Is ig 86 sentinel droid good under proper leadership?

So I was just going through some older toons looking to see what I could potentially put together for an effective squad when I came across ig 86. Its ability to gain increased critical chance per droid ally would make it somewhat viable in a droid squad but if led by hk47 with t3m4 in the party as well just how good could it really get?

Replies

• inb4 all the "LOL NO IZ TEH BADZ" comments from people who definitely haven't tried it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    he sucks regardless of which lead you use him under. Seems like @Jarvind was just in time !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Awww throwback to my meta team in 2015-2016 HK, IG88, IG86, Nebit, JE
  • No, he's worse even than Mace is, and Mace is hot garbage.
  • There just isnt anything in his kit to make him useful. The CC gain is only so useful since you can get more than that with mods. His special could lead to some big damage if he calls the right ally, but since it's random you can't bank on it.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    No, he's worse even than Mace is, and Mace is hot garbage.

At least he was meta once.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    No, he's worse even than Mace is, and Mace is hot garbage.

At least he was meta once.

That's true. 86 was meta for a while, and Mace has been hot garbage for 4 whole years.
  • The only good and proper leadership for IG-86 is on a TVF team.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You have to get him over 1200 shards first.

Almost there. Thanks double drops!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • When you have no squads left and need a toon that can 1 shot/assist kill a toon, that is where your G8 7* ig86 shines. All else = garbage
  • He’s great on defense if you put him with chewie. His special will call chewie to assist, and so will guard, which will glitch the matrix and make your opponents’ buttons disappear, forcing a timeout. You just have to make sure you G13 him first so he can get his speed up to ~340 to ensure he goes first.
  • TVF wrote: »

But 1200 + (2x0) = 1200
  • Nope. He's worse than mace is
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • He's right up there with CuP and Mob Enforcer. CG missed him when doing Sep reworks
  • I use him in a team of Thrawn (L), Ewok scout, IG-86, FOTFP, Leia. This is my go to team to kill off single R7 Malaks. I end with full hp and protection on everyone on my team. Everyone on the team is moded for offense and protection. They range from g12 to g8 thus have a small hp pool to minimize drain life damage.

A Phasma lead team can also clean up many teams.

If you don’t know how to use IG-86, then don’t hate on him. Don’t compare him to Mace because IG-86 can get work done.
  • I use him in a team of Thrawn (L), Ewok scout, IG-86, FOTFP, Leia. This is my go to team to kill off single R7 Malaks. I end with full hp and protection on everyone on my team. Everyone on the team is moded for offense and protection. They range from g12 to g8 thus have a small hp pool to minimize drain life damage.

If you don’t know how to use IG-86, then don’t hate on him. Don’t compare him to Mace because IG-86 can get work done.

He's apretty powerful toon but not good with synergy which sucks
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

But 1200 + (2x0) = 1200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V46zfLEnYns
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    I use him in a team of Thrawn (L), Ewok scout, IG-86, FOTFP, Leia. This is my go to team to kill off single R7 Malaks. I end with full hp and protection on everyone on my team. Everyone on the team is moded for offense and protection. They range from g12 to g8 thus have a small hp pool to minimize drain life damage.

He's apretty powerful toon but not good with synergy which sucks

His biggest synergy is his call to assist.
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

But 1200 + (2x0) = 1200

Oh this is easy,

1200 + (2x0) = 1200

= 1200 + (2x × 0) = 1200 (since (2x0) is 2x (0) [×]
    (Remove brackets because nobody likes them.

=1200 + 2x × 0 = 1200

= 1200{-1200} + 2x × 0 = 1200{-1200}

= 2x x 0 = 0

Since misusing 0 is useless I'm just removing it.

= 2x = 0
    Divide both sides by 2

X= 0

Meaning, there is literally 0 valid points of trying to use this useless character.