ezra if need be for more damage on the JKR squad. Its absolutely doable, you just have to change things up a little bit, definitely more than just one viable option.

Edit: it’s all speculation until we can play it and actually see the difficulty as that will almost certainly force more adaptation, but there’s options regardless.

Unfortunately i think your padme wont finish the special mission. She relies heavily on protection up and with clones, there's just not a steady stream of that with clones.
  • Options
    Sad isnt it, we have plenty of Jedi numbers but the viability of Kit, Eeth, Luminara, Jedi Guardian, QG, Plo Koon, etc...
    The excuse of the failed Mace rework is pretty pathetic... they've already had different ideas floating around with TW bonuses and DS Geo.
    We've had sixteen units reworked (four of them twice) and eleven new units as part of the Clone Wars cycle. That's a lot, especially on top of putting out two TBs, relics, Camino, and GAC.

It's not a matter of ideas kicking around. "We ran out of time and had to kick Mace to the right a few months," is entirely reasonable.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I'm wondering if, instead of reworks, they have designed some of this tb around existing jedi abilities that no one uses.

Is it Eeth Koth that has an anti droid lead? Maybe that'll actually be good?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Eeth Koth is made for the hAAT raid, which is entirely droids. Nothing in his kit remotely makes a difference anymore.

Or maybe it's Ima Gun Di. One of those.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Eeth Koth is made for the hAAT raid, which is entirely droids. Nothing in his kit remotely makes a difference anymore.

Or maybe it's Ima Gun Di. One of those.

Given EK existed long before the haat raid (he was a launch character), I'm not sure where the idea comes from that he was made for the haat raid.
  • Options
    Ok just checked the kits.

Eeth Koth has bonuses for himself against Droids, but doesn't share them around. My bad.

And I'm gonna die has damage bonus against Droids on basic. But again just him.

So probably not a huge help to bring them along and gear them up for the tb.

Oh well.
  • Options
    Wonder if GMY lead zeta will be a benefit for geo TB??
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Wonder if GMY lead zeta will be a benefit for geo TB??

No
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    For survivability alone, they will have to rework GR Jedi. As if people are going to G12/G13 GR Jedi to ONLY use in TB when they useless in TW/GA
    Post edited by Nadebotfm on
  • Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    For survivability alone, they will have to rework GR Jedi. As if people are going to G12/G13 GR Jedi to ONLY use in TB when they useless in TW/GA

Right, because no one has geared up their GK, JKA, Yoda, General Skywalker, Bariss, or Ahsoka - all of which either were or are now part of a top tier team.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

I think they will, in particular Mace Windu.

With the clone wars returning next year, there is a number of things they could do to upgrade/rework existing toons and also bring more to the table - perhaps even different versions such JKA and GAS.
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

Right, because no one has geared up their GK, JKA, Yoda, General Skywalker, Bariss, or Ahsoka - all of which either were or are now part of a top tier team.

Cool, you just named 6 GR Jedi: 1 is a EC toon, 2-3 will more than likely go under padme for her special mission, and as if you are going to run GMY outside of JKR.

In conclusion, my point still stands
  • Options
    I'm wondering if, instead of reworks, they have designed some of this tb around existing jedi abilities that no one uses.

It is not good enough to be good, and no his lead is not anti droid it is the rest of his kit
  • Options
    I’m still 85 shards away from GAS being able to even attempt the mission.
  • Options

well im 330 shards away ;)
  • Options
    Nice I’m like 327 away for ARC.. Now if G$ was a 7* unlock I would of most likely spent to get ARC up and going.
  • Options

Did you not get 10 shards from the recent gift?
  • Karlito
    58 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

320 you mean !

Edit: oups. Above already mentioned that
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

I think they will, in particular Mace Windu.

With the clone wars returning next year, there is a number of things they could do to upgrade/rework existing toons and also bring more to the table - perhaps even different versions such JKA and GAS.
    There is also a new Rey coming out before the clone wars returns, and she might have Jedi synergy built into her kit outside a Jedi tag
  • Options
    Some of the missions require Galactic Republic Jedi specifically. That's the kicker.