Jedi for Light Side GeoTB

2Next

Replies

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Sad isnt it, we have plenty of Jedi numbers but the viability of Kit, Eeth, Luminara, Jedi Guardian, QG, Plo Koon, etc...
    The excuse of the failed Mace rework is pretty pathetic... they've already had different ideas floating around with TW bonuses and DS Geo.
    We've had sixteen units reworked (four of them twice) and eleven new units as part of the Clone Wars cycle. That's a lot, especially on top of putting out two TBs, relics, Camino, and GAC.

It's not a matter of ideas kicking around. "We ran out of time and had to kick Mace to the right a few months," is entirely reasonable.

Reworked chars - A lot of touch ups which shouldn't need a lot of effort at all.
    New chars/ships - That's true even though it feels like we got way more new chars/ships in the last years.
    Two TBs - "New TBs" are just reskins with buffed up enemies (LS tb - ridiculous tenacity to counter the debuff heavy dark side chars aswell as a huge HP boost) and a few additional chars for the AI while the majority of chars are already in the game and either are the exact same version as the playable ones or just have a slight touch up like Mace for example. The only "difficult" thing to do is coming up with that "mini raid" (AT-ST on hoth and now Acklay for DS and Reek/Nexu for LS).
    Relics - Just increasing values of char by a certain amount for each relic level, doesn't sound like a very difficult thing to do but rather like a blatant and quick cash grab.
    Camino - Not sure what this refers to. GAS? So a new background map. Sure.
    GAC - GA with a leaderboard (wow) and an improved matchmaking (which could still take some fine tuning). Nothing new here either.

So ultimately this year has been the "reskin and touch up" year selling us already existing stuff with a facelift for the most part. It very much feels like they are a too small development crew (even though they mentioned that 90 people work on this game at some Q&A I think - don't even wanna know how many are just working on graphics/art/sound/etc.) and they're just not able to deliver the content that we deserve. Short on man power? Then hire up more people, jeez...This game is still making several million $ per month and they are still pushing out cash grab after cash grab with the hyperdrive **** already on the horizon.
    So I have to disagree, it's NOT "entirely resonable".
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I think I’m just going to wait and see and hoard resources. I’m hoping for an overlap of episode 9 and Geotbs.

Lstb seems to be the long content. Especially with the allusions to revisiting some GR Jedi.

The way my platoons are set up - I need one more team in dstb- maybe imperial troopers as of now- and speculation wise - FO military/knights of Ren.

Lstb- still have to unlock and Star GS/Arc trooper
    Finish up snips for padme.

GR Jedi seem to be the bane for everyone. I suspect most have them ready for p1 Haat.

Will be testing a few teams out in lstb. I am hoping solo toons can get through when probably equipped and that res can be the Tb all stars as they were in Hoth.

Wait and see and hoard what you can.
  • Not reworking Mace is fine, it's just really disappointing as most of us expected him to get a rework if anything. And when the stated reason for not reworking him is that they didn't have the time to do the full proper rework he deserves, but will in the future then that's actually great, more than great, so long as it happens.

But there are however several GR jedi currently in the game that are utterly horrible. More than half of these jedi were even on the Jedi Council, and should be reasonably powerful. So if they actually don't rework a single outdated/useless jedi then that is seriously disappointing. Sure, Mundi gives them a boost but he's not exactly a quick farm, and I'd like to actually use my GR jedi to unlock him, or use in the TB at all.

Sure, they did minor touch-ups to Ahsoka, Ani, and GK, but those were minor and nothing like the reworks we were promised.

As for the actual statement I have been referring to, I've done some digging through the forums and come up empty handed so far. If you guys only realized the amount of posts I'd have to read through to find this source, and that post could be in several different sib-forums. But I'll find it eventually.

Oh and it would be nice if some of the others who picked up on mentions of reworks of older GR jedi could chime in. It's not like I'm lying or making this **** up.

But regarding Mace, I can wait another full year if I have to, as long as they do his rework proper justice.

Oh and the "Mace is too easy to get to deserve a good rework" argument is complete ****. Both Asajj, Dooku, and Nute got amazeballs reworks, and they're equally easy to get. It's just that the other toons that will complete those characters so to speak are harder to get. Think Talzin for example, or the new Separatist droids. You need those to make either Seps or NS reach full potential, and they're more or less endgame toons. Really hope they rework Mace before summer at least though.
  • Not reworking Mace is fine, it's just really disappointing as most of us expected him to get a rework if anything. And when the stated reason for not reworking him is that they didn't have the time to do the full proper rework he deserves, but will in the future then that's actually great, more than great, so long as it happens.

But there are however several GR jedi currently in the game that are utterly horrible. More than half of these jedi were even on the Jedi Council, and should be reasonably powerful. So if they actually don't rework a single outdated/useless jedi then that is seriously disappointing. Sure, Mundi gives them a boost but he's not exactly a quick farm, and I'd like to actually use my GR jedi to unlock him, or use in the TB at all.

Sure, they did minor touch-ups to Ahsoka, Ani, and GK, but those were minor and nothing like the reworks we were promised.

As for the actual statement I have been referring to, I've done some digging through the forums and come up empty handed so far. If you guys only realized the amount of posts I'd have to read through to find this source, and that post could be in several different sib-forums. But I'll find it eventually.

Oh and it would be nice if some of the others who picked up on mentions of reworks of older GR jedi could chime in. It's not like I'm lying or making this **** up.

But regarding Mace, I can wait another full year if I have to, as long as they do his rework proper justice.

Oh and the "Mace is too easy to get to deserve a good rework" argument is complete ****. Both Asajj, Dooku, and Nute got amazeballs reworks, and they're equally easy to get. It's just that the other toons that will complete those characters so to speak are harder to get. Think Talzin for example, or the new Separatist droids. You need those to make either Seps or NS reach full potential, and they're more or less endgame toons. Really hope they rework Mace before summer at least though.
    What promise? When?

At what point were we specifically promised GR Jedi reworks this cycle? Wild fan speculation is not a promise. That you want something does not mean it was promised. Mentions of thoughts and plans is not the same as a promise. Hope is not a promise.

This cycle, we got sixteen characters reworked or touched up (not counting Plo), most of those substantial and hugely impacting the viability of those characters.

Before this cycle, Separatists did not function as a faction. Now, you can get two strong teams out of them easily, and can squeeze out a third. Before this cycle, Galactic Republic did not function as a faction, and Clones were at best mediocre. Now, there's enough material to make two strong GR teams, and maybe even go as far as four.

We've gotten reworks for B2, Magnaguard, Grievous, Anakin, General Kenobi, Ahsoka, Poggle, Sun Fac, Soldier, Spy, Dooku, Nute, Jango, Rex, Echo, and Fives. Other than GK and Jango, this cycle has radically transformed the viability of all these characters.

So we've gotten enough reworks this to meet any reasonable expectations for reworks, even if they didn't include your specific hopes. And we've gotten five pieces of content tied to GR Jedi- three reworks and two new units.

So... unless you can find something super specific (which I sincerely doubt), CG has delivered in good faith.
    Still not a he.
  • ^^ all reworks have been awesome. Waiting for a Mace rework just reinforces their commitment of it being great as well.

If there are a one thing to choose or what the devs do well - it’s been the reworks starting with BH.
  • cy0yi0x79c0b.jpg

I'm holding my breath until I turn as purple as Mace Windu's glorious lightsaber.
    He is being reworked. You will see. Huuuuuuuuuf (I'm holding my breath now)